2014 Flyers prospect ranking: #10

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Rankings:

1. Samuel Morin - 39.34%
2. Scott Laughton - 39.25% (winning by 1 vote)
3. Shayne Gostisbehere - 64.55%
4. Travis Sanheim - 83.64%
5. Robert Hagg - 79.81%
6. Anthony Stolarz - 66.27%
7. Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 55.43%
8. Jason Akeson - 31.00%
9. Taylor Leier - 50.72%
10. ???

Thank you to all that have participated thus far. We are currently halfway through the list as I am going to do the top 20 prospects. From now and on I may end a poll rather quickly if I feel the poll has reached a consensus for that spot. If it is close, it will most likely remain 1 day long intervals in between polls.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for doing these polls. I voted for Alt.

Mark+Alt+New+York+Rangers+v+Philadelphia+Flyers+Xj53FhZ-35Ol.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nick Cousins has fallen pretty far eh?

He had pretty average at best year but did finish on a strong note & was added to the black aces for the playoffs. Hopefully a bounce back year is in store for him & a lot of other guys down there with legit talent on the way.

I still got him #10 on my personal rankings but I had Alt ahead of him so he was my pick here.

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I voted Alt.

Johnston, Noebels, Lamarche, Manning, Konan, Mathers should be added. IMO, Goumas should be subtracted.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He had pretty average at best year but did finish on a strong note & was added to the black aces for the playoffs. Hopefully a bounce back year is in store for him & a lot of other guys down there with legit talent on the way.

I still got him #10 on my personal rankings but I had Alt ahead of him so he was my pick here.

It's nice to finally have a bunch of good prospects to hopefully rely on in the next 2-5 years!

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I voted Alt.

Johnston, Noebels, Lamarche, Manning, Konan, Mathers should be added. IMO, Goumas should be subtracted.

Noebels should definitely be on the poll now. And Goumas is better than 3 of the other 5 prospects you mentioned, at least in my books, no need to scratch him.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Alt should go here. He actually has solid upside. I'd say more than Leier. I'd have Cousins over Leier as well.

Friedman and Cousins should go next, imo.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Noebels should definitely be on the poll now. And Goumas is better than 3 of the other 5 prospects you mentioned, at least in my books, no need to scratch him.

My point was that Goumas isn't Flyers property. All of those other guys are. Goumas can sign an NHL deal with any team he wants at any time.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

There was always concern about his offense transitioning well to the pro ranks. He was only higher in previous rankings because our prospect pool really sucked haha.

I guess I understand, I just remember people penciling him into the lineup a few times over the last year or two.

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Alt for sure. Cousins hasn't fallen as much as he has been passed.

Pretty much this. There have been full drafts since Cousins was selected as a 3rd round pick in '11, it's not surprising he's dropped a bit in the rankings due to the influx of recent higher picks.

NHLPaul

Jun 4, 2014
You know... Around
Obviously Goulbourne isn't #10 but don't knock him too much. He could very well make a good 3rd/4th liner. Very good energy guy with a hard shot. Had a great development camp (take it for what it's worth). Don't agree with taking him in rd 3 but don't think it's as big a waste as people seem to believe.

For this pick, alt. But Lindblom and Petterson are close for me.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Alt for sure. Cousins hasn't fallen as much as he has been passed.

It's been a little of both. The knock was always that his offense wouldn't translate at the next level and for the majority of the season, it didn't. That said, it was a Terry Murray coached team (emphasis on D at the expense of offense) and he did come on late. Too early to write him off, but this is a pretty significant year for Cousins. He needs to show an improved offensive game or he's going to likely freefall off this list given his other limitations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad