2014-2015 Avatar Thread

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
So I know a bunch of other fanbases do this on a fairly regular basis and I was wondering if anyone was interested in doing this as well.

The idea would be to have a unified theme for the players and staff and maybe a few multi-use avatars for people that don't get to the thread in time. Players and staff would be limited to one per person and be in a first come first serve basis.

Would anyone be willing to do up the avatars once the theme is picked? My creativity and artistic side is a little on the weak side. I'd be willing to do the coordination of it.

Theme ideas?

The Flames last year did a futurama theme, and are doing a lego theme this year to give people an idea of potential theme (here's their thread http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1702955 and the Nashville one for this season http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1718243)

I'll put a running tally of players picked and users who picked them.

I'm claiming Nylander.

theIceWookie - William Nylander

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Maybe incorporate a picture of Carlyle yelling with a caption saying "Swarm The Toaster".

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Could also do a play on the recent overblown advanced stats thing with the hiring of Dubas.

-First screen is a headshot of the Leafs player
-Second screen is his 2013-14 Corsi rating or pick your advanced stat
-Third screen is a funny or hyperbolic statement about the player based on his rating. For instance Gardiner had a good possession rating so he could be something like "Future Norris Trophy Winner". Kessel has poor defensive stats so he could have something like "Bozie Will Pick Up My Man" or "Back Checking is For Suckers".

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Whoever makes them, do them classy.

Cartoon themed is kinda lame tbh. Just make them Leaf themed, modern, and classy.

Quadruple Dion

Jun 30, 2011
I've got a Photoshop action that pixelates images - would anyone want a 16bit theme?

kwyftbc.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad