St Louis..........Who Cares, 1st or 2nd..........Home series-C
Nashville.........See St Louis........................Home series-C
Chicago..........Who Cares..........................3rd-C

Wild Card:
Minnesota..........97.1
Los Angeles........95.3
Winnipeg............93.4
San Jose............92.0

Anaheim, St Louis, and Nashville are so close that one cannot predict who will be the 1st or 2nd seeds in the conference right now.

With every week, the Wild situation looks better.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
The Wild in the next 4 years are going to get a lot bigger. I don't know whether that factors in if you sign Stewart or not.

Our best forward prospects currently that should be making an impact in the next 2-3-4 years are Graovac (6.4), Keranan (6.0), Tuch (6'4), Lucia (6.3), and even Adam Gilmour (6.3).

Put that on a team with Nino, Coyle, and Koivu already and that's a lot of big bodies potentially out there.

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I hope we can snatch a top grade C prospect with this years 1st rounder. Connor or Zacha or Barzal or whoever is there. No pressure kid but better score PPG while playing a 200ft game.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I hope we can snatch a top grade C prospect with this years 1st rounder. Connor or Zacha or Barzal or whoever is there. No pressure kid but better score PPG while playing a 200ft game.

That's fair. We'd need a bit higher pick to get 2PPG and 400ft -guy.

:sarcasm:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The Wild in the next 4 years are going to get a lot bigger. I don't know whether that factors in if you sign Stewart or not.

Our best forward prospects currently that should be making an impact in the next 2-3-4 years are Graovac (6.4), Keranan (6.0), Tuch (6'4), Lucia (6.3), and even Adam Gilmour (6.3).

Put that on a team with Nino, Coyle, and Koivu already and that's a lot of big bodies potentially out there.

Keranen is not a big body.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'd like to see Schroeder get in the game at Nashville. I think we could use his speed for this one.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I'll eat my words when it comes to yesterday but Kuemper needs to play. I don't care against who but Dubnyk shouldn't be playing every game like he has. We broke Backstrom the same way (age be damned). If there are days of rest whatever but on back-to-backs you pick him for one game and Kuemper for the other. What happens if Dubnyk gets injured in the playoffs ala Backstrom? Will Kuemper be able to play at a high level?

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I'll eat my words when it comes to yesterday but Kuemper needs to play. I don't care against who but Dubnyk shouldn't be playing every game like he has. We broke Backstrom the same way (age be damned). If there are days of rest whatever but on back-to-backs you pick him for one game and Kuemper for the other. What happens if Dubnyk gets injured in the playoffs ala Backstrom? Will Kuemper be able to play at a high level?

Only way I see Darcy playing any games the rest of the regular season is if we have clinched a playoff spot. It's Dubnyk's net until then.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
At this pace, you gotta think Dubnyk is going to wear down at some point and unfortunately that point will probably come in the playoffs when we're asking him to play his 60th straight game or something. This can't go on forever.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Eh, I don't really buy the wearing down aspect people always seem to be worried about with goaltenders.

These are professional athletes that spend a majority of the time on the ice not doing much, especially on the Wild (except for last night of course lol). Over the course of the season, he still isn't among the league leaders in minutes played, despite starting 27 games in a row.

I do think he needs to get a rest in here eventually, but with the spacing of these next few games, it allows him to play and remain relatively rested.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Eh, I don't really buy the wearing down aspect people always seem to be worried about with goaltenders.

These are professional athletes that spend a majority of the time on the ice not doing much, especially on the Wild (except for last night of course lol). Over the course of the season, he still isn't among the league leaders in minutes played, despite starting 27 games in a row.

I do think he needs to get a rest in here eventually, but with the spacing of these next few games, it allows him to play and remain relatively rested.

I don't know. I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now, I guess. On the other hand though, we have 3 B2B left and we're playing the best teams in the league down the stretch here so odds are we'll get outshot quite a bit in these last 13 games I would think.

Plus even if we make the playoffs we'll be playing one of those teams that we'll likely have a hard time keeping out of our zone as well as we have lately against, shall we just say "lesser" competition.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Probably a stupid Question,, but does anyone know when Dumba was no longer considered an NHL rookie?

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
The reason why I ask is because I was wondering if he would be Calder eligible next year. I was thinking if he was eligible and played like he has been the last month and half or so he might at least get noticed. Then I remembered it will be the year of Mceichel so the chances of him winning went from unlikely to no way in hell. :laugh:

edit: he's played in more than 25% so it doesn't matter. thanks for the info though.

Killerjug

Feb 21, 2013
We have to make the playoffs for the fatigue to be a problem and right now he gives us the best chance to win every game.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Thing is Kuemper was that good early in the season.

He had a rough patch, but his numbers aren't a disaster. He should get a start here and there. I think he'd play well.

It's a lot less pressure being the backup than the starter for his age and experience level.

I think it was a case of too much to soon for him earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce