2014 Eastern Conference Predictions

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
I think the general lack of play in this thread reflects the lack of enthusiasum for this team. I think most were immediately disappointed in the choice of gm and possibly coach. They were further let down by the ufa choices. That the players so many wanted to see gone all still remain is like final straw.

Personally, I don't know where they stand. I have paid no attention to the league as a whole thisoff season

GM choice and Orpik contract. Those are the enthusiasm destroyers for me.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
TSN has the Caps ranked 22nd in the league in their preseason rankings. Ranked higher in the East: Bruins, Penguins, Habs, Lightning, Rangers, Isles, Devils, Red Wings, Blue Jackets, and Sens. That puts the Caps at 11 in the East. :shakehead

I know it was the Hurricanes, and it was preseason, but no way the Caps that played on Sunday get taken to the cleaners and miss the playoffs by three spots. Yes, the Isles improved, yes the Bruins Lightning and Pens are all good, but seriously, 22nd in the league? They pooed the bed last season and still had a shot to sneak in.

That being said, I love being the underdog, so maybe flying under the radar with a new coach isn't so bad.

Have no problem with the Capitals getting underestimated.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
1. Boston
2. Pittsburgh
3. TB
4. Rangers
5. Philadelphia
6. Montreal
7. Islanders
8. Ottawa
9. Columbus
10. Detroit
11. Washington
12. New Jersey
13. Toronto
14. Florida
15. Carolina
16. Buffalo

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Metro:
1. Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Washington Capitals
3. New York Rangers
4 (WC). New York Islanders
5. Columbus Blue Jackets
6. Philadelphia Flyers
7. New Jersey Devils
8. Carolina Hurricanes

Atlantic:
1. Tampa Bay Lightning
2. Boston Bruins
3. Montreal Canadiens
4 (WC). Detroit Red Wings
5. Toronto Maple Leafs
6. Ottawa Senators
7. Buffalo Sabres
8. Florida Panthers

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
If Florida added McDavid to their stable of young players, watch out league. McDavid-Barkov could be the best center combo in the league one day.

Lots of ifs, but it's fun to think about.

Truth. I'm not scared of their D (or their D prospects), though, at all, even with Ekblad.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
1. Boston
2. Pittsburgh
3. TB
4. Rangers
5. Philadelphia
6. Montreal
7. Islanders
8. Ottawa
9. Columbus
10. Detroit
11. Washington
12. New Jersey
13. Toronto
14. Florida
15. Carolina
16. Buffalo

Curious as to why you're high on the Flyers and Senators. Philly lost it's best defenseman and leader in Timmo to significantly hurt an already mediocre D corps. Mason played out of his mind last year; do you not think he'll regress behind one of the weaker blue lines in the East? Hartnell for Umberger makes them weaker up front, though not significantly. Don't see the Senators finishing higher than 5th in their division.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad