2014 Brandon Bochenski Trophy - Nominees

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Alright it's that time of year:
Please nominate your choices for the Brandon Bochenski Trophy... polling will close 3pm on Oct 9, at which point the top 3 finalists will then be voted on.

Remember the original intent was as follows:
This trophy is awarded to the player whose played with a level of excellence above that of his teammates during the preseason alone as a member of the Ottawa Senators.

The Trophy
bochenski.png

Past winners:
2005 - Brandon Bochenski
--
2008 - Chris Neil
2009 - Mike Fisher
2010 - Nick Foligno
2011 - Zack Smith
2012 - Lockout/No pre-season
2013 - Da Bossta
2014 - ????

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
The Hoff has just started to figure out how to use his speed and hands effectively at this level and it paid dividends in the preseason but he'll need to refine his game on the defensive end and keep up that level of play to warrant an increased or guaranteed role.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Was almost Robinson, but the past few days put Hoffman over the edge.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I put Boro up there because I liked his game - and the fact that he managed to get a 9M player to throw some bare knuckles at his helmet. That's gotta be worth something right?

Karlsson2Turris*

Lol why are Greening and Dizzy there? Also I would vote for Ryan if he was there, but since it looks like only young-ish players are being considered I'll vote Puempel.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Lol why are Greening and Dizzy there? Also I would vote for Ryan if he was there, but since it looks like only young-ish players are being considered I'll vote Puempel.

I just added names off the top of my head... that's why there's an 'other' option in case I forgot someone :)
Dizzy is there because he at least generated talk here outside of the games.

I mean I could have put all 50 names from camp really but got lazy :laugh:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
The Brandon Bochenski trophy is awarded to the player who turns out to be a preseason fluke, regardless of your definition. I don't think there's anyone who fits this profile.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
The Brandon Bochenski trophy is awarded to the player who turns out to be a preseason fluke, regardless of your definition. I don't think there's anyone who fits this profile.

Well thats it-no one knew he was going to be a fluke at the time-he was actually pretty good for his first few regular season games too.

So this is for pre season excellence and then we wait to see what happens.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
That was 2011 I think - but Smith narrowly edged out Cowen with Neil a distant third.

I found the 2013 nomination thread but there was no vote. Someone was asleep at the switch. Finalists were buddy, da costa and conacher...

I think da costa wins by default

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad