2014-15 Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPKWY

Feb 23, 2012
Deerfield Beach
The overall enthusiasm has escalated toward the better for the Panthers... Finally. With Lou in net, confidence is building. In this thread, post you're 14-15' lines, if you were Dale Tallon.

I will start off with:

Michalek-Bjugstad-Gabs
Huberdeau-Barkov- Boyes
Bergy-Pirri- Vrbata
Winch- Shore- Hayes

Campbell- Schultz
Gudbranson- Kulikov
Petrovich- Olsen

Luongo
Nabakov

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Tallon has been given the green light to spend to the cap right? I hope he's able to land quality NHLers next season, as opposed to that last time when Florida ended up throwing money everywhere just to get to the minimum.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
depends on who we draft and who hits free agency but this is what id like to see:

Bergenheim-Barkov-Gaborik
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Boyes
Dal Colle-Trocheck-Upshall
Kopecky-Shore-Winchester

Campbell-Niskanen
Kulikov-Greene
Olsen-Gudbranson

Luongo
Ellis

compliance buyout Fleischmann and Jovanovski.

id love to sign Moulson or even make a trade offer for E. Kane, but if we end up drafting Dal Colle or Bennett then we'll be full at LW with one of those along with Bergenheim and Huberdeau (for kane id offer huberdeau in a package though). at RW either Gaborik or Callahan for the top line. so if we draft dal colle/bennett and somehow trade for kane, my dream offensive lineup (because the D and G remain the same) would be:

Kane-Barkov-Callahan/Gaborik
Bergenheim-Bjugstad-Boyes
Dal Colle-Trocheck-Stempniak
Kopecky-Shore-Upshall

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
First I would do whetever i could to trade Flash and Kopy, and im sure we could trade them for draftpick or something. I would not use a buyout on Jovo simply because we wont hit the cap anyway, instead i would waive him or use him as a healthy scratch

Bergy - Barkov - UFA 1
Huby - Bjugstad - UFA 2
Boyes - Trocheck - Upshall
Winchester - Shore - Pirri
Healthy scratch: Hayes/Barch

Soupy - UFA3
Gudy - Olsen
Kulikov - Petro
Healthy scratch: Jovo

Luongo
Ellis

UFA1: A proven goalscorer, Vanek would be a dream, yes i know he wanted to go to Wilds, but he also said he would like to go to a contender and so on, Im sure he would come if we payed him, not that we are contenders but i got the feeling he would go to Wilds if he dont have anything interesting. If we cant get him go for Moulson

UFA2: Wouldn't mind a cheaper guy that we can have for one or two seasons since i got a feeling we will get Dal Colle in the draft, and he would be ready then. So Jagr or Cammalleri (if he is cheap). If we end up with Ekblad, then spend some more on a player like Moulson.

UFA3: A good blueliner that can play top minutes with Soupy, my choice would be Niskanen or McDonalds, but got a feeling the last one would cost 5-6 M

If we resign Gudy for 3M and Kulikov for 4M (rest a 5-20% increase) would place us about 25 M under the cap and thats with jovo, so plenty of cash to spend on the market.

Hockeycast

Aug 31, 2011
Finland
First I would do whetever i could to trade Flash and Kopy, and im sure we could trade them for draftpick or something. I would not use a buyout on Jovo simply because we wont hit the cap anyway, instead i would waive him or use him as a healthy scratch

Bergy - Barkov - UFA 1
Huby - Bjugstad - UFA 2
Boyes - Trocheck - Upshall
Winchester - Shore - Pirri
Healthy scratch: Hayes/Barch

Soupy - UFA3
Gudy - Olsen
Kulikov - Petro
Healthy scratch: Jovo

Luongo
Ellis

UFA1: A proven goalscorer, Vanek would be a dream, yes i know he wanted to go to Wilds, but he also said he would like to go to a contender and so on, Im sure he would come if we payed him, not that we are contenders but i got the feeling he would go to Wilds if he dont have anything interesting. If we cant get him go for Moulson

UFA2: Wouldn't mind a cheaper guy that we can have for one or two seasons since i got a feeling we will get Dal Colle in the draft, and he would be ready then. So Jagr or Cammalleri (if he is cheap). If we end up with Ekblad, then spend some more on a player like Moulson.

UFA3: A good blueliner that can play top minutes with Soupy, my choice would be Niskanen or McDonalds, but got a feeling the last one would cost 5-6 M

If we resign Gudy for 3M and Kulikov for 4M (rest a 5-20% increase) would place us about 25 M under the cap and thats with jovo, so plenty of cash to spend on the market.

Looks good but I wouldn't want Pirri on the 4th line. Not sure about Shore either...
I'd like to see Shore as the third center but then again, we have Trocheck.
And where to put Pirri? And we've also got Grimaldi coming up in the future...
We've got tons of young guys who I'd like to see play a top-6 role but I also want us to bring in proven goalscorers who could take us to the playoffs. :dunno:

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Alright ill take a crack at it. The way I see it were almost set only a few moves are necessary.

-We don't resign Gilbert due to defensive depth(no need for him)
-Howden, Trockeck, Petro, and Shore come up full time next year.
-We don't resign Barch due to forward depth(although I like him)
-We resign Jesse, and Kuli
-we buyout Kopecky
-due to center depth Pirri gets traded/sent down
There for we look like this

Bergie-Barkov-UFA
Flash-Bjugstad-Huby
Upshall-Trocheck-Boyes
Whinchester-Shore-Howden
Hayes

Campbell-UFA
Kuli-Guds
Olsen-Petrovic/Jovo

Lu
Ellis

I think that team puts us in the playoffs for sure and perhaps a darkhorse for a cup run.

Last edited:

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
pirri wont be sent down since he has to pass waivers

i'd love trocheck on the top line with barkov and bergenheim, seeing as his last game, i think he'd compliment them very much bringing great speed and grit

you cant buy out injurewd players, will kopecky be healthy? he's a better player than winchester anyway. shore-howden on 4th line is bad, rather play them in SA

try to trade flash++ for something fancy at the draft

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO

i'd love trocheck on the top line with barkov and bergenheim, seeing as his last game, i think he'd compliment them very much bringing great speed and grit

you cant buy out injurewd players, will kopecky be healthy? he's a better player than winchester anyway. shore-howden on 4th line is bad, rather play them in SA

Kopecky has definitely not been playing better than Whinchester so I don't see how you can call him a better player.

As for the bolded part I don't understand keeping players in the AHL for nothing. Shore and Howden have already proved everything they can down there. You can argue neither of them have been scoring at rapid paces but that's not there game. The next step for them is making the transition.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida

I agree maybe trocheck can play wing like Hubs?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Kopecky has definitely not been playing better than Whinchester so I don't see how you can call him a better player.

As for the bolded part I don't understand keeping players in the AHL for nothing. Shore and Howden have already proved everything they can down there. You can argue neither of them have been scoring at rapid paces but that's not there game. The next step for them is making the transition.

Howden is starting to play way better down there he can definitely use more ahl time... Bring him in now and he's a 4th liner... Let him develope down there more maybe he turns into a 2nd-3rd liner if his offence keeps coming slong

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012

inchester scored 11 goals and 41 assists on 233 games. this season? 9 goals and 8 assists... they are heavily inflated and he have scored because he play an a lot bigger role than he should

he's a decent 4th liner, but kopecky is more versitile and is signed for a year

winchester at 1 year for a cheap sum would be decent, but kopecky is better. kopeckys trackrecord is a lot stronger and he's having a horrible year. i'd rather give him a chance to bounce back than bringing winchester back

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Looks good but I wouldn't want Pirri on the 4th line. Not sure about Shore either...
I'd like to see Shore as the third center but then again, we have Trocheck.
And where to put Pirri? And we've also got Grimaldi coming up in the future...
We've got tons of young guys who I'd like to see play a top-6 role but I also want us to bring in proven goalscorers who could take us to the playoffs. :dunno:

Yeah a bit hard, but one of trocheck, Pirri and Shore has to play wing or be sent down, the other two has to be bottom 6 centers, the reason why i placed Shore on the 4th line is that I think he is the best checking center of them. And the reason i placed Pirri as forward is that I think trocheck is the best two way center of them and Pirri would e the best winger out of them. But yeah its a bit hard to actually fit in everyone next season if we sign 2 forwards

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I think talon is trying them to see the best fit at centre between trocheck and pirri... Whoever plays best wins stays at centre the other moves to wing or gets traded in a package for a dman or winger...I don't think pirri and hubs should be in the same line... Seem like too similar of player I would rather hubs with trocheck and a better defensive winger with pirri

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bergy-Barkov-Boyes
Huberdeau- Bjugstad-Gaborik
Flash-Pirri-Upshall
Winchester-Shore-Kopecky
Barch, Hayes

Campbell-Niskanen
Kulikov-Gudbranson
Olsen-Petrovic
Jovanovski

Unfortunately I think Trocheck may start in San Antonio. We'll see how he does over the last 19 games. If we can get value for Flash I'd move him at the draft to free up a spot for Trocheck. If not, keep him, because I think he'll bounce back next season. Pirri isn't going anywhere because he's waiver eligible. I think we need to try really hard to re-sign Winchester, he's a gamer and a great 4th liner.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
Moulson-Barkov-Boyes
Huberdeau-Bjugstad-Gaborik
Pirri-Trocheck-Upshall
Bergenheim-Shore-Kopecky
Winchester,Barch

Campbell-Niskanen
Olsen-Gudbranson
Kulikov-Petrovic
Jovo

Luongo
Ellis

Trade Flash at the draft for a pick or 2 and retain some salary.

Edit: if we can't land Gaborik then Vrbata would be a decent consolation prize.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
The overall enthusiasm has escalated toward the better for the Panthers... Finally. With Lou in net, confidence is building. In this thread, post you're 14-15' lines, if you were Dale Tallon.

I will start off with:

Michalek-Bjugstad-Gabs
Huberdeau-Barkov- Boyes
Bergy-Pirri- Vrbata
Winch- Shore- Hayes

Campbell- Schultz
Gudbranson- Kulikov
Petrovich- Olsen

Luongo
Nabakov

First comment... I just don't think we are going to sign that many free agents this season. I just don't see it.

Second comment... there is no way in hell Bjugstad is 1st C over Barkov... just no way.

Here is what I have in mind:

Bergenheim - Barkov - FA1
FA2 - Bjugstad - Boyes
Huberdeau - Pirri - Upshall
Winchester - Shore - Barch/Hayes

Campbell - FA3
Kulikov - Jovanovski
Olsen - Gudbranson
7th dman - Petro/Robak

Luongo
Ellis

FA1 - Prefer Vanek, be happy with Moulson altough I don't think he is 1st line scorer (maybe on this team he is).
FA2 - Michalek, Setoguchi. Maybe a trade as well, but wouldn't even know where to begin... Evander Kane, James Neal, hate to see what we would need to give up for those players (I really don't see trades happening here but who knows).
FA3 - Big-minute defensive dman (Orpik) or, wet dream Niskanen. Highly doubt Niskanen will not renew with Pitt though.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
First comment... I just don't think we are going to sign that many free agents this season. I just don't see it.

Second comment... there is no way in hell Bjugstad is 1st C over Barkov... just no way.

Here is what I have in mind:

Bergenheim - Barkov - FA1
FA2 - Bjugstad - Boyes
Huberdeau - Pirri - Upshall
Winchester - Shore - Barch/Hayes

Campbell - FA3
Kulikov - Jovanovski
Olsen - Gudbranson
7th dman - Petro/Robak

Luongo
Ellis

FA1 - Prefer Vanek, be happy with Moulson altough I don't think he is 1st line scorer (maybe on this team he is).
FA2 - Michalek, Setoguchi. Maybe a trade as well, but wouldn't even know where to begin... Evander Kane, James Neal, hate to see what we would need to give up for those players (I really don't see trades happening here but who knows).
FA3 - Big-minute defensive dman (Orpik) or, wet dream Niskanen. Highly doubt Niskanen will not renew with Pitt though.

if huberdeau is going to be our longterm third line winger, might aswell trade him.

he'll play top6 next season when he have had a full off-season to train, 100%

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Couple quick notes

Just because they say they'll spend money doesnt mean they should go right up to the cap just to spend money. Rather sign 1-2 guys, leave cap space wait for 2015 off season to see what else is available or trade for a proven player.

Also we only have one compliance buy-out left. I don't know how that would work with Jovo being +35 contract

I see us signing Matt Moulson and hopefully a top 4 dman

CoolburnIsGone

Couple quick notes

Just because they say they'll spend money doesnt mean they should go right up to the cap just to spend money. Rather sign 1-2 guys, leave cap space wait for 2015 off season to see what else is available or trade for a proven player.

Also we only have one compliance buy-out left. I don't know how that would work with Jovo being +35 contract

I see us signing Matt Moulson and hopefully a top 4 dman
Actually we never used any compliance buyouts. We just used a regular buyout on Kuba. And it would be bad PR to buy out Jovo so I seriously doubt they do that. Either way, I believe Redden may have been on a 35+ deal and he got a compliance buyout. It shouldn't matter though as we won't be spending to the cap and could absorb the cap hit if they did buyout Jovo (a little over 2.8M for the next 2 yrs).

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Actually we never used any compliance buyouts. We just used a regular buyout on Kuba. And it would be bad PR to buy out Jovo so I seriously doubt they do that. Either way, I believe Redden may have been on a 35+ deal and he got a compliance buyout. It shouldn't matter though as we won't be spending to the cap and could absorb the cap hit if they did buyout Jovo (a little over 2.8M for the next 2 yrs).

I don't see it being a bad PR buying him out. Considering anyone who knows anything about hockey can see Jovanovski is done

CoolburnIsGone

I don't see it being a bad PR buying him out. Considering anyone who knows anything about hockey can see Jovanovski is done
You can't just market the team in this area to just "anyone who knows anything about hockey"... just doesn't work that way. The casual fans still remember Jovo from 96 and that's why you can't just buy him out no matter how he looks now on the ice.

Not to mention, the reason all the guys signed here in 2011 was because Jovo agreed to come back here. So apparently he still has some weight among players opinions in the league. If we want to sign high profile free agents, it would be best to appear as though we are a loyal organization to its player leaders.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
if huberdeau is going to be our longterm third line winger, might aswell trade him.

he'll play top6 next season when he have had a full off-season to train, 100%

Considering we will have a 3rd line being centered by Pirri/Trocheck next year, I am going with the assumption that we are going to have 3 scoring lines. I hope Huberdeau improves in the offseason, but at this point in his career he seems too slow and weak on the puck to be a top 6 forward, just my opinion. If we do in fact get 2 wingers in free-agency I thinks those are top 6 wingers as we dont need more bottom 6 with Upshall, Fleishman, Kopecky, Winchester, Hayes, Barch, etc.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
You can't just market the team in this area to just "anyone who knows anything about hockey"... just doesn't work that way. The casual fans still remember Jovo from 96 and that's why you can't just buy him out no matter how he looks now on the ice.

Not to mention, the reason all the guys signed here in 2011 was because Jovo agreed to come back here. So apparently he still has some weight among players opinions in the league. If we want to sign high profile free agents, it would be best to appear as though we are a loyal organization to its player leaders.

What player would want to sign here if Jovo is here? It just shows this team are still not for real. Jovo is a joke now. He is by far the worst player in the league and if he does continue beyond this season it'll be ridiculous.

Erick*

All of the sudden, we have a lot of forwards on the team.

I think one of our overpaid forwards will be traded for an overpaid defenseman. Sort of like a change of scenery trade. For example, I could see Flash traded to a team like Vancouver. Maybe Flash for Edler? Both productive players in their respective careers and both having bad years. Vancouver has a good d-core and a lack of top-six forwards while we will probably have a lot of forwards competing for spots/a mediocre d-core.

Maybe these aren't the right names, but I could definitely see something like this happening and then signing another d-man in free agency to replace Gilbert.

That leaves Campbell, Kulikov, Gudbranson, traded d-man, signed d-man as our top-5 in no specific order. And then you have the likes of Jovo, Olsen and Petro competing for playing time as the 6th d-man/we'll have some depth in case of injuries.

While I can't stand watching Jovo, I've already accepted that he's going to be here until his contract expires or he retires. The Panthers won't buy him out, imo.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't know how things will start out in the fall, but I do know that before long Shore will be ahead of Pirri on the depth chart. People just slotting Pirri in on the 2nd line are going to be a little disappointed imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad