2013 WHL Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillP

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
Blades start the rebuild by sending thrower to van. Anyone know why kichton wasn't signed by nyi? Roster spots? Seems crazy.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Blades start the rebuild by sending thrower to van. Anyone know why kichton wasn't signed by nyi? Roster spots? Seems crazy.

I think Kitchon probably wants to play AHL hockey. I guess there isn't any roster spots for the team soon, the prospect defense core is the best in the league. Kitchon will no doubt get a contract somewhere else if he doesn't get drafted.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

Giants also picked up Joel Hamilton from Red deer for a 3rd in 14.

Both moves add great depth to a giants team that should be much improved next year, especially Thrower as he stabilizes the back end with Kulak and the rest of the young guys.

Hordichuk_24

I really questioned why we traded Joel to the Giants. He was a good player for us and wear an 'A'. Anyone know a possible reason?

I don't know if there was any specific reason but Red Deer has a lot of 94 born players on their roster. I'm guessing they wanted to get a head start on decreasing that number. That said, the Giants have a ton of 94's as well. Bonner will have to address that at some point too.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Kevin Constantine could be Everett's next coach.

(I hope this is the right place :))

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Saskatoon, SK - The Saskatoon Blades have announced a trade with the Red Deer Rebels.
The Saskatoon Blades have acquired defenceman Kevin Pochuk, a 3rd round pick and a 7th round pick in exchange for veteran forward Lukas Sutter. Both draft picks in the deal are for the 2014 WHL Bantam Draft.
Pochuk is a 1995-born blueliner from Winnipeg, Manitoba. The 6'0, 186 pound, right-handed shooting defenceman appeared in 32 games for the Rebels last season. He posted 2 goals and 5 points to go along with 10 PIMs. He also appeared in 8 games with the Rebels during the 2011-12 season, putting up 2 points and 2 PIMs.
Sutter leaves Saskatoon after spending 3 full seasons with the team after being selected 42nd overall in the 2008 WHL Bantam Draft by the Blades. He appeared in 220 regular season games, scoring 45 goals and putting up 103 points along with 520 PIMs.
The Saskatoon Blades would like to welcome Kevin Pochuk and his family to the organizational, while also wishing Lukas Sutter the best of luck going forward.

http://www.whl.ca/article/rebels-acquire-lukas-sutter-from-blades

Cool for the Rebels, think he'll play any games? Pochuk was a good kid though. Best of luck, Kevin.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Giants draft Dmitri Osipov a 6'3" 190lb dman, sounds like a good player if he comes over as he was drafted 1st in the KHL draft.

Hordichuk_24

VANCOUVER, BC - The Vancouver Giants have traded 20 year-old forward Riley Kieser to the Edmonton Oil Kings in exchange for a sixth-round pick in the 2014 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Kieser played two seasons with the Giants registering 35 points (13 goals, 22 assists) in 102 regular season games.

http://www.whl.ca/article/oil-kings-acquire-kieser-from-giants

Just an experienced over-ager?

Basically. He had zero chance of sticking with Vancouver as an overager. I'm not even sure he'll be with Edmonton after the overage cut off date.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As you should, the Cougars management group is a joke.

And they continue to be a joke year after year. They really don't give a crap whether or not the team is doing good, just as long as their family is running the team.

Sad.

HometownHockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: