2014 Camp Thread - Part I | "If you can take Adams' job, we'll give it to you."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Not using PH on the top unit is indefensible. That **** better not come to pass.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Seems like we should back away from the ledge some with KCD. First, it's pre-season, and when Johnson talked about how nobody should read much about line-up decisions in pre-season, I'm assuming 50% of that is KCD judging by how savvy they've been in addressing dissatisfied fans (read: us) this summer. Second, who the hell can go there right now? Downie, Spaling, and Bennet aren't ready for the first line. And, Bennet's never looked great with Crosby -- could be a system thing, who knows. But if Pappy Rutherford is "aggressively" looking for a Top 6 option, then Dupuis is probably a fine place-holder for awhile.

Plus, if KCD sticks together all season, and struggles like last season, and Duper looks terrible, and we don't get a Top 6 by the trade deadline, then we can all make snarky avatars early and ironically enjoy the playoffs as if Bylsma never left, without ever getting our hopes up. Think of all the old people jokes we can make!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I won't worry until KCD doesn't look good under MJ's systems and it doesn't get changed up. They may very well look spectacular again but theres still a guy coming off a major injury. I know DB loved giving recently injured guys big minutes but will MJ and Tocchet? I'll wait and see.

It's so early to worry about that. Pre trade deadline and without playing 1 game that means anything.

Horns not playing on PP1 IS weird to me but Kunitz isn't exactly a liability there either.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Seems like we should back away from the ledge some with KCD. First, it's pre-season, and when Johnson talked about how nobody should read much about line-up decisions in pre-season, I'm assuming 50% of that is KCD judging by how savvy they've been in addressing dissatisfied fans (read: us) this summer. Second, who the hell can go there right now? Downie, Spaling, and Bennet aren't ready for the first line. And, Bennet's never looked great with Crosby -- could be a system thing, who knows. But if Pappy Rutherford is "aggressively" looking for a Top 6 option, then Dupuis is probably a fine place-holder for awhile.

Plus, if KCD sticks together all season, and struggles like last season, and Duper looks terrible, and we don't get a Top 6 by the trade deadline, then we can all make snarky avatars early and ironically enjoy the playoffs as if Bylsma never left, without ever getting our hopes up. Think of all the old people jokes we can make!

That's the crux of the issue. If Hornqvist isn't going in that spot, Dupuis is the least-illogical player who can be put there, even with his knee. Until we've got a better player for that spot--and if Hornqvist is married to Malkin, we don't--complaining about it is pointless. Downie doesn't have any less question marks with him than 9 does and nobody knows a thing about Spaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad