Speculation: 2014 Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Based on the idea that DT has money to spend this free agency period. Who do you like? Who do you dislike?

I'd like to see Dale sign at least one or two of the following players this July (in no particular order)

Moulson
Gaborik
Vanek
Hemsky
Michalek
Raymond
J.Jokinen
Cammalleri

I like the speed and offense they all bring. They're all good shooters with the perfect mentality to compliment Barky. I think it's going to be vital to get, like I said, at least one or two of the guys on this list to help manufacture a new method of scoring on this team. The Barkov line has to be poised to be strong and productive next season. That's where veteran scoring comes into play. These players can fit that role.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Again, Vanek is going to Minnesota and LA, after the playoffs Gaborik had, will resign him. My prediction? One of Moulson/ Hemsky (maybe both), and Stoner as a #6.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
and how much would we want to spend on vanek? he's a 30 goal scorer that may get really overpaid. if its for 3yrs then its not a big deal, but I'm sure he'll want a decent length contract and thats why i dont see it working.

i think he'd look at cammalleri and hemsky, both probably wouldnt be too long (3, maybe 4yrs). maybe moulson depending on the price. but cammalleri and hemsky are the two i think we'll look at the most.

kooma 13

Mar 15, 2014
Hemsky or cammalleri would be great, probably gonna end up with heatley.

Edit: also vrbata would be good fit.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
After the run Gaborik had I don't care what you have to do as long as it is under 4 years.
The reason why Gaborik played so well in LA, which was also noted by the announcers many times during the finals, is that he didn't have to be "the guy" there because of LA's depth, unlike in every other place Gaborik had previously played in.

He'd be the guy again here and I don't see it working.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
don't see where heatley would fit. unless we can't sign anyone else and its a last minute "gilbert" type signing.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
i'm hoping for moulson & cammalleri!
moulson just has to grow a new awesome mustache cuz we've been kinda low on that since parros left

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Moulson was horrible for Minnesota. Not sure about him

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I think we'll sign one of Cammy, hemsky, or moulson. I don't see us landing Vanek with a huge mega million deal but I think tallon will go hard after the rest of the top crop and land one of those three.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
don't see where heatley would fit. unless we can't sign anyone else and its a last minute "gilbert" type signing.

No Heatley... please. God. No. Noooooooo.

The guy has lost his wheels and isn't even an effective scorer anymore. It was a pain to watch him this season.

Minnesota might not go after Vanek after all due to his playoff performance. So who knows, mauybe he is available.

Thomas Vanek is no longer a given. Four or five months ago, I think it was a given. But the bright future that many of the kids provide the Wild coupled with Vanek’s tough postseason with Montreal has changed things.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/263154581.html

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Moulson is my top want. I know he didn't play up to par this past season, but he was on three different teams which could have been a factor to get used to one system.

Cammalleri is probably second as I think he'd fit into our system well.

I didn't originally want Gaborik as he's very injury prone, but after this year's playoffs, how could you not even if he plays for half of the season? I think the Kings are likely going to try to re-sign him though.

I wanted Raymond last off-season, so I'd be fine with getting him again if they can make an offer.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Moulson is my top want. I know he didn't play up to par this past season, but he was on three different teams which could have been a factor to get used to one system.

Cammalleri is probably second as I think he'd fit into our system well.

I didn't originally want Gaborik as he's very injury prone, but after this year's playoffs, how could you not even if he plays for half of the season? I think the Kings are likely going to try to re-sign him though.

I wanted Raymond last off-season, so I'd be fine with getting him again if they can make an offer.

I would like to see us sign 3 of these guys:)

Matt Greene
Anton Stralman
Matt niskanen
Andre markov
Brooks orpik
Andre benoit

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Matt niskanen
Andre markov
Those two I'm hoping for on D.

For forwards I want Moulson as the #1 target and to look hard at Callahan.

Though if Vanek isn't going to Minny I 'd throw as mush cash as possible, playoff performance aside.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if we draft a forward, then i think robidas would be a 1-2yr target for campbell. mitchell hopefully to pair with gudbranson on a 2yr deal (if not, meszaros maybe). nikitin would be a nice partner for kulikov.

and for top-9 forwards, we already have 4 wingers so we'd look to sign 1, maybe 2 at the most if pirri isnt a 5th winger and depending on who they are. and perhaps a vet center to join barkov-bjugstad so we're not too young down the middle.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
We either don't need them, they are overpriced or dirty, have attitudes, won't go to Florida, whatever. I think our kids are going to have to step up in a big way. I believe DT does want to bring in a couple of D-men but they'll likely be Weaver types. Guys he can trade late round draft picks for. Do it on the cheap. I can't believe that all of a sudden the Florida Panthers are not a budget team.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The Vrbata experiment failed when he was with Tampa. It seems like he loves playing in PHX's system and wouldn't mesh well elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad