2014 Flyers prospect ranking: #10

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Went with Alt here.

Cousin is next for me. I think he's getting unfairy overlooked if he doesnt go in the next couple spots. As a past 3rd rounder did people really think he would step in as an AHL rookie and light it up? If he makes an NHL impact it won't be because of his offense, it will be as a role player. If he can continue to work on his two-way game I really think there's a place for him in the NHL for a long time. Unlike someone like Akeson who needs to be in a scoring role, Cousins doesn't need that to make an impact.

I suggest a group pause here to marvel that there is a legitimate discussion to be had surrounding the 10th best prospect of this franchise.

Whether it be as 4th liners and #6 defenseman, just the fact that there are 4-5 guys left that have a legit shot at a career in the NHL is impressive.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Went with Alt here.

Cousin is next for me. I think he's getting unfairy overlooked if he doesnt go in the next couple spots. As a past 3rd rounder did people really think he would step in as an AHL rookie and light it up? If he makes an NHL impact it won't be because of his offense, it will be as a role player. If he can continue to work on his two-way game I really think there's a place for him in the NHL for a long time. Unlike someone like Akeson who needs to be in a scoring role, Cousins doesn't need that to make an impact.

Whether it be as 4th liners and #6 defenseman, just the fact that there are 4-5 guys left that have a legit shot at a career in the NHL is impressive.

Umm well regardingg Cousins he is going to really need to improve his defense to be considered a two way player. He struggles quite abit defensively. Alot worse than Akeson.

I saw this though when people were predicting him as an offensivr player in the pros. He didnt have an offensive attribute that was great.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I like Cousins better than Akeson, and while I'm not necessarily saying he's a better prospect than NAK, NAK gets the benefit of being fresh and the fan base not having a chance to scrutinize his game and/or there not being time yet for his development to go only so-so

Cousins is suffering a little from that IMO

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I like Cousins better than Akeson, and while I'm not necessarily saying he's a better prospect than NAK, NAK gets the benefit of being fresh and the fan base not having a chance to scrutinize his game and/or there not being time yet for his development to go only so-so

Cousins is suffering a little from that IMO

Well yea AK is 3 years younger... He is a pretty raw player with the skills. Cousins is 21 and I dont really think his offensive game is all of a sudden going to be great. It really will be tough for Cousins to succeed. I actually like the kid and the Straka-Cousins-Alderson line looked really good at times, but him not having a defensive game, he is really going to need to capitalize on his offense play. Unless he wants to turn into just an agitator which can make it even harder.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Manning was tendered an RFA contract. He just hasn't signed it yet. We own his rights.

If he doesn't sign soon then he won't be a Phantom. Too many options there now with Hagg, Ghost, Alt, Pettersson, Lauridsen, Lamarche and Konan. I'm sure management will want a vet back there too. And lets be honest, if he's not in the AHL at 24 then in all likelihood he doesn't have a legit future in hockey.

Btw, he's a horrible defensemen. He's good offensively but is so unsteady in his own zone. Realistically I think he could help the Phantoms (aka is a better option then say Lamarche) but honestly he'd probably be a bottom pairing guy at this point anyway. Though tbh he's been bad for a while now and still got thrown out there for loads of minutes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1