2014-15 IIHF World Junior Championship Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Reinhart has been pretty unimpressive since I've been watching.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Pronman seems to like that line a lot:

Corey Pronman @coreypronman · 1h
Strong first periods for Domi-Reinhart-Duclair line, Paul-OTT, Nurse-EDM, Tkachev-2015, Bowey-WSH, Point-TBL, Sorokin-NYI.

Corey Pronman @coreypronman · 15m 15 minutes ago
Strong period in 2nd again for everyone on the top line. Morrissey-WPG played very well as did Sorokin-NYI.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I've only seen a bit of the USA game but Hanifin and Eichel had back-to-back shorties. USA is completely dominating the game and Eichel basically looks like a god.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Pronman seems to like that line a lot:

Corey Pronman @coreypronman · 1h
Strong first periods for Domi-Reinhart-Duclair line, Paul-OTT, Nurse-EDM, Tkachev-2015, Bowey-WSH, Point-TBL, Sorokin-NYI.

Corey Pronman @coreypronman · 15m 15 minutes ago
Strong period in 2nd again for everyone on the top line. Morrissey-WPG played very well as did Sorokin-NYI.

I started watching about 7 minutes into 2nd period. I've missed alot.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I've only seen a bit of the USA game but Hanifin and Eichel had back-to-back shorties. USA is completely dominating the game and Eichel basically looks like a god.

He's ridiculously good. Every offensive zone pass hits tape.

Bps21*

He never looks impressive. But he always gets the job done. He's pretty much the most boring player who is actually really good I've ever seen.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Definitely wouldn't have been happy if we had the Isles pick and chose him over Nylander or Ehlers.

He does absolutely nothing if he isn't scoring. He is going to score at the NHL level, but I don't see anything else in his game right now.

ZeroPT*

That's probably because he doesn't skate really really fast like Domi and Duclair.

He's been the best out of the three. His passing has always been tape to tape, he's won alot on the draw, he's had a bunch of really nice stick lifts and stick checks in the neutral zone to turn the attack around. He's a one man transition machine.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Fucale is so overrated, and not that good. I have no idea why Hockey Canada hasn't realized this yet. So glad we didn't take him last year, he is not a legit goaltending prospect.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Yeah I thought Reinhart was as advertised--a bit slow compared to his peers, pushed around a bit --but good on the draws, superb passer, good position in both ends, covering for Domi and Duclair when they went in deep and also for any pinching D.

ZeroPT*

Some Russian player was rushing down off the bench and was in the slot, the Russians had it in deep and they tried to feed him but Reinhart pocked it away.

If he doesn't do that OT is over on like the 2nd shift.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Sounds like most were watching the Canada game. I thought the Bracco-Compher-Schmaltz line really picked it up in the 3rd. The twirp line of Milano-DeLeo-Louis were unstoppable in the 2nd, and the Eichel line was awesome the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad