Prospect Info: 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #6

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think Hudon is by far our most underrated prospect. Voted for him, Fucale and McCarron being pretty close. Sekac, would like to see more from him. Might be an NHL player now, but I don't think we know much about his upside. Jan Bulis ? (Hopefully with more accuracy...)

Nygren, I have some slight character concerns.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Sekac and Andrighetto ahead of McCarron...that's whack! Especially Sekac..most have never seen him play a shift!! I can put together a highlight reel for McCarron that makes him look like a star too.

A lot of HF talent evaluators are enamoured by non-NHL stats. McCarron is going to make a lot of you look foolish in a couple of years.

Thing is, everyone's criteria is different.

Its upside versus the chances of realizing that full upside. Some people are heavily on one side while others may swing on the other side of the pendulum.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Not enough love I think for Nygren, who is tearing up the Swedish league and already won the Salming Trophy.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Good new for McCarron is, everybody will be doing cartwheels if he plays more and takes a step forward in development, largely due to this past season.

I think he could easily bump up his production by 20 points just getting top 6 ice time all year and another 10-20 by progression. 65-70 points would not surprise me.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Good new for McCarron is, everybody will be doing cartwheels if he plays more and takes a step forward in development, largely due to this past season.

I think he could easily bump up his production by 20 points just getting top 6 ice time all year and another 10-20 by progression. 65-70 points would not surprise me.

But the haters will still find something to whine about :laugh:

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Voted Nygren.. Second vote would have been Fucale..

Definately not Sekac.. no ones seen him play yet their voting for him

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
I really have a hard time understanding how come people vote for Fucale before Tokarski.

Fucale is playing junior, we don't even know if he will be good in the AHL' left alone the NHL...Tokarski just goaled in the Eastern Final Conference and was simply sensational and will replace Budaj this year or the next one.....geez ppl these days.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Fucale is a better prospect because he has legit #1 goalie upside. Tokarski does not and Tokarski is like 5 years older.

Tokarski won the junior gold. Fucale didn't. Tokarski like Fucale won the Memorial Cup. Tokarski won in the A and played excellent in the NHL playoffs. Fucale hasn't even played a game in the A.

All that should count for something.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just based off the hype around him, I'm giving my vote to Sekac considering he'll likely be in the NHL this season.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Sekac and Andrighetto ahead of McCarron...that's whack! Especially Sekac..most have never seen him play a shift!! I can put together a highlight reel for McCarron that makes him look like a star too.

A lot of HF talent evaluators are enamoured by non-NHL stats. McCarron is going to make a lot of you look foolish in a couple of years.

The progress in McCarron's learning curve next season should be enough to open a lot of eyes and when he starts playing AHL/NHL pro's it will become quite apparent at least IMHO. He's certainly shown he's capable of being a difference maker in some games for London Knights this season, I for one didn't think he would be available when the Habs picked. His game at the end of his draft year, was very good and I figured he'd go in the late teens 17th/18th, real glad the Habs drafted him.:nod: Add Danny Carr I'm expecting good things from him on the PP, more goalscorers are needed and offence in general, puck possession follows naturally IMO.

Last edited:

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
The progress in McCarron's learning curve next season should be enough to open a lot of eyes and when he starts playing AHL/NHL pro's it will become quite apparent at least IMHO. He's certainly shown he's capable of being a difference maker in some games for London Knights this season, I for one didn't think he would be available when the Habs picked. His game at the end of his draft year, was very good and I figured he'd go in the late teens 17th/18th, real glad the Habs drafted him.:nod: Add Danny Carr I'm expecting good things from him on the PP, more goalscorers are needed and offence in general, puck possession follows naturally IMO.

I agree. I'm also very confident in McCarron's ability to step his game up. He will have a bigger role now that Tierney, the Rupert bros, Anderson, Welchyka and Smith are gone. I don't have the stats but I'm pretty sure all of these guys had more PP time and offensive zone starts.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
its between lekhonen/fucale/nygren/sekac for me, went with lekhonen

edit: McCaron has the same amount of votes as Lekhonen :laugh:

Last edited:

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I really have a hard time understanding how come people vote for Fucale before Tokarski.

Fucale is playing junior, we don't even know if he will be good in the AHL' left alone the NHL...Tokarski just goaled in the Eastern Final Conference and was simply sensational and will replace Budaj this year or the next one.....geez ppl these days.

That's like asking why Scherbak is a better prospect than Andrighetto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad