2014-2015 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
The bar has been set, anyone short of acquiring a veteran d-man like Garrison through trade/signing and it's a failed offseason, hopefully we get someone better than Jason.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
The bar has been set, anyone short of acquiring a veteran d-man like Garrison through trade/signing and it's a failed offseason, hopefully we get someone better than Jason.

Better isn't hard to beat. Maybe he rebounds if he heals up but he just couldn't move last year.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
for the price of the trade i think garrison was a steal. i guess dale felt that with ekblad and the core he didn't want to commit to garrison. i think tampa got a steal. tampa is looking very scary and shrewd!! i love their moves!

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
for the price of the trade i think garrison was a steal. i guess dale felt that with ekblad and the core he didn't want to commit to garrison. i think tampa got a steal. tampa is looking very scary and shrewd!! i love their moves!

I'd much rather have Ekblad right now than Garrison. His play is very different than it was when he left here. If we knew we were going to be in the playoffs this year, maybe, but Tampa makes more sense than us.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I'd much rather have Ekblad right now than Garrison. His play is very different than it was when he left here. If we knew we were going to be in the playoffs this year, maybe, but Tampa makes more sense than us.

Not to mention Garrison seems to hurt his groin a lot it probably cost us the NJ series.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
garrison in addition to ekblad would have really helped solidify our back end for years, but tallon said no. oh well. btw. i feel kulikov was a major reason we lost the n.j. series. just my opinion.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Tampa's gonna be pretty good next year, not to mention it'll be a shooting gallery coming from Garrison and Stamkos one timing missiles all over the ice. Drouin there too.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

He went for a 2nd rounder, I agree with Harv.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
From what I understand, the Canucks had Garrison on the table, which meant he must have agreed to come here. But Dale turned them down.
Like mentioned earlier already, Garrison was probably the "roster player" in the reported 6th + Shinkaruk + roster player offer.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
I don't mind losing out on Garrison if we end up with someone equal to or (hopefully) better, but if it's a less quality guy, then it's really disappointing for what Tampa gave up. He's already played with Campbell, Luongo and a few others, guess we'll wait and see before judging.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Dunno, they said last night the best deal offered was the 6th, 24th, and some prospect.
That was after Garrison got traded, I think.

IIRC the 6th + Shinkaruk + roster player popped up already last week, or early this week.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Dunno, they said last night the best deal offered was the 6th, 24th, and some prospect.

That was after Garrison got traded, I think.

IIRC the 6th + Shinkaruk + roster player popped up already last week, or early this week.

They reported it during the draft last night, that the offer from the Canucks was Shinkaruk, and their two first rounders.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
They reported it during the draft last night, that the offer from the Canucks was Shinkaruk, and their two first rounders.
Yeah, the last offer.

It's hard to include a player anymore in an offer if he's been traded to another team, that's why the offer changed.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014

Dale said himself that Garrison was offered by the Canucks. That means he would have been willing to come here. They wouldn't just throw Garrison in there without asking. They can't. Dale refused their offer, and rightly so.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
@imacVanSun: FLA GM Dale Tallon said Canucks were "first team to make a serious offer" for No. 1 pick. Garrison was part of offer.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
See:

Thank you for this.

See what? That is a tweet of an offer that supposedly Tallon said was available, yet when he was asked about the Vancouver deal on live TV, he wasnt specific at all. Did "Dale himself" say that an offer was made by the Canucks, and that Garrision was involved? I have yet to hear it come from Dale HIMSELF. Rarely do you see GMs just flat out say who or what was offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad