2014 Camp Thread - Part I | "If you can take Adams' job, we'll give it to you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
BB definitely plays with an edge and is usually one of the Pens most physical fwds.

He won't cross the line and get under guys skin like Downie though.

Yeah, wrong choice of words. I've been pleasantly surprised by Beau's physical side, he seems to really enjoy initiating contact. When he was drafted I heard "skilled roller hockey guy" and was expecting Miro Satan but that's not the case at all.

What I meant is for times when things are getting chippy, such as after the whistle scrums when guys are getting facewashed and crosschecked - Sutter and Bennett will need Downie at those times. We're on the same page here...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Whew, what a stinker of a roster for tonight's game. I'll check out Matt Murray, and......yeah. Oh well, it's hockey.

Archibald is playing.

BB is playing.

Hornqvist and Spalling.

Zlobin.

Sundqvist.

Dea.

McNeill is a guy I like.

Enough names to keep me interested.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
**** Dan Bylsma. to think there were users in here calling the Pens classless for not firing him when they fired Shero.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yeah, wrong choice of words. I've been pleasantly surprised by Beau's physical side, he seems to really enjoy initiating contact. When he was drafted I heard "skilled roller hockey guy" and was expecting Miro Satan but that's not the case at all.

What I meant is for times when things are getting chippy, such as after the whistle scrums when guys are getting facewashed and crosschecked - Sutter and Bennett will need Downie at those times. We're on the same page here...

Ya, BB will get you between whistles. Downie will get you after whistles.

Basically sums things up nicely.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I didn't see/missed Bennett on the list. Zlobin and Sundqvist do interest me now that you mention it.

Zlobin is kind of a goofy looking goof type spazz. So prepare yourself for that, but his instincts around the net are top notch. He just has that something you can't teach. He won't wow you, but over time you appreciate what he does ala Talbot.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Hornqvist on the 2nd PP unit practicing. If they seriously don't use him with Sid/Geno.......

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
**** Dan Bylsma. to think there were users in here calling the Pens classless for not firing him when they fired Shero.

Seriously, everything that's come out and what I saw him do in general, he deserved it.

That's good news.

Yeah, hopefully he doesn't not skate again after this one. Now for the bad.

Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
Mike Johnston said Crosby skates this morning with "the injured guys." But not Malkin or Kunitz.
https://twitter.com/Mackey_Trib/status/514071145889677312

So Malkin is still out with his mystery ailment and I'm getting increasingly paranoid. Kunitz got injured at some point and still is, I'll just blame the CEC ice for him.

The preseason hasn't even started and half of the top 6 is out with Sid maybe getting back soon. Then there's Dupuis, Maatta, Pouliot and whoever else. :shakehead

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm just hoping that martin ehrhoff together is either temporary or it means maatta with letang when he's healthy.

I really do want Letang to get used to being out against top opposition, but it would be nice in the short term to have him against secondary opponents.

Also, Bennett's quotes have been Beauneriffic

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I agree but if you asked me if I'd sacrifice 5 years for that one cup... i'd do it every single time. :laugh:

sure, but seeing as he won the Cup in 2009, showed signs of struggles in 2010, and put away all doubts of his inability to coach this team in 2012, its really disappointing that this is finally happening in 2014. It should have been 3 years, not 5.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
sure, but seeing as he won the Cup in 2009, showed signs of struggles in 2010, and put away all doubts of his inability to coach this team in 2012, its really disappointing that this is finally happening in 2014. It should have been 3 years, not 5.

perfectly put.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Bennett had enough icetime to get a death stare at least. Many's the night Despres woke and longed for the chance to feel a Bylsma stare.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib · Sep 19
Mike Johnston said he was "kind of surprised" that Crosby skated. Found out about 30 minutes before practice, he says. #TribHKY

Wes Crosby ‏@OtherNHLCrosby · Sep 20
Johnston says he found out right before practice that Crosby wouldn't skate. Says it was a precautionary thing. #Pens

Wes Crosby ‏@OtherNHLCrosby · 1h
Johnston said Crosby skated on his own this morning. Isn't sure how it went. #Pens

Is it just me or does Johnston appear not to know what is happening with Crosby at any given point?

penguins2946*

Is it just me or does Johnston appear not to know what is happening with Crosby at any given point?

He has a full team to worry about, not just 1 player. This is an adjustment period for everyone, there are a ton of new players in a new system. He needs to be focused on getting the healthy players up to speed, not to be worried about what Crosby is doing while he's rehabbing.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Think that's just a Peter Falk routine. If you pretend not to know what's going on, nobody can ask you about it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

You know my opinion. I wanted him out. Ray's biggest flaw in his career is not stirring the pot after the Flyers series. The fact he let that go basically created a culture that it was okay to have those embarrassing moments in the organization. I would have made a statement by taking away the player's coach due to the embarrassing loss to Philly.

The fact we OWNED Philly in the playoffs before that taking us to two Cup finals was completely negated with one embarrassing first round exit. But I digress. Everyone on this forum knows my disdain for DB as soon as he switched away from 3 on 3 down low man coverage in the d-zone. :laugh:

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA

Very interesting. Any transation for the second article or is it more of the same?

Q: Could you continue in Pittsburgh?

A: No. My agent talked to the management, and I won’t be back. When the coach does not want Sykora, nothing can be done.

Q: Could you say what happened between you and coach Bylsma that got you scratched?

A: It’s never a good thing when you are coached by a former teammate. On top of that, he used to be a player who drifted around as a fourth-liner. I was younger than him, played on the top line, scored goals, was the little star. Now the roles got reversed, and from the first moment I had a feeling that he let me ‘eat it.’ I honestly say that I have not had liked him even as a teammate. Which does not happen to me often…

What a bunch of know-nothing keyboard warriors we all were....;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad