Proposal: 2014/15 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals vol. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Othello*

half serious. He benefited from a fully healthy Spezza and a hot michalek. Its not a coincidence that Spezza's production continues but Hemsky has fallen off a cliff. I'm saying this as a Hemsky fantasy owner. I think Hensky's influence was greatly exaggerated.

Michalek benefited with playing with those two, in no way did Hensky bring it from playing with him

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
maybe hemsky just fit well in ottawa.... which is my point

some players just tend to fit in certain places

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
half serious. He benefited from a fully healthy Spezza and a hot michalek. Its not a coincidence that Spezza's production continues but Hemsky has fallen off a cliff. I'm saying this as a Hemsky fantasy owner. I think Hensky's influence was greatly exaggerated.

People seem to forget that Spezza started to get hot about halfway though the season, before Hemsky got here. That being said Hemsky definitely helped once he got here those two clicked like crazy.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
maybe hemsky just fit well in ottawa.... which is my point

some players just tend to fit in certain places

Yea except Hemsky at his worst was .5 PPG on bottom feeder.

That's usually Stewart's production through-out his career including his very high personal peaks.

Even if Stewart does better than he is in Buffalo(LOL) it's still not the player we need.

We need heart and soul/energy and hard working top 6 or top 3 skilled player. Stewart none of those things and even if he may become good again, it's not worth any asset of real value for that gamble.

I don't think Stewart would be better than any of our wingers anyway now or long-term.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'd take prime Stewart over prime Hemsky any day. Goals> Assists

Hemsky work ethic >> Stewart work ethic

If people have/had issues with work ethic of Spezza and Karlsson, then wait till you get a load of Stewart. He's the complete opposite player we should be targeting.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hemsky work ethic >> Stewart work ethic

If people have/had issues with work ethic of Spezza and Karlsson, then wait till you get a load of Stewart. He's the complete opposite player we should be targeting.

Did you just put work ethic and Hemsky in the same sentence? The guy is doing less than nothing. The only time I've seen Hemsky put work ethic is when he was up for a new contract. If you want to talk work ethic atleast compare to someone who has work ethic.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Did you just put work ethic and Hemsky in the same sentence? The guy is doing less than nothing. The only time I've seen Hemsky put work ethic is when he was up for a new contract. If you want to talk work ethic atleast compare to someone who has work ethic.

Which tells you what I think of Stewart.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I bet Gryba gets dealt. He would have higher value than most of our available pieces (more than Wiercioch to a lot of teams, imo) but he doesnt really have significant upside beyond where he currently is (again, imo). I think a few teams would really love to have him.

What good does trading Gryba do? Just opens a hole just to get a mid round pick.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Does Karlsson pk if we trade Gryba? He already plays tons of minutes and gryba's likely replacement is wideman who i would guess isnt a pking type of dman.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Does Karlsson pk if we trade Gryba? He already plays tons of minutes and gryba's likely replacement is wideman who i would guess isnt a pking type of dman.

I'm ok with Karlsson on the PK, but I don't want him playing ~30 mins a night. 26 would be a good average.

I'm not a fan of moving Gryba, but I am intrigued by Wideman's numbers this year. I haven't watched any of Wideman, but how's his skating? Having a puck mover on every D pair could pay dividends (though always having them on the RD might be a bit to predictable)

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Naw, if you look at correlation, Spezza benefited just as much from Hemsky. What's your excuse for his other 483 points in last 680 games?

Also Spezza was anything from fully healthy, lol.

Hemsky's influence was superb.

that is simply untrue.
Ive done this exercise before, i dont feel like digging up the exact numbers but it was something like this:

Hemsky's 20 games prior to joining the sens he 5 or 6 points.
Spezza's 20 games prior to Hemsky joining the Sens he had 19pts.

Hemsky next 20 games with Spezza he 18 or 19pts
Spezza's next 20 games with Hemsky he had 19 or 20pts

Spezza had a terrible start to the season, which is hardly surprising given he was coming of his surgery and missing the better part of the year.
He started his first 40 games with about 25pts and -20
After Christmas he had clearly rounded back into form put up pretty much a PPG for the last 40 games while going -6

Spezza clearly had a much more dramatic impact on Hemsky's game than vice versa.
no other conclusion is supported by the facts.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We have to be patient with our D prospects. We all know it takes time. Guys like Gryba, Borowiecki are filling their roles. Cowen is progressing; Karlsson is huge.

Wiercioch needs ice time. When allowed, he produced points, but also made some huge whiffs. Part of his process to progress.

Wideman, Claesson, Harper, Englund and Wikstrand need to be left alone to progress at this point, although I think Claesson could push next year; maybe Wideman.

That brings us to our vets Phillips and Methot. I am hoping Phillips retires this off season, unless he accepts (requests) a trade to a contender for a shot at the Cup before he does.

Methot would bring us back another 1st if properly valued; or an elite level player if there was a package around him. I am hoping Murray decides this season is what it is and lets Cameron work (teach) his young corps.

We are two years away from rolling with these guys in their prime, but I must say we should stay the course with these young guys and in 2017 we will be ready to make some real noise. Bicentennial Cup would be nice too.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

it depends on how we line up the defence, if we dont pick up a defenceman then i have a feeling we are going to be moving phillips or boro to the right side, just to get boro in the lineup and that solves the pk issue, would rather we upgrade on our defence but if we trade a defenceman (say gryba) thats our likely play

methot-karlsson
cowen-ceci
boro-phillips

then on the pk
cowen-methot
phillips/boro-ceci

sucks i know, and it sucks more that one of our defenceman are going to have to on their offside but if we trade gryba that is what is most likely going to happen

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ugh...pretty soon we'll have Karlsson selling popcorn in the concession stands during intermission, too.

We really need to either get Methot signed or make a trade for a top 4 LD.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ugh...pretty soon we'll have Karlsson selling popcorn in the concession stands during intermission, too.

We really need to either get Methot signed or make a trade for a top 4 LD.

thing with methot is that considering his injury and the fact that he had to sit out the very next game after his long layoff, that i wouldnt offer methot more than 3 years, i would cave on the dollar amount but not the years...way too risky

since thats something methot wouldnt want (most likely), i hope we are looking to trade him and turn around and use the pieces we get for said top 4 defenceman

methot could probably get us a 1st and a spec

use that + one of specs and one of our 2nds for something legitimate

IF and if we resign methot, then honestly the one position on defence thats up for grabs is the #6 position with boro being considered an extra until phillips leaves. not saying we have a good defence but management has developed too big of an attachment to those guys for them to actually be traded

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
We'd use him in a package for a player, obviously. The whole point of my post is that there are a few teams that like him, want him, and are willing to pay.

That would be sweet maybe we could trade him for a 3rd pairing right shooting D man.

Or lets put Wiercioch, Cowen or Phillips playing the wrong side, that would be ****ing hilarious

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
that is simply untrue.
Ive done this exercise before, i dont feel like digging up the exact numbers but it was something like this:

Hemsky's 20 games prior to joining the sens he 5 or 6 points.
Spezza's 20 games prior to Hemsky joining the Sens he had 19pts.

Hemsky next 20 games with Spezza he 18 or 19pts
Spezza's next 20 games with Hemsky he had 19 or 20pts

Spezza had a terrible start to the season, which is hardly surprising given he was coming of his surgery and missing the better part of the year.
He started his first 40 games with about 25pts and -20
After Christmas he had clearly rounded back into form put up pretty much a PPG for the last 40 games while going -6

Spezza clearly had a much more dramatic impact on Hemsky's game than vice versa.
no other conclusion is supported by the facts.

Nah brejen

Spezza had 19 points in 18 games after we got Hemsky.

He had 17 in 20 before.

Slight impact which is negligible anyway but you gotta be kiddin if you said Spezza wasn't impacted by Hemsky. I'm not discrediting the vice-versa but Hemsky boosted that line big time.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Stewart on this team is going to be amazing. Especially since we will be trading something we don't wanna trade. Cuz you know. "Win now"

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i think stewart might be he perfect compliment to smaller guys like turris and macarthur who seem to get pushed off the puck easily.

We know Ryan works on that line but Ryan also works with Zibby now making that a solid big line who can play in the dirty areas.

Chaisson and Stone kind of look lost on the top line each time we tried and they might be good together on the 3rd line

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Nah brejen

Spezza had 19 points in 18 games after we got Hemsky.

He had 17 in 20 before.

Slight impact which is negligible anyway but you gotta be kiddin if you said Spezza wasn't impacted by Hemsky. I'm not discrediting the vice-versa but Hemsky boosted that line big time.

Spezza with: CF% 53.9, GF% 50.0
Spezza without: CF% 51.5, GF% 40.0

Didn't bother posting Hemsky without because he played for Edmonton who are terrible which skewed the stats and without Spezza is too small a sample size. Hard to say whether Spezza was trending up before Hemsky and whether it was coincidental. FWIW my eye test says Hemsky definitely helped Spezza to some extent.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Also I found it interesting how several Sens beat writers are interacting with a "Sens PR" guy who told them essentially "wait until you see what we have in store tomorrow". Garrioch replied saying he expected a trade for Stewart. If I figure out how to embed the tweet I'll do it.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Also I found it interesting how several Sens beat writers are interacting with a "Sens PR" guy who told them essentially "wait until you see what we have in store tomorrow". Garrioch replied saying he expected a trade for Stewart. If I figure out how to embed the tweet I'll do it.

I hope it's a bigger trade to shake up the team... If it's Stewart I'm going to be very unhappy.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
why would ottawa wait to make a deal tomorrow? unless it has something to do with the guys on IR? If deal is there it would be done asap

Probably something not player related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad