2014-15 Schedules, Training Camp Data, Media, Draft Picks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
They could get welts/concussions with such little gear. I wear: Helmet, neck protector, double-layers of camos, chest armor (with pockets for extra ammo), gloves. Also rock a battery operated ammo loader (hopper).

Concussions? Are you serious?
While wearing the helmet, its nearly impossible to get a concussion. The worst I can think of are some hematomas while playing without any protectors but the helmet and a jockstrap, like most guys who play this game such for fun every few years.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament- and Meniscus tears and some other injuries, while doing a sport where you have to quickly change your directions, arent out of the question either. But this is a risk you have all the time, when you are doing some conditioning training as a hockey player.

So calm down, there are offseason activities that are much more dangerous. Playing golf for example ;)

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Concussions? Are you serious?
While wearing the helmet, its nearly impossible to get a concussion. The worst I can think of are some hematomas while playing without any protectors but the helmet and a jockstrap, like most guys who play this game such for fun every few years.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament- and Meniscus tears and some other injuries, while doing a sport where you have to quickly change your directions, arent out of the question either. But this is a risk you have all the time, when you are doing some conditioning training as a hockey player.

So calm down, there are offseason activities that are much more dangerous. Playing golf for example ;)

I was completely joking. :laugh:

The concussion mention is due to our concussion bug joke. Wearing a helmet, I'm surprised I barely feel the paintball. It's weirdly amazing at dulling the blow.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Guys, for my fantasy league I have B. Schenn up and Coots on my bench. Do you think I should swap these 2 out?

B. Schenn plays on the top PP unit and is starting to find chemistry with Bellemare and Simmonds. Couts has had a grand total of 2 offensive zone starts in the last 2 games. Stick with Schenn.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The 2015 preseason dates will be added occasionally. One, in Allentown, is expected to be announced tomorrow. Any discussion can be continued here or in the prospects sticky thread.

The first post here will be modified as situations dictate over the off-season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Please still have the London game, and take one away from the WFC

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They've been playing the Caps forever in pre-season. Don't recall much NYI recently though.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
I hope we draft a player from Kelowna/Kamloops or Portland as I will be travelling through there late September early October.

Last edited:

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Schedule is out: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=770456&navid=DL|PHI|home

DATE OPPONENT ARENA LOCATION TV TIME TICKETS
MON, SEPT. 21 NY ISLANDERS PPL CENTER ALLENTOWN, PA TBD 7 PM
MON, SEPT. 21 NY ISLANDERS BARCLAYS CENTER BROOKLYN, NY TBD TBD
TUE, SEPT. 22 NY RANGERS WELLS FARGO CENTER PHILADELPHIA, PA TBD 7 PM
FRI, SEPT. 25 NY ISLANDERS WELLS FARGO CENTER PHILADELPHIA, PA TBD 7 PM
MON, SEPT. 28 NY RANGERS MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NEW YORK, NY TBD 7 PM
WED, SEPT. 30 NEW JERSEY WELLS FARGO CENTER PHILADELPHIA, PA TBD 7 PM
FRI, OCT. 2 NEW JERSEY PRUDENTIAL CENTER NEWARK, NJ TBD 7 PM

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Interesting, no Toronto or Washington. I hope this means they'll scrap the rookie game with Washington & start participating in one of those prospect tournaments (Buffalo's apparently creating one of their own).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
No game in London? Damn.

3 games against the Islanders? Were they worried that they wouldn't be seen in Philly in pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna