Scouting Report:
http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/04/06/nhl-draft-profile-5-leon-draisaitl/

Last edited by a moderator:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Hope he is a great fit for the team.

Not pleased, I think we passed on the better prospect. But Draisaitl should be a good fit for the organization. Hopefully they don't rush him.

Reactions: OilersSnowFan

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Hope he is a great fit for the team.

Not pleased, I think we passed on the better prospect. But Draisaitl should be a good fit for the organization. Hopefully they don't rush him.
Cool, I don't think we did.

I'm glad we actually have a player who specializes in puck protection and patience in our top six for once. Sam Bennett would be yet another run-and-gun off-the-rush player.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Ecstatic. Great player. Some people knocking him have no basis. He gives us a chance in a beefy division. Really excited to see him with Edmonton. I think it would be wise to bring in Goc,

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
I think that Bennett will be the better individual player, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of Draisaitl being a better player for our team.

If Draisaitl can turn into a Thornton (not quite a Kopitar), that's still a huge, huge addition to our team in the future.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Bennett will make them regret this pick.

Classic size over skill. Again. Not happy.
If you take Bennett, you end up with the most one-dimensional offence you can get. Draisatl's style is a far better fit for this team, and it's not like there's any gap in their talents.

Reactions: oilers'72

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
OHHHHH BAAAAAAABBYYYYY

We got the biggest C in the battle of Alberta and a guy who's basically our version of Joe Thornton.

Amazing pick at the end of the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad