2014-2015 Odds to Win the Stanley Cup

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Current odds for wining the cup this season.

STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS 6 LOS ANGELES KINGS 8.3 BOSTON BRUINS 8.4 PITTSBURGH PENGUINS 8.8 SAINT LOUIS BLUES 9.5 ANAHEIM DUCKS 12 SAN JOSE SHARKS 13.5 COLORADO AVALANCHE 15 MONTREAL CANADIENS 17.5 NEW YORK RANGERS 19 TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING 19 PHILADELPHIA FLYERS 21.6 MINNESOTA WILD 22.8 DETROIT RED WINGS 24.6 DALLAS STARS 25 VANCOUVER CANUCKS 29 COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS 36.1 ARIZONA COYOTES 48 NASHVILLE PREDATORS 55 TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS 55 WASHINGTON CAPITALS 55 EDMONTON OILERS 72 NEW JERSEY DEVILS 72 OTTAWA SENATOR 85 NEW YORK ISLANDERS 100 WINNIPEG JETS 100 CAROLINA HURRICANES 115 CALGARY FLAMES 130 FLORIDA PANTHERS 130 BUFFALO SABRES 165

Thoughts? Most Underrated / Overrated? What strikes you as being horribly wrong?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow we have a better chance the Islanders? Really?

And how the hell aren't the Winnipeg Jets higher? Better hope those pompous Jets fans don't riot because of those low odds.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Blues, Ducks, and Islanders underrated.

Flyers, Canucks, Oilers, and Sabres overrated. Might as well give Buffalo 10x it as they are playing for McDavid.

Maybe we should be 55 instead of 72, but that is about it.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL how exactly are the Islanders underrated? People have been calling them underrated for years now. How's that been working out?:laugh::shakehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blue Jackets and Coyotes are really overrated, Coyotes especially. I think the Oilers are overrated too. They'll be worse than Winnipeg. Bottom 5 again for them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't see how St Louis and Anaheim are underrated either. They're right where they should be IMO.

St Louis is a notorious choker in the playoffs. Anaheim has Santa Claus behind the bench, who has made a career out of being a repeat offender when it comes to choking in the playoffs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I think the Rangers below Montreal is an insult lol

But yeah I'd say Pittsburgh for the overrated and Dallas for under. I don't think the odds are too goofy though. Vancouver and Arizona are a bit high.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Pittsburg is way over rated. Detroit and Philly are to high as well. So are the Rags.

Honestly I think the Rangers below Montreal is an insult lol

But yeah I'd say Pittsburgh for the overrated and Dallas for under. I don't think the odds are too goofy though. Vancouver and Arizona are a bit high.

New York based teams often initially have their odds pushed unreasonably high (to win), just because their population is so large. They get a lot of $ coming in on them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
New York based teams often initially have their odds pushed unreasonably high (to win), just because their population is so large. They get a lot of $ coming in on them.

I don't see that in the Rangers' case though, they're rated fourth among the Eastern teams. Behind division winners Pittsburgh and Boston is one thing but behind a Montreal team they just beat in the Conference Finals who wasn't exactly any better than them in the regular season? And they have the same odds as Tampa, who's proven nothing either.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I haven't been a believer in Montreal since even before their sweep of TB. I can see them easily missing the playoffs this year. I was one of the few people here who predicted an SCF berth for the Rangers after Montreal beat Boston. That team is meh, they're rated way too high.

Colorado is also rated way too high. Whoever put Vancouver that high was pretty high themselves. If they hadn't had that fire sale, I could have easily seen them making the playoffs. After some of those moves in June, I think they're destined to pick up right where they left off to end last season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hell all the east teams are to high if you were to do a proper ranking. Only reason they should have good odds is because someone has to win the east.

Boston I think took a step back and Pitt is the same team that can't get it done come playoff time. The "they have Crosby and always have a chance" crap is getting old.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
This is hardly a power ranking system. These numbers follow the money. The odds will drop for a team if more people start betting on them and vice versa.

I mean, Toronto at 55-1 is way too low of odds, but they're so popular, their fans will bet on them and then the odds stay low.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
VANCOUVER , COLUMBUS, ARIZONA, NASHVILLE, TORONTO and WASHINGTON have better odds than us ??? We have the same odds as the Oilers ? Really ? And I thought the Devs were a good play a few weeks ago when they were 50-1.

And no way should the Pens and Sharks be as high as they are.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
which is 93% the same as last year's roster.

Added:
Jerry D'Amigo
Scott Hartnell

If Scott Hartnell is supposed to push them over the top... then ok. You bet on them, I won't.

You made a statement about the team's general history, which I don't think is particularly relevant.

They made the playoffs last season. They have a solid roster and a lot of young guys (Johansen, Jenner, Atkinson, Murray) who can progress further.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
You made a statement about the team's general history, which I don't think is particularly relevant.

They made the playoffs last season. They have a solid roster and a lot of young guys (Johansen, Jenner, Atkinson, Murray) who can progress further.

50% of the time they made it to the playoffs was last year alone. That is exactly what I was commenting on and is relevant to their current roster.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still think the Blue Jackets are overrated. Not sure I'm a believer in them yet.

If we didn't **** the bed so badly in our season series with them last year, maybe we make the playoffs instead of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad