2014/2015 Roster Discussion

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
For those of us that love to play armchair GM, let's have a 14/15 roster discussion. I want to set a few rules:

1 - While the cap is going to go up, I want to to create a roster based on THIS YEARS current salary cap. What do they say about assuming? That it makes an ass outa you and me!

2 - Give your fair contract estimates ($ amount and term) to players that are current FAs and ones who will be next year.

3 - Try to make people play either there natural position, or a position that they've played in the past (i.e. Richards LW? OK... Lewis LW? NO). Try to keep 1 LD and 1 RD for each pairing.

4 - If you want to do them w/ trades, go ahead, but show your work.

My proposed 14/15 roster:

Pearson - Kopitar - Williams
Richards - Carter - Toffoli
Clifford - Stoll - Brown
Andreoff - Lewis - Vey

xKing, Nolan

Ellerby - Doughty
Regehr - Voynov
Muzzin - Greene

xDeslauries

Quick
xJones

FAs to sign

Brown - $5.25 x 6 years
Clifford - $900k x 2 years
Andreoff - $750k x 2 years
Lewis - $900k x 2 years
Vey - $850k x 2 years
Nolan - $775k x 2 years
King - $825k x 2 years
Ellerby - $787.5k x 2 years
Muzzin - $800k x 2 years
Greene - 3.325 x 4 years
Deslauries - 750k x 2 years
Jones - 700k x 2 years

TOTAL = $61,346,894

I've probably left a hole for a trade of Bernier + Martinez, but didn't replace them with anyone... strike one for me!

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Lewis played LW this year and looked very good doing so. Did you miss those games...?

And it's really impossible to predict that far in the future until after the draft and Bernier/Holloway situations are dealt with as those are two huge factors that really change a lot of what holes are filled going forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad