Prospect Info: 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #21-25

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Please select your top 5 remaining prospects.. Prospects with the most votes will be ranked accordingly on this edition of the prospect rankings.

1. Nathan Beaulieu, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (75.77% of the vote).
2. Jarred Tinordi, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (55.33% of the vote).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C/LW/RW Leksands. (47.13% of the vote).
4. Nikita Scherbak, Right Wing, Saskatoon Blades. (65.75% of the vote).
5. Sven Andrighetto, Right Wing, Hamilton Bulldogs. (28.87% of the vote).
6. Zachary Fucale, Goaltender, Halifax Mooseheads. (32.76% of the vote).
7. Mike McCarron, Right Wing, London Knights. (23.08% of the vote).
8. Arturri Lehkonen, Left Wing, Frolunda. (29.41% of the vote).
9. Magnus Nygren, Defenseman, Farjestads BK. (38.10% of the vote).
10. Jiri Sekac, Right Wing, Prague Lev. (63.87% of the vote).
11. Dustin Tokarski, Goaltender, Hamilton Bulldogs. (36.48% of the vote).
12. Greg Pateryn, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (46.15% of the vote).
13. Charles Hudon, Left Wing/Center, Baie-Comeau Drakkar. (45.21% of the vote).
14. Martin Reway, Left Wing, HC Sparta Praha. (40.91% of the vote).
15. Mac Bennett, Defenseman, Michigan. (24.64% of the vote).
16. Jeremy Gregoire, Center, Baie-Comeau Drakkar. (29.01% of the vote).
17. Christian Thomas, Right Wing, Hamilton Bulldogs. (34.13% of the vote).
18. Tim Bozon, Left Wing, Kootenay Ice. (31.36% of the vote).
19. Connor Crisp, Center, Hamilton Bulldogs. (40.00% of the vote).
20. Darren Dietz, Defenseman, Hamilton Bulldogs. (30.59% of the vote).

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thrower, Didier, Condon, Audette and Lernout.

Koberstein, Carr, Dumont, Holland and Macmillan are next.

Hawkey, Nattinen, Fournier, Ellis and Nevins follow.

Evans, Sullivan, Trunev and Cichy complete the list.

The only one I give Bust status are Trunev and Cichy. All the other ones have a chance, no matter how slim, to make the NHL someday.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Thrower, MacMillan, Condon, Lernout and Audette.

Condon should definately get more love than he is right now.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
It's been a long time since I've seen such good prospects out of our top 20.

I just have a really good feeling about Dalton Thrower maybe, but I think he has the kind of game that could translate well to the AHL and NHL and hope he makes it someday.

Of course, our haystack is likely loaded with needles cause of Timmins :)

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Thrower, Audette, Lernout, Didier, Dumont. I still think Dumont is a gamer with offensive upside (15 goals for a bottom six guy , most likely 4th line guy).

Next 5:

Hawkey, Koberstein, MacMillan, Ellis, Condon.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Honestly...just don't put Cichy's name in this. We will not retain his rights. Probably one of the few players that there's just no doubt about that.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Nikolas Koberstein intrigues me so I tossed him a vote :)

RD 6'2" 205lbs at 18, very raw but another prospect in the mold of where we'd like the franchise to go.

If any of Koberstein, Thrower, Crisp, end up NHLers they'll not only be steals but hopefully very effective players for us. Haven't been this excited about our prospect pool in a long time. How do you guys think it ranks up in the league?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's the only time of the year when Cichy is actually relevant to our discussions :laugh:

Cichy loves the off-season.

Well August 16th....I hope there's a big final thread for him. Let's even make August 16th an official HF Cichy Day......day where we say bye to irrelevant players :D

Cichy could have looked like a nice player though. Obviously, this was before we saw his progression stopped. And then, just to be sure that he would be as irrelevant as possible, he stopped playing for 1 year because he changed school.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well August 16th....I hope there's a big final thread for him. Let's even make August 16th an official HF Cichy Day......day where we say bye to irrelevant players :D

Cichy could have looked like a nice player though. Obviously, this was before we saw his progression stopped. And then, just to be sure that he would be as irrelevant as possible, he stopped playing for 1 year because he changed school.

He'll be gone into the wind.. never to be heard from again. I think moving from North Dakota was a stupid move for him. In the end, I don't think it would have made much difference for him. He was a 7th round long shot.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
We should ask one of our resident shoopers if they can make some sort of 'Cichy trophy', awarded each year on this board to our most irrelevant prospect.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Folks are underrating this year's draft crop by the look of these polls whether it be Lernout, Audette or even Koberstein.

I'd say the Hab consider Lernout to be a top 20 prospect in the system right now, perhaps top 15. Lest we forget that they moved UP in the third round to draft him. I'm hearing that Colorado coveted him in the third, and Columbus had two 3rd round picks ahead of Montreal and have a scout based in Swift Current....Habs weren't going to chance it and moved up, which indicates the team had THOR rated as a top 50 prospect at the very least, perhaps top 40.

Timmins recently predicted that Audette will play in the NHL some day....feels he is being underrated, and has the drive/strength to overcome height issues. His old man was an afterthought in the draft as well because of his height, drafted in the 9th round...ended up scoring 260 goals. When you've inherited tree trunks for legs, it makes it a lot easier to withstand the rigors of the pro game, and Audette is not a wallflower. He was not just a nepotistic pick. Audette's stats were eerily similar to Scherbak's, and played on an equally inept team. He will be a dominant player in the Q this season and Sherbrooke will be stronger. I still think he's a longshot to a certain extent, but admittedly I didn't scout him very prodigiously. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Folks are underrating this year's draft crop by the look of these polls whether it be Lernout, Audette or even Koberstein.

I'd say the Hab consider Lernout to be a top 20 prospect in the system right now, perhaps top 15. Lest we forget that they moved UP in the third round to draft him. I'm hearing that Colorado coveted him in the third, and Columbus had two 3rd round picks ahead of Montreal and have a scout based in Swift Current....Habs weren't going to chance it and moved up, which indicates the team had THOR rated as a top 50 prospect at the very least, perhaps top 40.

Timmins recently predicted that Audette will play in the NHL some day....feels he is being underrated, and has the drive/strength to overcome height issues. His old man was an afterthought in the draft as well because of his height, drafted in the 9th round...ended up scoring 260 goals. When you've inherited tree trunks for legs, it makes it a lot easier to withstand the rigors of the pro game, and Audette is not a wallflower. He was not just a nepotistic pick. Audette's stats were eerily similar to Scherbak's, and played on an equally inept team. He will be a dominant player in the Q this season and Sherbrooke will be stronger. I still think he's a longshot to a certain extent, but admittedly I didn't scout him very prodigiously. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

90% of us didn't know Lernout before the draft and 90% of us still don't know Koberstein. :laugh:

I predict they'll jump in next year ranking.

As for Audette, he's getting the french smurf treatment, we'll get over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad