remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Bjugstad-Barkov-Boyes
Bergenheim-Pirri-Huberdeau
Jokinen-Trocheck-Hayes
Upshall-Mackenzie-Bolland
Thornton, Kopecky

I really don't want to break up that 3rd line anytime soon. Trocheck and Hayes deserve to stay.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Bjugstad-Barkov-Boyes
Jokinen-Trocheck-Hayes
Thornton, Kopecky

I really don't want to break up that 3rd line anytime soon. Trocheck and Hayes deserve to stay.

Makes sense to fans which usually means that it won't happen. You know, because we don't know jack.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Bjugstad-Barkov-Boyes
Jokinen-Trocheck-Hayes
Thornton, Kopecky

me neither but.. you know, bolland as a 4th at 5,5 mill. :shakehead

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
At least he'd be playing. Rather pay him 5.5 to play than 5.5 to be injured all the time.

hehe yupp :laugh: you know, bobby ryan has a cap hit at 5.1. it really puts things in perspective :laugh:
still, i liked the lines you posted but bolland is just screwing things up. he needs to get going soon

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'd love to hear Tallon eat crow about the Bolland signing. Or at least get grilled by the media about it. He really needs to explain that one.
He's played 4 games..

Sure it was a signing that wasn't necessary, but let's at least give him some games until completely dooming it. Thornton looked pretty bad to start the year too and now he's looked just fine.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
He's played 4 games..

Sure it was a signing that wasn't necessary, but let's at least give him some games until completely dooming it. Thornton looked pretty bad to start the year too and now he's looked just fine.

Some people have made up their mind that it's a bad signing and nothing will change that. It'll never be looked at as a great signing, but it's not a disaster just yet.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Some people have made up their mind that it's a bad signing and nothing will change that. It'll never be looked at as a great signing, but it's not a disaster just yet.

no it's not, but the fact that he's only had 4 games is adding to the discontent and doesn't really work very good as a argument for bolland/the contract/the term/tallons cause.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
no it's not, but the fact that he's only had 4 games is adding to the discontent and doesn't really work very good as a argument for bolland/the contract/the term/tallons cause.

Even if he plays how he's supposed to, everyone can still agree that the contract is bad. Too much money for a 3rd line center and too many years because we're going to have our youngsters take his spot at some point. But if he puts up 60+ points (which is veeeery unlikely) then I'll be OK with his contract.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

It sucks that he hasn't played, no doubt, but it's still just a few games into his first season of the deal. Heck, he'll probably end up on LTIR before the contract is even up with his injury history. :sarcasm: I'd rather reserve judgment until he's had a chance to play.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Blues have Lehterä as their 3rd center, he's earning 3.25million this year and he has 17points in 16 games, over a point per game. I hope Bolland can prove that he's worthy of his contract when he's healthy

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
It sucks that he hasn't played, no doubt, but it's still just a few games into his first season of the deal. Heck, he'll probably end up on LTIR before the contract is even up with his injury history. :sarcasm: I'd rather reserve judgment until he's had a chance to play.

:laugh: yeah. i want him back as soon as possible to make me change my mind tho :)

Even if he plays how he's supposed to, everyone can still agree that the contract is bad. Too much money for a 3rd line center and too many years because we're going to have our youngsters take his spot at some point. But if he puts up 60+ points (which is veeeery unlikely) then I'll be OK with his contract.

hehe yeah if he does that i'll shut the hell up :handclap:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Blues have Lehterä as their 3rd center, he's earning 3.25million this year and he has 17points in 16 games, over a point per game. I hope Bolland can prove that he's worthy of his contract when he's healthy
It doesn't work that way, and we all know already that Bolland is overpaid for what he'll bring.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
What I want to see out of Bolland is 15 goals, and 20 assists, along with the strongest two way play on the team. I would be ok with that.

jaa

Oct 24, 2013
Does someone have any idea why the "killer B:s" line is separated? Because on last year it was among the best lines of the NHL. I think Barkov needs someone with a good pair of hands to produce better. Could that someone be Boyes or Trochek?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Does someone have any idea why the "killer B:s" line is separated? Because on last year it was among the best lines of the NHL. I think Barkov needs someone with a good pair of hands to produce better. Could that someone be Boyes or Trochek?

Barkov has struggled offensively this year, especially in the dump and chase system they've been playing. He played well the first game or two when paired with Bergy and Boyes this year but that fizzled pretty quickly. He doesn't like to shoot and the thinking right now is to pair him with two grinders which will force him to shoot the puck more and it's worked the last few games. He has a goal and an assist in the last two since being paired with them.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Barkov has struggled offensively this year, especially in the dump and chase system they've been playing. He played well the first game or two when paired with Bergy and Boyes this year but that fizzled pretty quickly. He doesn't like to shoot and the thinking right now is to pair him with two grinders which will force him to shoot the puck more and it's worked the last few games. He has a goal and an assist in the last two since being paired with them.

Bergenheim did get injured two games after the killer Bs were reunited.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
What I want to see out of Bolland is 15 goals, and 20 assists, along with the strongest two way play on the team. I would be ok with that.

Going to be interesting to see what Tallon does when Bolland is healthy.

While Trocheck lacks Bolland's defense and agitation, he definitely has more offensive presence to his game. And his chemistry with Jokinen and Hayes is fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad