Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part XVIV: Everything is Happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I haven't always agreed with Sather during his tenure here, especially pre-cap, but I am on board with what he is doing right now.

We are a really well built team with a strong chance at making a deep run in the playoffs again. In my opinion you have to go for it. This is our window. We just got one of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL with a 2.5 mill cap hit for the next 1 1/2 years. It is a bummer giving up a top prospect and yet another 1st Rd pick but we are a better team than we were 5 hours ago. Our powerplay should also be drastically improved.

My only fear is that we over tinker and start to effect the chemistry of the team. Right now we only took John Moore and Stempniak off our roster. We need to be careful with having too much turnover. This team is really good.

Moore was in and out and yandle is awesome

Stempniak is a mystery likely to be explained in a trade by 3 tommorow

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
Fair point. I still think it's just too much tinkering. I would've been happy with just a bottom 6 depth move.
That's exactly what the Stemp deal was, and the Yandle trade was pretty much a deal for a 3rd pair D who also happens to be an elite PP QB.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I haven't always agreed with Sather during his tenure here, especially pre-cap, but I am on board with what he is doing right now.

We are a really well built team with a strong chance at making a deep run in the playoffs again. In my opinion you have to go for it. This is our window. We just got one of the best offensive defenseman in the NHL with a 2.5 mill cap hit for the next 1 1/2 years. It is a bummer giving up a top prospect and yet another 1st Rd pick but we are a better team than we were 5 hours ago. Our powerplay should also be drastically improved.

My only fear is that we over tinker and start to effect the chemistry of the team. Right now we only took John Moore and Stempniak off our roster. We need to be careful with having too much turnover. This team is really good.

I think chemsitry is slightly overrated. If players are good enough, they can essentially create chemistry on the fly, that's why you see high level of play at the Olympics despite many players having never played with his linemates. Obviously chemistry is a factor, but I don't think it's nearly as significant as some claim. I think the intangibles as a whole are incredibly overrated.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
If Klingberg isn't going to be playing, then it makes absolutely no sense to just give away Stemp when we have no cap needs at this moment. I really feel like there has to be another move involved.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Wishful thinking.

Girardi will be traded when the following happens:

- McIlrath is good enough to take 2nd pairing, if not 1st pairing duties
- Skjei has solidified his place in the lineup on the 3rd pairing
- His Full NTC is expired (which happens at the end of the 16-17 season)

Rumors they shepherd from San jose dealt . I bet it's here

oh ****... thoughts on thsi?!

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
With Zuccs resigned, I have to believe this means MSL is gone. MSL, Stempniak, and Moore clear up about $7.5 million.

Talbot: $1 million raise.
Stepan: $3 million raise
Zuccs: $1 million raise
Hags: $1 million raise

That's $6 million right there, and we'd still need to add at least one more player, and possibly slight raises for Miller and Fast.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I'd take him.

Big body, throws it around and really stood out against LA last year despite his team epic failing.

Doesn't exactly address the need down the middle but hey, he's better than Glass!

Lindberg is around if we do need a centermen

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
With Zuccs resigned, I have to believe this means MSL is gone. MSL, Stempniak, and Moore clear up about $7.5 million.

That's $6 million right there, and we'd still need to add at least one more player, and possibly slight raises for Miller and Fast.

I don't think he is gone... I think he takes a major discount... there's absolutely no way he's getting anything over $3M, most likely takes $2M

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Pending trade call, NYR acquire James Sheppard from SJS. #TradeCentre

Valverde

May 22, 2008
Gdansk, Poland

Wonder if we buyout Boyle in the offseason. He hasn't been bad in my opinion, but with Yandle coming in he's completely redundant and cosindering his full NMC/NTC it will be impossible to move him... If we buy him out it saves us another 3M (1.5M dead space), which might be just enough to keep Marty. (Damn, I miss CapGeek.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad