2013 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I swear to god it feels like the ref has only called one foul against LA and like 20 against us.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I hate the LA Galaxy. If those handballs were against us you know the ref would call it. **** Bruce Arena and his favoritism from the league.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Anybody remember the last LA Galaxy game where the goal was called offside and then it was changed to a goal?! I've never seen a call overturned like that before in any league, even when they get it wrong...but that's the LA Galaxy for you. We just got galaxy'd again.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Anybody remember the last LA Galaxy game where the goal was called offside and then it was changed to a goal?! I've never seen that before in any league...but that's the LA Galaxy for you. We just got galaxy'd again.

Somebody go on Urban Dictionary and create that term. It fits perfectly.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
Well what are you gonna do in a league that is desperately trying to gain traction in the international stage. Only makes sense for them to give a slight advantage to its biggest markets.

Still a joke.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Pretty underwhelming game. Save of the year may have cost the Whitecaps a playoff spot (hopefully not, in the end).

Refereeing was poor, but the 'Caps had their chances to take one or three points from this game and blew it.

I also never want to see Reo-Coker touch the ball in the opposition penalty box ever again.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Exciting and competitive game. LA looked the better organized but the Caps gave it a good, even if not at all times coordinated, effort.

Manneh again showed promise and must be played. Also, liked the play of Tiebert and mostly of Koffie

Mattocks looked completely out of sync with his teammates and was way too prone to run himself out of the play and seemed easily discouraged. His soccer intelligence and fortitude needs to be questioned. If they can move him (given the number of other young options) then that must be considered.

I think that it is evident that Watson has nothing like the skill or vision needed at this level and Koby continues to cement the view that he is entirely useless. Those who were bent out of shape by earlier criticisms of Koby need to fess out that they were flat out wrong about this player. This leaves a huge hole in the mid-field that needs to be addressed. Really the Caps have very little at all in the mid-field. Coker provides some running with the ball but seems unable to have much control over movement of the ball. Same could be said for Koffie.

Result is that the team continues to play long balls from the back hopping to get the right bounce.

Again not impressed with Miller. Gets gassed very easily and is nothing like a continuous factor in the game. Makes the occasional tricky play but often just too slow to take advantage of situations. Believe there is no way you bring back Miller unless he is willing to take a much reduced salary. They need that cap space to go out and get some legit mid-field players. Moreover, they have some younger players that need to be given opportunity.

OB was weak today (got to cut him some slack because he is coming off injury) and you wonder if Mitchell should be played over him. Mitchell has some long term potential and this team needs to develop that.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Exciting and competitive game. LA looked the better organized but the Caps gave it a good, even if not at all times coordinated, effort.

Manneh again showed promise and must be played. Also, liked the play of Tiebert and mostly of Koffie

Mattocks looked completely out of sync with his teammates and was way too prone to run himself out of the play and seemed easily discouraged. His soccer intelligence and fortitude needs to be questioned. If they can move him (given the number of other young options) then that must be considered.

I think that it is evident that Watson has nothing like the skill or vision needed at this level and Koby continues to cement the view that he is entirely useless. Those who were bent out of shape by earlier criticisms of Koby need to fess out that they were flat out wrong about this player. This leaves a huge hole in the mid-field that needs to be addressed. Really the Caps have very little at all in the mid-field. Coker provides some running with the ball but seems unable to have much control over movement of the ball. Same could be said for Koffie.

Result is that the team continues to play long balls from the back hopping to get the right bounce.

Again not impressed with Miller. Gets gassed very easily and is nothing like a continuous factor in the game. Makes the occasional tricky play but often just too slow to take advantage of situations. Believe there is no way you bring back Miller unless he is willing to take a much reduced salary. They need that cap space to go out and get some legit mid-field players. Moreover, they have some younger players that need to be given opportunity.

OB was weak today (got to cut him some slack because he is coming off injury) and you wonder if Mitchell should be played over him. Mitchell has some long term potential and this team needs to develop that.

Agree with your assessment of the club. The Caps were playing, for the most part, a long-ball game hoping to break open the Galaxy D with a precise strike. Hard to pull off with the players we have. The ref did not help matters, however.

As for the midfield, it is non-existent. It is the most important part of the pitch because it is the fulcrum of team defense and offense. We have no one that can control the game in that regard and need to find someone for next season.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
1) I hate jordan harvey, just finish it cmon, man!!!!!!!!

2) ball played the hand.

I've seen it called before, and you can see that is arm was out horizontally from his side. Also you see him move his arm back in once the ball hit hi arm, so he knows it's there. Refs call those sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad