Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part II* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 1/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
What are your expectations on Tambellini??
He's having a great season, and was a clear target of the organization, as they selected him before Buchnevich and Duclair. Has interesting size and can play center, do you see NHL potential in him? He could be another great addition for the roster in the next years.

He is now third in the WHL in goals (29), tied for fourth in plus/minus rating (plus-27), tied for fifth in game-winning goals (five), and tied for 14th in points (52) this season.

It's hard to tell given his over-ager status. We're going to have to wait and see what happens when he turns pro.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
What are your expectations on Tambellini??
He's having a great season, and was a clear target of the organization, as they selected him before Buchnevich and Duclair. Has interesting size and can play center, do you see NHL potential in him? He could be another great addition for the roster in the next years.

He is now third in the WHL in goals (29), tied for fourth in plus/minus rating (plus-27), tied for fifth in game-winning goals (five), and tied for 14th in points (52) this season.

Since he's 20, I'm pretty sure Tambellini is in his last eligible year for Canadian juniors. While his numbers are good, it's not uncommon for a 20-yr old to put up those kinds of numbers. I think we'll have to wait until training camp and presumably his first AHL season to see how ready he is or if he has an NHL future.

edit:
It's hard to tell given his over-ager status. We're going to have to wait and see what happens when he turns pro.

You read my mind good sir. ;)

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Again, it's not the stat line that tells the story with Tambellini (same for most prospects). It's how he's putting up the numbers that is the important piece to look at. Last year 65% (11 of 17) of his goals came on the PP. This year only 10% (3 of 29) have come on the PP. He's playing better away from the puck. He's getting to the dirty areas of the ice. He's stronger and is processing the game faster. These are all really good signs that he's coming along as a prospect.

Some kids simply can't improve their all around game while taking a giant leap forward offensively. So while his numbers aren't earth shattering, he's definitely improving. He should be a viable top-9 center option in the AHL next season, and as a kid who was drafted as a big project, he's pretty much on track so far. I'm not saying he's a #1C in the making, but I don't see any major red flags in his development thus far, and that's about all you can realistically hope for from a 3rd round pick. If he wasn't the kid taken ahead of Duclair and Buchnevich, I think people would be cutting him more slack.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
On Saturday at 4 pm, the Remparts are playing in the first QMJHL Winter Classic against Shawinigan. It will be on TV so there will be free links available probably.

B74bTglCQAEIH9A.jpg

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
On Saturday at 4 pm, the Remparts are playing in the first QMJHL Winter Classic against Shawinigan. It will be on TV so there will be free links available probably.

B74bTglCQAEIH9A.jpg

Awesome, will definitely catch the game.

Who is that on Duc's right? He has Graves' baby face but he looks awfully short.

BarbaraAlphanse

From what I've read, Duke isn't doing too well down in Quebec, right? Are am I misled?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Our 2013 draft is looking pretty darn good.

Tambellini, Buchnevich and Duclair in the 3rd round
Graves in the 4th round
Skapski in the 6th round

Duclair has already shown that he can play in the NHL. He just needs to get stronger. Buchnevich should be ready next year or shortly after with a little time in the AHL to adjust to the smaller ice.

Graves and Tambellini will both be in the AHL next year. Skapski is already there and playing well. If those 3 continue to progress, we could have 5 NHLers out of 5 picks.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
From what I've read, Duke isn't doing too well down in Quebec, right? Are am I misled?

He isn't. The team isn't doing too well these days. They were doing better without him actually.

He has to work harder. He tends to just watch the puck when he doesn't have it and tries to dangle aroung players too much. Probably that in his mind, it was going to be easy.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess

Graves in the 4th round
Skapski in the 6th round

Duclair has already shown that he can play in the NHL. He just needs to get stronger. Buchnevich should be ready next year or shortly after with a little time in the AHL to adjust to the smaller ice.

Graves and Tambellini will both be in the AHL next year. Skapski is already there and playing well. If those 3 continue to progress, we could have 5 NHLers out of 5 picks.

I am going to spill some milk with this comment: Could you imagine what this draft would have looked like with the first 2 picks, assuming of course they wouldn't totally whiff on them.

BarbaraAlphanse

He isn't. The team isn't doing too well these days. They were doing better without him actually.

He has to work harder. He tends to just watch the puck when he doesn't have it and tries to dangle aroung players too much. Probably that in his mind, it was going to be easy.

That was oddly enough what he had to work on here. His play away from the puck. Not floating. Not watching. Being assertive.

That's not good to hear.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I am going to spill some milk with this comment: Could you imagine what this draft would have looked like with the first 2 picks, assuming of course they wouldn't totally whiff on them.

With your first pick Columbus took Kerby Rychel. Taken just after: Anthony Mantha and André Burakovsky

With your second pick, San Jose took Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau. Duclair, Buch and Graves are better picks. Paquin-Boudreau had a good year with a strong Baie-Comeau team before his draft. Some interesting names taken after though.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Graves in the 4th round
Skapski in the 6th round

Every player from that draft will get an ELC, and I bet each of them will play at least a game in the NHL.

Has anyone done more with less in a draft like the Rangers did in 2013? Man, only one has played in the NHL but SO impressive none the less.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That was oddly enough what he had to work on here. His play away from the puck. Not floating. Not watching. Being assertive.

That's not good to hear.

I think it's just a matter of adjusting to his teammates and to playing in the Q again. It has only been 5 games.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
With your first pick Columbus took Kerby Rychel. Taken just after: Anthony Mantha and André Burakovsky

With your second pick, San Jose took Gabryel Paquin-Boudreau. Duclair, Buch and Graves are better picks. Paquin-Boudreau had a good year with a strong Baie-Comeau team before his draft. Some interesting names taken after though.

That third round was crazy. Buchnevich, Duclair, Bjorkstrand, JI Diaby, Cassels, Andrighetto, Hayden, Yakimov, Lipon all selected there. They all have impact player potential too.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

That's not good to hear.

What's odd is that he's been good on the PK for the past two years. Even this season, his best shifts have been on the PK. He's agressive and he's following the puck really well. Something that he doesn't repeat when it's ES. At least, he shows he can do it, he just needs to do it all the time.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
That third round was crazy. Buchnevich, Duclair, Bjorkstrand, JI Diaby, Cassels, Andrighetto, Hayden, Yakimov, Lipon all selected there. They all have impact player potential too.

Bjorkstrand is very interesting. Looked good alongside Ehlers at the WJC.

Still can't believe my Habs took Connor Crisp when all those names were still available. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad