Prospect Info: 2014/15 OKC Barons Thread 2: Gerry Fleming Named Head Coach of the Condors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
My guess:

R. Hamilton - Draisaitl - Miller
Slepyshev - Yakimov - Pakarinen
Moroz - Khaira - Pitlick
Kessy - Ewanyk - Chase

Davidson - Nurse
Oesterle - Musil
Simpson - LaLeggia

Brossoit
Laurikainen

Winquist, Platzer, Jones bros, Rankin, Christoffer, Gernat, Rimmer etc in Norfolk.

Honestly would walk on Pitlick to give Platzer a shot. His curve has been unorthodox, but he ALWAYS seems to raise the bar playing with better players.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
My guess:

Moroz - Khaira - Pitlick
Kessy - Ewanyk - Chase

Davidson - Nurse
Oesterle - Musil
Simpson - LaLeggia

Brossoit
Laurikainen

Winquist, Platzer, Jones bros, Rankin, Christoffer, Gernat, Rimmer etc in Norfolk.

I'd be willing to bet Platzer beats out a few lackadaisical guys. There's a heck of a player there.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I'd imagine the Oilers move out at least one left handed AHL dman this summer. It's unlikely the Oilers are looking for more picks, and he could be part of a package. But I'd say it's likely we see a swap for a righty or forward pro prospect for the Condors.

Simpson or Musil perhaps?

McDeathbyCheerios*

I would almost move out the vets and slide the Jones bros in.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
My guess:

Moroz - Khaira - Pitlick
Kessy - Ewanyk - Chase

Davidson - Nurse
Oesterle - Musil
Simpson - LaLeggia

Brossoit
Laurikainen

My guess for the forwards:

Pakarinen - Draisaitl - Miller
Slepyshev - Yakimov - R. Hamilton
Moroz - Khaira - Platzer
Jones - Jones - Chase

I think Platzer will show enough that he'll earn his way onto the team, I'm guessing he might go down to the ECHL for a couple weeks but will be back up quick. Jones Bros. were pretty darn good when I got to watch them a lot of energy, good forecheck and pesky, that's what you want from a 4th line. Hamilton is elder statesman for the two young Russians and Pakarinen - Draisaitl - Miller is the best line we can ice. I do think Moroz will be better next year, but I'm still not sold he will actually earn his way onto the team, I think he'll be gifted the spot and slowly earn it as the year progresses.

The D I can't guess cause I think we are going to move out some bodies and will sign one veteran d-man to help the young guys.

Goalies should be self-evident.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd imagine the Oilers move out at least one left handed AHL dman this summer. It's unlikely the Oilers are looking for more picks, and he could be part of a package. But I'd say it's likely we see a swap for a righty or forward pro prospect for the Condors.

Simpson or Musil perhaps?

Gregor wonders if the Oilers and Gernat void his deal so he can go back to Europe. Be interesting to see if that happens.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
My guess:

Moroz - Khaira - Pitlick
Kessy - Ewanyk - Chase

Davidson - Nurse
Oesterle - Musil
Simpson - LaLeggia

Brossoit
Laurikainen

Anyone's thoughts on Marincin?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Anyone's thoughts on Marincin?

I think it was the Edmonton Sun that did an article about the Bakersfield line up and said it was likely both Pitlick and Marincin would not be risked on waivers and would depth bench warmers at the very least on the Oilers next year.

If those two are not traded I would agree with that thought process. Pitlick could squeak through waivers but why risk it unless we somehow end up picking up a bunch of NHL level wingers, which has to be low priority. As much as a season or half season would be great for him still in the AHL I don't think we need to see him there any more. Sink or swim time for Pitlick.

I forget where but someone made the comment they heard Marincin was really banged up this year and playing through injuries. Not sure if that's true or just speculation.

Whether due to injuries or good play I expect Marincin will play most the year on the Oilers and none in the AHL.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I think it was the Edmonton Sun that did an article about the Bakersfield line up and said it was likely both Pitlick and Marincin would not be risked on waivers and would depth bench warmers at the very least on the Oilers next year.

If those two are not traded I would agree with that thought process. Pitlick could squeak through waivers but why risk it unless we somehow end up picking up a bunch of NHL level wingers, which has to be low priority. As much as a season or half season would be great for him still in the AHL I don't think we need to see him there any more. Sink or swim time for Pitlick.

I forget where but someone made the comment they heard Marincin was really banged up this year and playing through injuries. Not sure if that's true or just speculation.

Whether due to injuries or good play I expect Marincin will play most the year on the Oilers and none in the AHL.

On my phone, can't really respond but thank you for the information.

Could be speculation, lots more speciation about his level of commitment, really hoping it was just injury.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Bakersfield is getting ready for AHL. Brossoit in Oilers colors above the entrance to Rabobank Arena.

CGHrt7WU4AAWQ4k.jpg

Last edited:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Who wrote that? I'd like to give that a read.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
The locker room is much larger than it appears. Reconstruction is actually nearly 50% of the bottom of the arena. It is much newer and much nicer than the one in OKC. There was a locker room for the CSUB Road Runners Basketball team which was demolished to make room as well.

If you go onto the twitter site off of the Condors home page there is a video explaining and showing some of the changes. It will be an exact duplicate of the one in OKC if not better.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Thats a tiny ass locker room.

Hard to tell from the video, but it is actually pretty big. Multiple locker rooms, one for hockey gear, one for street clothes, plus workout room. Basically 3/4 of the length of the lower bowl.

Walls are coming down and things are being moved around. The Cal State locker room is being removed and the coaches offices are being moved to make space.

Last edited:

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
The locker room is much larger than it appears. Reconstruction is actually nearly 50% of the bottom of the arena. It is much newer and much nicer than the one in OKC. There was a locker room for the CSUB Road Runners Basketball team which was demolished to make room as well.

If you go onto the twitter site off of the Condors home page there is a video explaining and showing some of the changes. It will be an exact duplicate of the one in OKC if not better.

Do you live in OKC? If not, how many times did you tour the OKC facilities?

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Do you live in OKC? If not, how many times did you tour the OKC facilities?

My understanding is that the existing Condors locker rooms were smaller than OKC's, which is why they are remodeling and expanding (significantly). The ECHL has less roster players (3 lines) and does way less video. So the locker rooms are being changed to accommodate. My impression is that when it's done, it'll be comparable to what OKC had.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
My understanding is that the existing Condors locker rooms were smaller than OKC's, which is why they are remodeling and expanding (significantly). The ECHL has less roster players (3 lines) and does way less video. So the locker rooms are being changed to accommodate. My impression is that when it's done, it'll be comparable to what OKC had.

OKC had to renovate to accommodate for it as well, as the old locker rooms pre 2010 were set up for the old CHL team so they had to do pretty much the same thing Bakersfield is doing now. I just got a chuckle at the post about being much better and nicer than the one OKC had when I doubt the poster, who seems like he's from bako, has ever even toured the OKC facilities in person. OKC had good facility amenities, so I'm sure since Bakersfield is doing something similar it will be pretty close to a carbon copy.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
OKC had to renovate to accommodate for it as well, as the old locker rooms pre 2010 were set up for the old CHL team so they had to do pretty much the same thing Bakersfield is doing now. I just got a chuckle at the post about being much better and nicer than the one OKC had when I doubt the poster, who seems like he's from bako, has ever even toured the OKC facilities in person. OKC had good facility amenities, so I'm sure since Bakersfield is doing something similar it will be pretty close to a carbon copy.

Seems as though similar renovations are happening with the other former ECHL teams. Clearly there's a push by the Western NHL clubs to have great facilities for their new teams. Tearing down walls and remodeling is seldom cheap, so it's nice to see the commitment from the Oilers and others.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
Seems as though similar renovations are happening with the other former ECHL teams. Clearly there's a push by the Western NHL clubs to have great facilities for their new teams. Tearing down walls and remodeling is seldom cheap, so it's nice to see the commitment from the Oilers and others.

Any team wants to offer the best for their players & prospects. It's not so much commitment from oilers, more so it's a requirement. The renovation had to be done for OKC too, so it's the fact that if you can't offer them the necessary amenities, they will look elsewhere to find another place that will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad