2014-2015 General Wild Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Season isn't over till they win 4. Might be unrealistic, but that's the attitude you gotta have.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Season isn't over till they win 4. Might be unrealistic, but that's the attitude you gotta have.

That's the attitude the players need to have.

The fans on the other hand, down 0-3 against the Hawks, the season is all but over until proven otherwise.

Aug 3, 2010
Sorry to bring up a sore point, but could I get an update on why Minnesota is down 3-0 to Chicago?
I had Minnesota as a Western Conference Final team. Barring that, I really felt like they should be putting up a fight against the 'Hawks (best of 6 at least!) Is it a matter of depth, or Dubnyk not being able to bail out the team forever, or...?

Any insight's appreciated.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014

I'm just a fan, so my attitude doesn't count.
I gave up the season the first time, when we lost in Pittsburgh and looked like crap.
Now we look like crap again...with obvious goalie issues in this series.
All game winning goals were easy ones.
Dubs didn't stop one breakaway in game 2.

If the team still believes, they're hiding it perfectly or planning the greatest rope a dope in history.
I don't believe in a comeback.

And I'm afraid, our management won't make the necessary and feasible changes.
I'm not lamenting on stripping the C or trading our NTC players for used pucks.
Won't happen, won't help and that shows simply bad character.

Buying out Bäckström (or even trading), trading Cooke and Poms, signing our potentially good RFA and UFA for small money (losers don't get big bucks) and aiming for some snipers is essential.

Then work on the ****ing PP. Use Spurgie and Dumba for it, not Suter.
Koivu, if you don't shoot, give up the PP1 minutes.
Why did we trade for Bergenheim if Yeo doesn't know how to capitalize his strengths?
Sign a backup goalie...or a real starter.

One good thing: next year we will beat the Hawks. With Kane's and Toews' new contracts kicking in they will have some cap issues.
Lucky for them, those two and Keith play for under 6 mil.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Sorry to bring up a sore point, but could I get an update on why Minnesota is down 3-0 to Chicago?
I had Minnesota as a Western Conference Final team. Barring that, I really felt like they should be putting up a fight against the 'Hawks (best of 6 at least!) Is it a matter of depth, or Dubnyk not being able to bail out the team forever, or...?

Dubnyk saved our season, but kicked us out of this series.
He looked weak on most goals.

And our top players aren't clutch at all...and Yeo made the wrong match-ups.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
lets break it down #1 our goal scorers making millions cant score, #2 our stud D core keeps turning the puck over and getting beat & #3 our stud goalie is back to the average joe oiler i remember. did i miss anything? how do you ride the same train next year and expect different results?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Dubnyk saved our season, but kicked us out of this series.
He looked weak on most goals.

And our top players aren't clutch at all...and Yeo made the wrong match-ups.

Best be attributing some blame to the defense then if you're going down that road. Suter has been awful this series.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah, Dubnyk's GAA has not been Vezina Finalist worthy this series, but look at all the odd man rushes Chicago has had against us due to defensive breakdowns. Dubnyk hasn't been great, but the defense has also hung him out to dry a few times, especially when Kane gets into the zone unchecked.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Got to remember, this team has come long way since Warren Peters played our 1st center for a few games. We had no hope, Gaborik was gone, for a moment Koivu was almost everything we had. And maybe Bäckström. And they got payed, nothing wrong with that. Nobody wanted here. They even traded Burns to get something to start with.

Now we're a top 8 team in te NHL. Two years in a row. That's a huge leap. But of course we have a different roster and different expectations too. Still, a leap from here to a regular top4 or top2 team is also big. Everything must go right. We've got potential but no history or winning mentality.

Sad news is our veteran core isn't getting younger. Suter looks almost horrible at times. The guy that we thought could play even he was 50 or something. Saddest thing isn't losing in the 2nd round. Saddest thing is not to reach the full potential when it matters the most. There's still time though, but not much.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Wild need to dump Pominville and Vanek for legitimate high-end RWs. Changes of that happening are 1%.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Got to remember, this team has come long way since Warren Peters played our 1st center for a few games. We had no hope, Gaborik was gone, for a moment Koivu was almost everything we had. And maybe Bäckström. And they got payed, nothing wrong with that. Nobody wanted here. They even traded Burns to get something to start with.

Now we're a top 8 team in te NHL. Two years in a row. That's a huge leap. But of course we have a different roster and different expectations too. Still, a leap from here to a regular top4 or top2 team is also big. Everything must go right. We've got potential but no history or winning mentality.

Sad news is our veteran core isn't getting younger. Suter looks almost horrible at times. The guy that we thought could play even he was 50 or something. Saddest thing isn't losing in the 2nd round. Saddest thing is not to reach the full potential when it matters the most. There's still time though, but not much.

That is the issue this team, and even many fans, need to realize as well. The regular season is a marathon in order to get into the sprint. Some teams fare better than others, but as LA demonstrated (and even Eddy to an extent) it doesn't matter what seed you are, so long as you get there. And no one cares about what you did in the regular season when it is all said and done. What matters is the last 1-28 games you play.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Curious what do you guys believe the Wild will do with Backstrom?

Buyout? Or try to find a team to take him on and give up asset to get it done?

I'd try hard for the 2nd option, to give us a little more breathing room in the summer of 2016.

Chicago has the 2 or 3 best players in the series and they're playing like it. The "depth" that some around couldn't stop talking about hasn't shown up either. Also, them being 3 for 4 on breakaways/partial breakaways and us being 0 for 4 hasn't helped any.

That said, 2 one-goal losses isn't exactly rolling over and dying, as much as sky seems to be falling around here.

Wild need to dump Pominville and Vanek for legitimate high-end RWs. Changes of that happening are 1%.

Less than 1%.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if we're happy & satisfied with a top 10 hockey club that cant beat the top 5 clubs like the hawks & the ducks (kings probably either) lets keep the band all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce