Pre-Game Talk: 2013 Western Conference Final: Kings vs. Blackhawks

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Was McCauley also the one that called the embellishment? Any idea who the series supervisor is?

Here are your series supervisors.
Annex%20-%20Three%20Stooges,%20The_NRFPT_04.jpg

HolyShot*

Does anyone else think that carters gonna have a huge 3rd round? I believe he will.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone else think that carters gonna have a huge 3rd round? I believe he will.

I do. He's getting a lot of chances, Richards keeps sending him on breakaways (2 in game 7) and I think he's gonna bust out. A part of him (just guessing as a Flyers fan) still sees that goal he shot into Niemi's chest with 1 minute left in game 6 of the 2010 SCF with the game tied. He had the whole net.
And I think the Hawks play a whole diff. game than either the Blues or Sharks, he'll have more room.
He usually goes in bunches , gets hot that way , so hopefully when they start, they'll keep coming
And I hope Richards is out against Toewes, Richards has a gift in that he has the ability to irritate his prey right off their game. I saw how Zetterberg got to Toewes in the last series and would love to see Richards do that to him, like he did to Burrows last year and Kessler.
I think that line will have a strong series, Penner is playing really well.
Kings 599 hits so far, Hawks 239- That will be HUGE.
Winning game 1 is critical, takes a bit of pressure off
Go Kings

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I expect Richards to get so far into Toews' head that he sets up a camp site and cooks s'mores for the boys. Toews was exploited by Zetterberg last series and I expect Richards to take over where Z left off. I'm expecting a big series from him and Carter. Not to mention Chicago's center depth is less than stellar versus ours.

Hit them hard and hit them often!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I expect Richards to get so far into Toews' head that he sets up a camp site and cooks s'mores for the boys. Toews was exploited by Zetterberg last series and I expect Richards to take over where Z left off. I'm expecting a big series from him and Carter. Not to mention Chicago's center depth is less than stellar versus ours.

Hit them hard and hit them often!

Lets hope so,

Cause Richards got owned by Toews during the regular season.

Richards was a -7 against Chicago(at even strength).

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
There's a lot of butthurt from people about how the final four are the last four champions. People really should stop *****ing and moaning about the teams in the conference finals and start *****ing at their teams for not making the conference finals. I swear, there's a lot of whiny babys out there.

Ron*

There's a lot of butthurt from people about how the final four are the last four champions. People really should stop *****ing and moaning about the teams in the conference finals and start *****ing at their teams for not making the conference finals. I swear, there's a lot of whiny babys out there.

Why would they be *****ing? It is what it is. Those are the teams that each won eight games to get here. I am not understanding the concept of why people ***** when these teams have earned the right this season to move on.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Why would they be *****ing? It is what it is. Those are the teams that each won eight games to get here. I am not understanding the concept of why people ***** when these teams have earned the right this season to move on.

Agreed, but they are saying some of the stuff like last year. "These teams are boring," or I wanted to see other teams than the same four champions over the past four years, yadda yadda yadda. Like I said, just a lot of whining. I thought that attitude was limited to the main forums, but found similar comments on NHL.com. :shakehead

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Agreed, but they are saying some of the stuff like last year. "These teams are boring," or I wanted to see other teams than the same four champions over the past four years, yadda yadda yadda. Like I said, just a lot of whining. I thought that attitude was limited to the main forums, but found similar comments on NHL.com. :shakehead
The people saying that are all fans of teams that got knocked out, so that's why there is so much crying. Those types of people will do it every year unless their team is still in the hunt.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal

Whats funny about that is this the Kings second trip to this round in how long?? its not the "same 4"...we're a new edition technically. I guess we've already worn out our welcome, we won the cup that should be good enough.

good thing a lot of these KIDS wernt alive during the dynasty era's...they would have lost it seeing teams like the Islanders and Oilers win consecutive Stanley Cups.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'm fine with seeing certain teams over and over again in the WCF and SCF, as long as one of them is the Kings.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
LAKingsInsider.com
May 31 practice lines (Looks like maybe STOLL is back ?)

Brown – Kopitar – Williams
Penner – Richards – Carter
King – Stoll – Lewis – Toffoli
Clifford – Fraser – Richardson – Nolan

Regehr – Doughty
Scuderi – Voynov
Muzzin – Greene
Martinez – Ellerby

Quick
Jones

-Jonathan Bernier did not take the ice.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Smart move, imo--that first line is scary with Bickell banging around opportunities.

Then again, taking him off the lower lines may be smart. Looks like they're trying to create mismatches amongst the whole lineup. I don't want that 4th line even looking at ours from the locker room :laugh:

Bickell will be all over Quick.
Man they have depth at the wings. Hopefully we take control of faceoffs to keep the puck away from them.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Bickell will be all over Quick.
Man they have depth at the wings. Hopefully we take control of faceoffs to keep the puck away from them.

We will find out if centers are more important than wingers.

Kopitar-Richards-Stoll vs. Toews-Handzus-Shaw

I still like the Kings chances if Stoll is back in the lineup.

Lines today were Hossa-Toews-Bickell, Kane-Handzus-Sharp, Stalberg-Shaw-Saad, Frolik-Bolland-Kruger.
— ESPN Chicago (@ESPNChiHawks) May 31, 2013

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
LAKingsInsider.com
May 31 practice lines (Looks like maybe STOLL is back ?)

Brown – Kopitar – Williams
Penner – Richards – Carter
King – Stoll – Lewis – Toffoli
Clifford – Fraser – Richardson – Nolan

Regehr – Doughty
Scuderi – Voynov
Muzzin – Greene
Martinez – Ellerby

Quick
Jones

-Jonathan Bernier did not take the ice.

That is what I expected, happy to see the end of the ridiculous Clifford experiment with Kopitar. Never again DS.

King- Stoll- Lewis will hopefully return to where they were in March

Happy that Richie is still in the lineup, I thought he played really well against SJ.

Only gripe would be that I'd rather have Richie on the LW and Toffoli in on the 4th line, but I never realistically expected DS to sit his favorite player for a 20 year old rookie.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

I'm usually seeing plenty of opinions that there should be the same teams going deep in the playoffs all the time. Detroit, Colorado, Edmonton and Montreal back in the day, etc. Usually backed up by no cap and big market teams should be able to spend whatever on whoever.

Whatever it is, it's sounds like it's something unique. I'm not sure there's ever been a year where the last 4 champs have made the conference finals in the 5th year. Or the last 4 different champs over any amount of years making the conference finals in the same year.

There's some novelty, some parity, a little dynastic-ish quality to it. A little something for everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad