Prospect Info: 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #7

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's time for round 7!

Don't forget to suggest a player to add to the poll:

1. Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (75.77% of the vote).
2. Jarred Tinordi, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (55.33% of the vote).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C/LW/RW Leksands. (47.13% of the vote).
4. Nikita Scherbak, Right Wing, Saskatoon Blades. (65.75% of the vote).
5. Sven Andrighetto, Right Wing, Hamilton Bulldogs. (28.87% of the vote).
6. Zachary Fucale, Goaltender, Halifax Mooseheads. (32.76% of the vote).

I've added Josiah Didier, D, Denver to the poll.

Gabriel Dumont, C, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Patrick Holland, C, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Mike Condon, G, Wheeling Nailers.
Joonas Nattinen, C, MODO Hockey.
Stefan Fournier, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Colin Sullivan, D, Green Bay Gamblers.
Peter Delmas, G, Gwinnett Gladiators.
Maxim Trunev, RW, Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.
Mike Cichy, C, Western Michigan.
Jake Evans, C, Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
Daniel Carr, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Jack Nevins, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs.
Nikolas Koberstein, D, Olds Grizzlys.
Hayden Hawkey, G, Omaha Lancers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Nygren is the obvious choice here. I actually like our depth a lot right now. Seeing kids like Lekhonen, Hudon, Fucale, Dietz and Bennet not even on the board yet is pleasing to see.

I'll sound redundant, but I think were missing some high end skill.

Nothing after Scherbak and Beaulieu.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Voted Lehkonen, but this was a tough one since I base my rankings off of likelihood to make the NHL as well as upside.

In this case, Pateryn, Tokarski, Bennett, Sekac, and Gregoire all seem will make the NHL sooner rather than later. That being said, I feel Lehkonen will be a future 30 goal scorer in the NHL in the next 2-3 years, so I chose him based on upside alone (Reway could have been chosen in this regard, too).

If I had not chosen him, I guess it would have been Pateryn, who will be our full-time bottom-pairing RHD next year, in all likelihood.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
As of right now, I think it is between 5 players that all brings something different.

Arturri Lehkonen is that small skilly prospect. At this point, he has more upside that any other choices.

Michael McCarron is the big guy. He is slow, and did not have a good 1st ohl season, but he can work on his skating, and Tinordi also did not have a great 1st ohl season at the same age, and he is now our 2nd best prospect.

Charles Hudon is the small hard working player, who could become a good 3rd player on an offensive line. His defensive play is good, and he has a great hockey IQ. But, at 20 years old, he is already injury prone, and while he is small, that is not good. If he can overcome this, I could see a future line with Hudon-Galcheyuk-Scherbak.

Magnus Nygren is the offensive PMD. He has good upsides, but he wouldn't be the first defenseman to show great thing in Europe, and not being able to esthablish in NA. Plus the fact he do not want to play in Hamilton.

Greg Pateryn is the more sure thing, and NHL Ready. But, I don't think he will be anything more than a #5-6 defenseman.

I never saw Sekac, so I cannot say anything about him, and I think I'm going to vote for Lehkonen.

Add Dumont. Delmas is no longer a habs prospect

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A lot of folks have soured on McCarron but I have a strong feeling he will emerge as a solid Hab in a few years. Hard to ignore his raw tools and size...

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Can someone explain what is that we are measuring here? is the potential of becoming an NHL player? talent? charisma?....I really don't understand.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can someone explain what is that we are measuring here? is the potential of becoming an NHL player? talent? charisma?....I really don't understand.

Users choice.. some people vote through potential, NHL readiness, likelihood of reaching the NHL, and career to date. Rank them how you would and vote..

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Both upside and likelihood of making it. It depends on the poster what he places greater emphasis on. Example: I may rank Gregoire over Reway because I think he has a greater chance at reaching the NHL even though Reway has more natural skill.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Both upside and likelihood of making it. It depends on the poster what he places greater emphasis on. Example: I may rank Gregoire over Reway because I think he has a greater chance at reaching the NHL even though Reway has more natural skill.

What you say makes sense...but I find illogical that Fucale, playing junior is ranked before Tokarski who played in the ECF....:help:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What you say makes sense...but I find illogical that Fucale, playing junior is ranked before Tokarski who played in the ECF....:help:

That's because most think Tokarski is probably still a career backup and Fucale has starter upside. Tokarski performed well in the ECF but it was a small sample size and it was a bit of a surprise he even got the opportunity after Price's injury.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Would it be possible to compare these rankings to last year? Just thought it would be interesting to see how many spots that our prospects have moved up/down beside their current ranking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad