Olympics: 2014 — Canada Roster Discussion (Part XIV) Release: Tuesday @ 11:00 AM EST on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Yzerman didn't pick MSL for purely selfish reasons - saving him for the playoffs. There was no way to not pick Stamkos without getting called out for it though.

Hutzler

Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
No Thornton or Couture... I was so sure at least Couture would make it. Im really happy for Marleau and especially for Vlasic.

Couture is having hand surgery.

Not happy with the Carter and Vlassic choices. Would much rather see Giroux and Seabrook there.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Are people really surprised by Nash? He has always been a beast in the IIHF and a key part of the gold medal Vancover team.

drewstar

Jan 1, 2010
6ix
I'm satisfied overall.

A bit surprised MSL didn't make it tbh,

I know Giroux was a popular choice but for myself I didn't feel he was a 'finisher' on the RW since Giroux is more of a playmaker if that makes sense.

Looks like this is how they line up:

Kunitz - Crosby - Stamkos
Duchene - Tavares - Nash
Sharp - Toews - Carter
Marleau - Getzlaf - Perry
13th forward: Bergeron
Taxi squad: Benn

Keith - Weber
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Vlasic - Doughty
7th defenseman: Subban
Taxi squad: Hamhius

Price
Luongo
Taxi squad: Smith

CK17

May 13, 2007
Kunitz-Crosby-Stamkos
Duchene-Getzlaf-Perry
Sharp-Toews-Tavares
Marleau-Bergeron-Nash
Benn-Carter

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I'd assume Couture's injury is the reason he's off the team.

Surprised with Marleau over St Louis, considering his built in chemistry with Stamkos. Chemistry is why Kunitz made the team.

Defense was pretty well set, for a while I think.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Crosby. Wouldn't surprise if he even made a phone call to Yzerman to keep Giroux off the team and get Kunitz on it.

Complete and utter speculation at its finest right here. Giroux and Kunitz are not even competing for the same spot on the roster (not that it makes a good story that way).

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Some real head scratchers. Chris Kunitz has no business playing on this team over Claude Giroux, Joe Thornton, Mike Richards or Taylor Hall.

And Rick Nash and Jeff Carter make the team? Tell me this is a joke.

He's only been Canada's best international player dude. That's one pick I'm not worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad