Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'll save my judgement for MSL until he's back on RW full-time. Dude has been an absolute trooper for us playing anywhere the coaches ask him to.

One goal, but 6 points. Not good enough, but he'll get it going again when he's back at RW. He's still creating good stuff out there.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
No not much if at all. But it's not like Carolina has anyone beyond him and Faulk who is right handed so it's never been needed. He might have in Buffalo though.

Yeah I didn't think so. I'd still want him but it could be interesting to see where he would fit since like you said he'd be a waste on the 3rd pair.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
If AV wanted to sign Glass instead of give the money to Stralman, then he's a moron.

I don't think Stralsy was coming back because apparently his wife hated NY? (is that a thing or did I just read that here and internalize it? IDK.) Either way, not resigning Stralman and going for Boyle/Glass was clearly a mistake.

I never saw anything about hating New York. However the Strålman family wanted a no trade clause because they didn't want to have to move for the length of the contract (there are four kids involved). Sather was never going to offer that--Tampa Bay did. I don't think Strålman is a flash in the pan--and better than Klein-- but I understand why the Rangers decided not to re-sign him.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I never saw anything about hating New York. However the Strålman family wanted a no trade clause because they didn't want to have to move for the length of the contract (there are four kids involved). Sather was never going to offer that--Tampa Bay did. I don't think Strålman is a flash in the pan--and better than Klein-- but I understand why the Rangers decided not to re-sign him.

Yup! His wife would have been a total pain in the bee-hive in the locker room.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

I believe he's getting Boyles situation mixed up with Stralman. Boyle would have liked to stay but apparently his wife wanted Tampa so it was an easy decision once the Rangers didn't offer him anything. Stralman on the other hand wanted to be here.

I get why the Rangers let Stralman go and signed Boyle, I just don't agree with it. More than I can say about the Glass signing which makes no sense and has no justification.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
McIlrath, Kristo and a conditional 4th (turns into 3rd if Sekera re-signs) for Sekera and Nash? is that too one sided? Would not be incredibly opposed to throwing Miller in to sweeten this if needed.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
McIlrath, Kristo and a conditional 4th (turns into 3rd if Sekera re-signs) for Sekera and Nash? is that too one sided? Would not be incredibly opposed to throwing Miller in to sweeten this if needed.

I have to wonder, if you think McIlrath is literally the worst player ever, why would he even come close to netting someone like Sekera, rental or not?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Trade One
Kostka, Kristo and Buchnevich to Carolina for Sekera
Carolina would need to retain a caphit of 1 M (salary is 1,75 M but caphit is 2,75 M) to make it work until the deadline

Trade Two (deadline)
JT Miller; one of Dylan Macilraith, Ryan Haggerty or Jesper Fast; Tampa Bay 2nd 2015; New York Rangers 1st 2016 to Arizona for Antoine Vermette, BJ Crombeen, Henrik Samuelsson and Coyotes 2nd rounder in 2016. Arizona retains what is necessary to fit roster players on NYR under the cap.

Watch Sather do something like this...
He wants Cup now and realizes he will not be around when picks and prospects develop ( or somebody perhaps yells it in his ear)

SupersonicMonkey*

NO to trading Buchnevich.

Rangers need to pull a deal, but there need to be guys labeled untouchable.

Duclair
Hayes
Skjei
Buchnevich
Halverson

Those guys, IMO, should be off limits.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

The Rangers MAY be able to acquire Sekera's jock strap with that package

SupersonicMonkey*

to NYR
Andrej Sekera LHD

to CAR
J.T. Miller F
John Moore LHD
Danny Kristo RW
Marek Hrivik W

---

to NYR
Antoine Vermette C

to ARI
Oscar Lindberg C
Jesper Fast W
Conor Allen LHD
Tanner Glass W

Peripheral parts for the Wolfpack added from CAR and ARI.

Something like that.

Healthy roster:

Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - St. Louis
Hagelin - Vermette - Duclair
Mueller - Moore - Stempniak
Malone

McDonagh - Klein
Staal - Girardi
Sekera - Boyle
Hunwick

Lundqvist
Talbot

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
to NYR
Andrej Sekera LHD

to CAR
J.T. Miller F
John Moore LHD
Danny Kristo RW
Marek Hrivik W

---

to NYR
Antoine Vermette C

to ARI
Oscar Lindberg C
Jesper Fast W
Conor Allen LHD
Tanner Glass W

Something like that.

Healthy roster:

Malone

McDonagh - Klein
Staal - Girardi
Sekera - Boyle
Hunwick

Lundqvist
Talbot

Sekera > Staal.

SupersonicMonkey*

Sekera > Staal.

Yes.

But i don't really care because i would evenly distribute the minutes and keep everyone fresh for the playoffs.

Thats the point.

At even strength, roll 4 forward lines. Roll 3 defense pairs.

Special teams, certain guys get more minutes.

I'm not labeling pairs or lines. I just see a group of guys that can all play.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
to NYR
Andrej Sekera LHD

to CAR
J.T. Miller F
John Moore LHD
Danny Kristo RW
Marek Hrivik W

---

to NYR
Antoine Vermette C

to ARI
Oscar Lindberg C
Jesper Fast W
Conor Allen LHD
Tanner Glass W

Peripheral parts for the Wolfpack added from CAR and ARI.

Something like that.

Healthy roster:

Malone

McDonagh - Klein
Staal - Girardi
Sekera - Boyle
Hunwick

Lundqvist
Talbot
I am not a fan of either Miller or Fast but you managed to completely anhilliate our prospect depth with those trades.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So our entire prospect pool for two soon-to-be UFA. I think something a tad more reasonable can be worked out.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
The rental market was so cheap last year, don't really agree with the league's GMs on that one but if it holds true Vermette won't fetch half that stuff.

I don't think the Canes selling Sekera this early (especially for Rangers Goop at the prevailing low value for rental players) is doing the right thing by their fans. They're a bad team but they've had injuries too and that's such a white flag.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Minnesota just sent Falk down to the A yesterday.

Familiar with the team and system, played right and left here as far as I remember. Shoot them a 5th or C-Level prospect for him to get a body in.

Last edited:

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph

How about Miller, Kristo and the conditional draft for just Sekera? We have a young Hayes we value at centre, and potential snipers in Buch and Haggerty that I'd like to retain. If someone is upset at losing J.T. that means he has some value for Carolina.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
How about Miller, Kristo and the conditional draft for just Sekera? We have a young Hayes we value at centre, and potential snipers in Buch and Haggerty that I'd like to retain. If someone is upset at losing J.T. that means he has some value for Carolina.

I'd rather build something around JMoore. It'll give them a young, cost-controlled defenseman to help with their slight rebuild, and we get a more offensive-minded dman that fits AV's system better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad