League News: 2014-15 Around the League Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
AAV on Leddy's seven year extension with NYI is $5.5M.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I honestly can't say I like or dislike that Leddy contract.

Seems way to high and long for a RFA...but if he fits there...its a decent deal...I think.

Weird.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Teams that signed their young D's before look pretty genius right now.

Martinez and Muzzin @ 4M AAV and Brodie @ 4.650m AAV. I'd take any of them over Leddy.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Leddy actually strikes me as a younger, left-handed Matt Niskanen-type. With 2 RFA years, that seems rich. I suppose they're not hurting for cap space.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I honestly can't say I like or dislike that Leddy contract.

Seems way to high and long for a RFA...but if he fits there...its a decent deal...I think.

Weird.

Without CapGeek it is hard to evaluate IMO. I'd like to know what is the actual salary each year, how many UFA years are involved, and things like that. Heck in 5 years $5.5 might be same as $4.5 mil of today...

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
12M tied up for Nick Leddy and Johnny Boychuk next season seems like a cringe-worthy thought.

Then again, so did having that 12M tied up to Green and Orpik heading into the season so i guess it could work.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Without CapGeek it is hard to evaluate IMO. I'd like to know what is the actual salary each year, how many UFA years are involved, and things like that. Heck in 5 years $5.5 might be same as $4.5 mil of today...

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance
Breakdown of the Leddy salary: $4 million, $4.5 million, $5 million, $5.5 million, $6 million, $6.5 million & $7 million in the last year.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance
Breakdown of the Leddy salary: $4 million, $4.5 million, $5 million, $5.5 million, $6 million, $6.5 million & $7 million in the last year.

Thanks. I assumed he wasn't going to be actually making $5.5 mil during those RFA seasons. I guess I don't have a problem with it. He has made a big difference on that team and has already been said it isn't like they don't have the cap space.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
And now... the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Fare thee well, Mike Green. No chance we resign him.

Let's be honest, whatever team he does end up signing with, we all will be visiting their boards frequently to see their comments about and frustrations with Mike Green's play. Can't wait to see Tom Wilson finish a check on him in the corners.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
When the Caps signed Niskanen so many here thought for sure that meant Green was out and became so disillusioned when he wasn't.

Now with glee that feeling of euphoria has returned with the Leddy contract. Careful. Don't get your hopes up.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
tons of games today for us to pick from

Nash out, go the Flames ... I still think we can top the Metro :amazed: ... I'll start with that game I guess and flick around

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Jamal Mayers is pretty decent on NHL Network (I had no idea he was even out of the game).

I think he's terrible. Always looking way off camera and it sounds like he's reading a book.

Mike Rupp was actually really good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad