2014-2015 Avalanche 3 Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Varly, Landy or ROR for me. Going to wait till tomorrow to vote because I can't decide atm. Leaning towards Varly since everyone else had such a ****** start to the season.

If EJ hadn't gotten injured I probably would have chosen him though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
1) Landeskog
2) Varlamov
3) Barrie

O'Reilly would be 4th if there was a 4th star. Johnson would be 1st if he didn't miss almost half the season IMO. He absolutely was our best player up until he got hurt.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Johnson would be 1st if he didn't miss almost half the season IMO. He absolutely was our best player up until he got hurt.

100% agree. When uninjured EJ was playing like a top 5-10 D man in the whole league. He carried the Avs before they kicked into gear in January.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I'm not really willing to put Landeskog or O'Reilly on my list because I thought they were 3rd liners at best for at least a quarter of the season.

Barrie, Tanguay and Varly I guess.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
1) Landeskog
2) Varlamov
3) Barrie

O'Reilly would be 4th if there was a 4th star. Johnson would be 1st if he didn't miss almost half the season IMO. He absolutely was our best player up until he got hurt.

This is where I'm at pretty much. Picks deserves a HM too. Landy lead the team literally in points and with the C. No he wasn't spectacular all season but nobody was. The last 3-4 months he's carried the team when they needed it, he set the tone physically and with attitude when he needed to. Roy says he really kept the group together. He gave the team their identity again. A great captain sets the tone for how to play and the rest of the team embodies it. I don't see how anyone was better.

Varly of course as the team's MVP, a difference maker. Too bad he didn't get as much of an opportunity to make a difference. Barrie for taking that next step and upping his game with EJ out taking on more minutes and responsibility.

HM to O'Reilly for being a beast last 2-3 months, Iggy for lifting the team with his near 30 goals, Tangs was very consistent in the middle of the season, EJ was a beast before he got injured and Picks for giving the boys some inspiration and absolutely pouring his heart on to the crease in battle.

member 116861

It is so tough doing this because everyone has warts.

EJ - Was great but missed nearly half the season
Landy & ROR - Were great in the 2nd half but terrible in the 1st half
Duchene - Opposite of Landy & ROR
Iginla - Can score but doesn't bring much else
Tanguay - Pretty inconsistent
Barrie - Brought a lot offensively but was not a game breaker
Varly - Our best player IMO but could have been better

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Varlamov and EJ were the only two that played with the consistency I expect.

Landeskog and O'Reilly were tremendous the last four months, but quite bad before that.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
1) Landeskog
2) Varlamov
3) Barrie

EXACTLY the same as mine. O'Reilly would have been far and away the #1 star if he had played the first 2 months of the season like he is right now. I think he's playing the best hockey of his career the past 2 months.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Varly
EJ
Landy

for me, and my only difficulty was deciding if Landy should pass EJ just due to the injury taking EJ out for so long.

Barrie, O'Reilly, and Iginla, would be much more difficult for me to rank at 4-6.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
1. EJ. After we lost him, that is when the season was truly lost.

2. Varly went down and Pickard came in a played great.

3. Gabe only turned it on late.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
EJ and no questions about it.
Don't care that he got injured. I can't vote for anyone else.

1) EJ
2) Varly
3) Tanguay

Those for me. Barrie and Tangs was a bit of a coin-toss. Tangs was amazing though for a long stretch and kept the offence alive.
Also exceeded my expectations, so that edges him before Tyson. I don't know if that's fair, but that's how I see it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
1. Landy - His leadership really shined through
2. Varly - Just another spectacular year
3. EJ - Would be 1st if he played the whole season, and a decent chance the Avs would be in the playoffs with him

ROR is nipping at the heels here. His last 2 months have been spectacular.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think people are forgetting what Johnson did for us, because he's been injured for the last 10 weeks or so. Varly was the #1 star for me though.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
No love for Iginla? I voted for Varly (2 stud years in a row), but I think our young guys would've thrown in the towel a lot earlier if not for Iggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad