2014 170th Overall - Cristiano Digiacinto

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/BoltProspects
DiGiacinto was 117th on the CSS midterm list, fell off final rankings.
RT @Plymmy11: @cdigiacinto66 to @TBLightning from @SpitsHockey TB getting a heart & soul winger. Fine young man he'll do w/e it takes!
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith
#TBLightning DiGiacinto an animated kid, says he loves to play a gritty game, score "greasy" goals, agitate opponents like Brad Marchand
#TBLightning DiGiacinto "I like to play bigger than I am. I feel I go to the dirty areas to win battles, crash the net."
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
DiGiacinto served two suspensions this season for Windsor, 8 games for hit to the head, 5 in playoffs for chasing down an opponent

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
According to some guy on the main boards, he can't skate.

I trust Yzerman and Murray, but it really hurts seeing Tkachev still on the board, while we draft a guy with close to non upside.

Yzlamic Preacher*

Dat name. I expect luxurious long flowing hair from him.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
TB fans won't be disappointed in this kid.

Windsor picked him up as a FA earlier this season. Billed as a guy who does a bit of everything. He showed very early that he can score consistently, he can fight, and he can hit like a truck. Not the biggest guy at 5'11 190ish, but has zero quit in him. He'll take on any-and-all comers; won't win them all, but certainly puts up a showing. I'm told he's MMA trained, so can defend himself very well. Quickly became a fan favourite in Windsor and a guy I can't wait to see this season, now that he's had a summer of training under his belt. Not the fastest guy, but has a good shot and knack for being in the right place at the right time. This could be a great find for TB.

The suspensions - one was for a head-shot that was borderline against Erie, the other was for jumping an agitator in London (the other guy started swinging as soon as his teammates and the officials got involved).

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
[nhl]627118[/nhl]

http://boltprospects.com/content/2014-draft-6th-round-170th-overall
Strengths:
Mean, agitating winger gets under his opponent's skin. Has some ability to pass and shoot the puck, but his primary task is to get the other team off their game. Classic lower line checker is at his best when the other team is trying to strangle him.

Weaknesses:
Late bloomer struggled to be picked up by a junior team until this past season. Below average skater, particularly in terms of his acceleration.

Projection:

Fourth line agitator

Comparable:
Zac Rinaldo

iwtb*

I love this guy. I so hope he's one day play for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Very interesting prospect. I'm interested to see what he does the next couple years. Could be a 4th line banger for us in 3 or 4 years.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
You don't need to be big to fight. Fighting is an art and Digiacinto seems to be pretty good at it. Also has a lot of heart fighting Wiggle. That's a big dude.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well a the very least he will be good organizational depth like Nacho or Paquette if he can make it that far. Guys like this are a penny a dozen and developing a player like Chris into something useful is going to be where we truly earn our place as a league best. Not saying he can't do it, but getting a player in the 170th pick that plays for you can be credited to your developmental system for your incoming players.

I like this pick because he WILL be a difference maker if he ends up being good enough to play in the NHL. Best of luck kid.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
This kid on a line with Neilson and Richard/Paradis in Syracuse is an interesting thought. I like the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad