WJC: 2014 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
Hudon was an alternate last season just like Rielly, and Reinhart's captaincy last season marked the first year he was in any sort of leadership position, meaning that Rielly's actually been in a position of leadership longer. Funny huh?

The only laughable thing here is you pretending to know anything about the guy. It doesn't matter what letter is on whose jersey; I don't know anything about who these guys are as people and neither do you.

Someone call an ambulance. There's a burn victim in the vicinity!

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
Hudon - Monahan - S. Reinhart
Domi - McDavid - Mantha
Poirier - Horvat - Shinkaruk
Jankowski - Lazar - Klimchuk
Gauthier

Reilly - Pulock
Dumba - Pouliot
Finn - Morrisey
Nurse

Comrie
Fucale
Paterson

Comrie wins the G battle and Morrisey surprises everyone out camp and beats nurse and he becomes the next trouba. I could see TC icing that lineup but most likely Rychel, Wilson etc.. would replace Janko and Klimchuk.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Hudon - Monahan - S. Reinhart
Domi - McDavid - Mantha
Poirier - Horvat - Shinkaruk
Jankowski - Lazar - Klimchuk
Gauthier

Reilly - Pulock
Dumba - Pouliot
Finn - Morrisey
Nurse

Comrie
Fucale
Paterson

Comrie wins the G battle and Morrisey surprises everyone out camp and beats nurse and he becomes the next trouba. I could see TC icing that lineup but most likely Rychel, Wilson etc.. would replace Janko and Klimchuk.

I like it, very similar to mine. What about Laughton though? Is he playing with the Flyers?

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
Hudon was an alternate last season just like Rielly, and Reinhart's captaincy last season marked the first year he was in any sort of leadership position, meaning that Rielly's actually been in a position of leadership longer. Funny huh?

The only laughable thing here is you pretending to know anything about the guy. It doesn't matter what letter is on whose jersey; I don't know anything about who these guys are as people and neither do you.

For the first few months of the season, yes. He was named captain of the Sags in December.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/l...he-chicoutimi-sagueneens-qmjhl-habs-canadiens

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Derrick Pouliot will be first unit PP, but he should be bottom pairing for even strength. Will Ekblad be in this tourney or will he be at u-17?

Ekblad would have to outperform one of Finn, Nurse, Pulock, and Dumba. Also Koekkoek, Pelech and Heatherington will be in the mix. He is a longshot.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
These are my lines. I think Canada will put a heavy emphasis on returning defence/post draft +1. (hence why only Pulock is the only D drafted this year.)

I love the C depth, and the mix of size, speed, skill, and toughness throughout the wing. The hardest pick for me was 2nd line LW. I ended up choosing Domi over Shinkaruk because I feel he brings a little more to the team... (Physical play, board battle, etc.) No slight on Shinkaruk.

Hudon(C) - Monahan - S. Reinhart
Domi - McDavid - Mantha
Horvat - Laughton - Poirer
Rychel - Lazar - Gauthier
Gaunce

Reilly(A) - Reinhart(A)
Finn - Dumba
Severson - Pouliot
Pulock

Paterson
Fucale
Comrie

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Derrick Pouliot will be first unit PP, but he should be bottom pairing for even strength. Will Ekblad be in this tourney or will he be at u-17?

He will be too old for U17. I doubt he will make the U20 team unless there are a bunch of guys in the NHL and some injuries.

arsmaster*

He could easily outperform anyone on that list other than Nurse.

Why Nurse?

It's not like he's polished. His game is still very raw.

Dumba will be there. Likely as C.

Dominated the U18 as the Captain in his draft year and is coached by Sutter with Red Deer.

Hopefully he's improved his skating and transitions from last year. He'll munch minutes for sure.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
These are my lines. I think Canada will put a heavy emphasis on returning defence/post draft +1. (hence why only Pulock is the only D drafted this year.)

I love the C depth, and the mix of size, speed, skill, and toughness throughout the wing. The hardest pick for me was 2nd line LW. I ended up choosing Domi over Shinkaruk because I feel he brings a little more to the team... (Physical play, board battle, etc.) No slight on Shinkaruk.

Hudon(C) - Monahan - S. Reinhart
Domi - McDavid - Mantha
Horvat - Laughton - Poirer
Rychel - Lazar - Gauthier
Gaunce

Reilly(A) - Reinhart(A)
Finn - Dumba
Severson - Pouliot
Pulock

Paterson
Fucale
Comrie

I have a hard time not seeing Shinkaruk making it, I think Gaunce would be the odd man out and Poirier will be the extra man with Shinkaruk taking his place.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Horvat- Monahan -Mantha
Domi - McDavid- Reinhart
Hudon(A)- Laughton- Lazar
Wilson - Gauthier - Rychel
Shinkaruk/Gaunce

Reilly(C)-Reinhart (A)
Finn - Severson
Pouliot-Ekblad
Dumba\Pulock

Patterson
Comrie
Fucale

Last edited:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I have a hard time not seeing Shinkaruk making it, I think Gaunce would be the odd man out and Poirier will be the extra man with Shinkaruk taking his place.

I've read that Canada wants to put together a hockey team not an all-star team. I intentionally made a fast/forechecking/big 3rd line to put up against the other teams top lines.

I think Shinkaruk is an amazing offensive talent, but I also think other players bring similar offence with more size, checking, and two-way play.

Shinkaruk could easily be swapped out with Gaunce as the 13th forward, and end up taking someones spot... but I think this is the best team (as of right now) I could think of.

2 scoring lines
1 checking line / speed
1 PK / checking line.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I've read that Canada wants to put together a hockey team not an all-star team. I intentionally made a fast/forechecking/big 3rd line to put up against the other teams top lines.

I think Shinkaruk is an amazing offensive talent, but I also think other players bring similar offence with more size, checking, and two-way play.

Shinkaruk could easily be swapped out with Gaunce as the 13th forward, and end up taking someones spot... but I think this is the best team (as of right now) I could think of.

2 scoring lines
1 checking line / speed
1 PK / checking line.

No I understand you're thinking and I like that team, I just have a hard to believing that one of the best offensive players gets left off the team. I think they will find a way to make sure they can take him.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

2 scoring lines
1 checking line / speed
1 PK / checking line.
At least some understand where Sutter will be going with this team. Every player will have a role.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
No I understand you're thinking and I like that team, I just have a hard to believing that one of the best offensive players gets left off the team. I think they will find a way to make sure they can take him.

You're probably right. It's going to be a hard team to crack.. So many good players will get cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad