Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building Part XVII (MOD Post 859)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Eh, that price is very high. LA needed to pay it because they lost Mitchell thinking they'd have Voynov, then they lost Voynov too and got no value back.

NYR aren't that desperate for a top 4 guy and didn't offer similar value. Good IMO.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Did I miss all the overreactions to the players we missed out on?

No I think most people agree that this team shouldn't have tried to match what LA gave up for Sekera.

Rangers will either be shopping in the bargain bin or not doing anything. I'm cool with the former since I've expected it (as long as it isn't for crap) but the latter would be a huge mistake.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Sekera for a 1st and a prospect when we already have a Top 4 D?... Yeah no..

Winnik for a 2nd?.. lolz

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
-Knew we would miss on Sekera because no 1st. Someone was going to pony it up. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE LA?? Really hope they either miss or lose in the 1st round. I hate them going deep every year. Sure would've been a nice add though.

-Hope we miss out on Vermette too simply because with us not having a 1st, it would probably cost Miller.

So what are our options realistically to upgrade the 6D slot?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Eh, that price is very high. LA needed to pay it because they lost Mitchell thinking they'd have Voynov, then they lost Voynov too and got no value back.

NYR aren't that desperate for a top 4 guy and didn't offer similar value. Good IMO.

LA also needed to pay that in order to have this done before Monday. People underestimate how much timing plays a role here. They paid extra for a guarantee rather than risk losing out by offering market.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
LA also needed to pay that in order to have this done before Monday. People underestimate how much timing plays a role here. They paid extra for a guarantee rather than risk losing out by offering market.

This is true.

Honestly, they don't terrify me like some people are saying.

Sekera is their new Voynov. Similar team to last year. Not anymore stacked IMO.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
i never saw any need for sekera

hejda would be just fine

i'd rather just play john moore not many teams have a guy that good as their 6th.

just play the kid!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
-Knew we would miss on Sekera because no 1st. Someone was going to pony it up. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE LA?? Really hope they either miss or lose in the 1st round. I hate them going deep every year. Sure would've been a nice add though.

-Hope we miss out on Vermette too simply because with us not having a 1st, it would probably cost Miller.

So what are our options realistically to upgrade the 6D slot?

If we just went with John Moore, it wouldn't exactly be the apocalypse.

Vidic15*

I thought it was a buyer's market. Not willing to pay these steap prices.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Boyle has 7 pwp points--8 even strength points. It's a little underwhelming. He went from the second pair to the third pair. Klein has moved to the second pair and has 25 even strength points. All that being said--Boyle has the ability to move the puck around on the pwp point better than anyone else we have with maybe the exception of McDonagh. Boyle is almost a last resort pk'er but we could do a lot worse on our third pair. I don't necessarily see him as a problem right now but I can't see us signing him again after next year. He's on the decline but there's still enough there IMO. C'est la vie.

Moore went with us to the cup finals last year. Lately he's been playing pretty decently. I'm okay with him. I'm really okay with Hunwick too and people have to keep in mind than neither of these guys are Stu Bickel--you can play them with a relative amount of confidence.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jan Hejda. Maybe Timonen.

Maybe on Hejda, but I doubt it on Timonen. The Flyers are in contention for the playoffs, I doubt they'd trade him to us anyway, and why should we give up much for a player who's likely only to have played one game before the trade deadline? He might even not play a single game before the trade deadline.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People keep bringing up Boyle's demotion, forgetting to mention that the 2nd pair has been an absolute abortion ever since.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
boyle should be playing with staal

dumb breaking them up boyle plays better with more mins

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
just find someone better than Glass, so that Stemp can become the 13th forward come the POs...

best record in the NHL since December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad