2014-2015 Rookie Tournament and Training Camp Info

RaiderDoug

Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Just wanted to chime in here and say "thanks" for all the updates from everyone that's been going. As you can imagine, there's not much hockey talk to be had in Knoxville this time of year.

I don't think i've ever been as excited about a Preds prospect group as I have been with the Forsberg/Fiala group. Forsberg may start out with the Ads, but I think he'll be up here quick and be here to stay. We have a glut of forwards, but those always seem to work themselves out - some guys get hurt, some just don't produce, etc.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
I know people on here think I just gratuitously defend Clune because we have some history, but honestly, he brings something to the team that no one else has (I mean, Triston Grant? Really?) --- there's a level of character and leadership, and some underlying skill that the fans are either oblivious to, or just want to skate 12 Forsbergs and 6 Webers all the time thinking that's the winning combination.

Roy will be interesting. I'm not sold, but plenty of the players are. I hope he and Ribiero pan out. Jokinen, I remain wildly skeptical on, but I think that has to do with the fact that early in his career he was billed as a superstar-in-the-making, and save for a couple of seasons has always been a disappointment.

All that being said, it would be hard to imagine any of the vets being supplanted within the first 15-20 games of the season, based on experience, salary, and Laviolette needing to get off to a solid start. Hell, three and out last year ;)

I know that a lot of fans and posters on here think that Clune is taking up a much needed spot or is just a waste, i don't think the team or the coaching staff feels that way at all. I have heard his name mentioned in almost every press conference or Q&A session that there has been with Laviolette and teammates talking about the new system and the style of play we will see this year. I don't think he is going anywhere.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Preds add a couple guys to the Training Camp roster

Forwards
# | NAME | HEIGHT | WEIGHT | SHOOTS | PLACE OF BIRTH | BIRTHDATE | 2012-2013 TEAM
78 | Jon Puskar+ |5-11 | 190 | L | Canton, Mich. | 5/14/89 | American International (AHA)/Florida (ECHL)
77 | Mathew Campagna+ | 5-11 | 181 | L | Mississauga, Ont. | 3/9/94 | Sudbury (OHL)

Defense
# | NAME | HEIGHT | WEIGHT | SHOOTS | PLACE OF BIRTH | BIRTHDATE | 2012-2013 TEAM
50 | Brian Lee+ | 6-3 | 200 | R | Moorhead, Minn. | 3/26/87 | Tampa Bay (NHL)
80 | Mike Little+ | 5-9 | 185 | R | Enfield, Conn. | 11/12/87 | Florida (ECHL)/Norfolk (AHL)

Updated Roster

Sixty-one players will attend 2014 Training Camp – 46 players under contract with Nashville, six on American Hockey League contracts with Milwaukee, five on tryout agreements and four unsigned draft picks. Thirty-six are forwards, 19 are defensemen and six are goaltenders.

Training Camp opens with physicals and a team meeting today at Bridgestone Arena, with the team’s first day on the ice coming tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 19 at 8:45 a.m. at Centennial Sportsplex. A updated training camp roster is attached.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Two right shooting d-men... it's something. I know Brian Lee was a high pick, but don't know much about Little. I count at least 5 lefties that I expect to play in MIL next season. This organization really needs some guys who play their off hand or some promising righties.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I like the Lee invite. Has the talent, but never really developed as expected in Ottawa and is coming off two ACL surgeries. If he's finally healthy, he could be very viable playing sheltered minutes on the bottom pairing.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It sure looks a message to Ellis "we are prepared to move on without you"

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
This is pure speculation.
Henderson was loaned late last season. He may be on the edge of a trade or a cut. He was a good AHL player, but looked slow last year. I believe he had knee trouble.

The loan is completely irrelevant to his contract/camp status. I'm curious to know where he is as well, but I'd put more stock in the possible knee issue as the reason.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It sure looks a message to Ellis "we are prepared to move on without you"

I would HOPE that would be a message for everyone on the team. Back when I worked at a pencil company in HS, our foreman told our group in a meeting that everyone is expendable, kind of as an aside really. Good thing to know at age 18 when you think you're the be all and end all!

From an employer standpoint, while we respect the talent and contributions of every employee we have, if they should choose to move on we will miss them, but we WILL find another one.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I would HOPE that would be a message for everyone on the team. Back when I worked at a pencil company in HS, our foreman told our group in a meeting that everyone is expendable, kind of as an aside really. Good thing to know at age 18 when you think you're the be all and end all!

From an employer standpoint, while we respect the talent and contributions of every employee we have, if they should choose to move on we will miss them, but we WILL find another one.
Agreed. I like Ellis, but to bring in players to send him a message really inflates his importance to the team, IMO. These invites were to promote competition in general. Lot of forwards in camp, lot of defensemen...if you want a spot, earn it or there's someone else ready to take it. I really like the potential of that dynamic, coupled with the new coach/system.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Ellis needs to be signed, we have a very talented defensive corps but we don't have depth beyond that.

As of right now, Diaby is our number 7. I like the kid but he's not ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad