G R O U P S

worldcup-groups-tabel-620px.jpg

S C H E D U L E

wc2014.png

Last edited:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Will still be cheering for USA. The game is not won on paper.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
6pPCP62.gif
jDrqKRe.png

Ghana vs. USA

Estadio das DunasNatal (BRA) Monday 16 Jun 2014 - 6:00PM EST (19:00 Local time)
Group stage - Group G

imbvHxO.png

---

jDrqKRe.png
KxEcB50.jpg

Portugal vs. USA

Arena AmazoniaManaus (BRA) Sunday 22 Jun 2014 - 6:00PM EST(18:00 Local time)
Group stage - Group G

I3VHAxo.png

Last edited:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I for one cheer for Argentina, since Norway insist on dissapointing me.

Usa has Diskerud though, who has both Norwegian and American citizenship, so I will partially root for team usa as well. But, GG not taking Landon. Almost as bad as Argentina leaving Tevez home

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I for one cheer for Argentina, since Norway insist on dissapointing me.

Usa has Diskerud though, who has both Norwegian and American citizenship, so I will partially root for team usa as well. But, GG not taking Landon. Almost as bad as Argentina leaving Tevez home

Mix may be my favorite player behind Donovan on USA. Going to be bittersweet seeing him wear #10!

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Brazil
Croatia

Mexico
Cameroon

Spain
Chile

Netherlands
Australia

Columbia
Greece

Japan
Ivory Coast

Italy
Uruguay

England
Costa Rica

Switzerland
France

Ecuador
Honduras

Argentina
Bosnia

Iran
Nigeria

Germany
USA

Ghana
Portugal

Russia
Belgium

Algeria
S..Korea

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Brazil
Mexico

Spain
Chile

Cote d'Ivoire
Japan

Italy
Uruguay

France
Switzerland

Argentina
Nigeria

Germany
Portugal

Belgium
Russia

Brazil-Chile
Cote d'Ivoire - Uruguay
Spain - Mexico
Italy - Japan
France - Nigeria
Argentina - Switzerland
Germany - Russia
Belgium - Portugal

Brazil - Uruguay
Spain - Italy
Argentina - Nigeria
Germany - Belgium

Brazil - Italy (Balotelli shoots the ball off Neymars face and into the net in OT)
Argentina - Belgium

Argentina - Italy to pull off the ultimate troll. I hope I've got the seeding and all correctly.

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
Rossi left off the Italy roster again...wow.

Losing Montolivo is a big injury for them. I thought he was one of their best players at the Euro's two years ago.

The USA back line really worries me.

Vidic15*

Is Marco Reus really out for the WC? My favorite player. I was going to root for Germany. I guess i will have to go for Spain or Argentina.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is Marco Reus really out for the WC? My favorite player. I was going to root for Germany. I guess i will have to go for Spain or Argentina.

Looks like the final run for the Podolski-Klose tandem. lol.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I pull for the nation I live in, and my ethnic heritage.

Obviously, USA, even though the defense is suspect.

Since Sweden and Lithuania didn't qualify, then I go with England, who probably has less of a chance of getting to the knockout rounds than the USA, and Germany.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
argentina is my pick to win it all, i think brazil is overrated. argentina with messi aguero higuain and di maria, thats insane and zabaleta on back end

i'm italian so obviously rooting for italy but argentina is unreal

BlaqICE

Apr 10, 2007
N.Y.
Brazil
Mexico

Spain
Chile

Cote d'Ivoire
Japan

Italy
Uruguay

France
Switzerland

Argentina
Nigeria

Germany
Portugal

Belgium
Russia

Brazil-Chile
Cote d'Ivoire - Uruguay
Spain - Mexico
Italy - Japan
France - Nigeria
Argentina - Switzerland
Germany - Russia
Belgium - Portugal

Brazil - Uruguay
Spain - Italy
Argentina - Nigeria
Germany - Belgium

Brazil - Italy (Balotelli shoots the ball off Neymars face and into the net in OT)
Argentina - Belgium

Argentina - Italy to pull off the ultimate troll. I hope I've got the seeding and all correctly.

If Italy and Brazil both win their groups, they can't meet until the final.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Australia shocks the World and advances past the group stage.

Okay I'm putting the bottle down.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Argentina all the way. I think Brazil will have too much pressure to in their home country. If Argentina does win it all, they better have security around them and quickly leave the country.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Johannsson is going to be key coming off the bench for the US squad. I'm not terribly confident that they'll emerge from the group, but we'll see. Rooting for them, but my head tells me I'll be rocking the orange for the remainder of the tournament as I usually do.

BarbaraAlphanse

Johannsson is going to be key coming off the bench for the US squad. I'm not terribly confident that they'll emerge from the group, but we'll see. Rooting for them, but my head tells me I'll be rocking the orange for the remainder of the tournament as I usually do.

Zusi is becoming a revelation.

Portugal hasn't looked too dominant in any of their friendlies. Friendlies don't mean much but they're there so that your team can fine tune their engine. Portugal has looked entirely lost. Ronaldo having two serious leg injuries will mean that they're easier to beat, for anyone.

Portugal will likely be received as a team with near home advantage. Brazil speaks Portugese. I'd imagine that they'll receive a very positive reception.

We almost beat Ghana last go around, I think our team this year is better than our team 4 years ago and their team this year is worse than it was 4 years ago. But we are a bad match up against them as our defense is our weak point and their blazing speed could be our downfall.

I think it comes down to USA v. Portugal. Not unthinkable. We could move out of this round if Ronaldo is a non-factor for them.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Zusi is becoming a revelation.

Portugal hasn't looked too dominant in any of their friendlies. Friendlies don't mean much but they're there so that your team can fine tune their engine. Portugal has looked entirely lost. Ronaldo having two serious leg injuries will mean that they're easier to beat, for anyone.

Portugal will likely be received as a team with near home advantage. Brazil speaks Portugese. I'd imagine that they'll receive a very positive reception.

We almost beat Ghana last go around, I think our team this year is better than our team 4 years ago and their team this year is worse than it was 4 years ago. But we are a bad match up against them as our defense is our weak point and their blazing speed could be our downfall.

I think it comes down to USA v. Portugal. Not unthinkable. We could move out of this round if Ronaldo is a non-factor for them.

If I were coaching the USA, I'd basically do the soccer equivalent of beating the hell out of pretty boy Ronaldo. In the past, he's reacted like Crosby when he gets hit. Pissing him off might get Portugal completely off their game. If they concede an early one or two against the US, they could be DONE, considering they play Germany in the first game. US would probably do better with a comfortable German victory in the first game vs. Portugal. Pretty boys don't play all that well under pressure.

Also, it would be great if Croatia shocked the world and beat Brazil. I hate those MFers and would be so classic to see a country already annoyed about the corruption surrounding the Cup, now scared that their team might struggle to get to the knockouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad