2014 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/19-10/8)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i guess this is the right spot...

Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 3m
Saint John (QMJHL) announces #CBJ have returned prospect D Olivier LeBlanc to the Sea Dogs after the rookie tournament.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I'm confused - Joey's on the training camp roster, but he isn't allowed at training camp without a contract.

Is this all a preview to the surprise of media day coming later??

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 1m
Jarmo: Nathan Horton’s lingering back issues will limit him at start of camp. #CBJ

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Couple more absences and we can start the Connor-Jack debate. :(

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So we might be without Joey and Horton, not just for training camp, but for the start of the season. That's two more jobs available. Makes training camp a little more interesting.

So who gets those jobs? Wennberg and Hjalmarsson have a chance, though I'm pretty wedded to the idea that everyone go through the AHL, at least for a bit, even if you're an SHL star. I think Gibbons and Letestu might be the best guys to move up the lineup into the top-9. Chaput and D'Amigo could fill in on the 4th line, which might be adequate, but also could leave us really feeling the loss of D-Mac.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Pump the brakes on Horton. It says he'll be limited for the start of camp, nothing about the start of the season.

Yeah, but I'd rather him shut it down and heal up than try and play through a lingering injury. We've seen that movie before.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
ugh...didn't catch this part

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 1m
Uhoh Peter Quenneville not in a training camp group #CBJ

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
If I'm Alexander Wennberg, I am liking my chances to make the big club out of training camp.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think the only player safe in their role at camp is Sergei Bobrovsky, which means a few things:

1. Bobrovsky is a great goaltender.
2. We have literally no help for him.
3. Our roster is full of competitive guys who can move up or down in the lineup.

Or, you could take the pessimistic approach and say that our roster is undertalented and we have no clear top line. I like option 3.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think the only player safe in their role at camp is Sergei Bobrovsky, which means a few things:

1. Bobrovsky is a great goaltender.
2. We have literally no help for him.
3. Our roster is full of competitive guys who can move up or down in the lineup.

Or, you could take the pessimistic approach and say that our roster is undertalented and we have no clear top line. I like option 3.

I think its a mix of #3 and the pessimistic statement. I think outside of Joey we have 3 #2 lines.

juno89

May 30, 2013
Has anyone heard if Peter Quenneville, and Julien Pelletier were assigned to the Wheat Kings and Screaming Eagles respectively? I noticed they were not on the camp list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad