2013 Subway Super Series

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
May as well get the ball rolling on this topic as it is fast approaching. QMJHL roster named today:

GARDIENS
Auger, Sébastien
Fucale, Zachary

DÉFENSEURS
Vanier, Alexis (BAC)
Fournier, Dillon (ROU)
Graves, Ryan (CHA)
Weegar, MacKenzie (HAL)
Hachè, Justin (CAP)
Morin, Samuel (RIM)
Walcott, Daniel (BLB)

ATTAQUANTS
Mantha, Anthony (VDO)
Hudon, Charles (CHI)
Roy, Marc-Olivier (BLB)
Duclair, Anthony (QUE)
Deluca, Anthony (RIM)
Girard, Félix (BAC)
Gauthier, Frédérik (RIM)
Dauphin, Laurent (CHI)
Drouin, Jonathan (HAL)
Carrier, William (CAP)
Gregoire, Jeremy (BAC)
Audette, Daniel (SHE)
Clapperton, Christopher (BLB)
Poirier, Émile (GAT)

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Nice to see Walcott made it, he's pretty awesome. Surprised Dea isn't on the team, I think he should have been.

Will be a nice team to watch, looking forward for the games.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
One of the strongest Q teams in the recent past. Last year had a great first-line but far less depth.

D is obvious weak link though not as bad as some other years.

D isn't all that bad. Morin is great and was given a long look by the Flyers and Fournier could challenge for team Canada. That's your first pair.

Weegar and Walcott are quite unknown but vastly underrated, two really great performers this season in the Q.

Vanier is knowing a great season as well while Graves and Haché are quite solid. I think the D is just fine but perhaps missing a HUGE name like some of those OHL and WHL teams will have.

I still think this Subway Series is quite boring/useless... but whatever if the Canada brass thinks it can evaluate talent during an all-star game...

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
D isn't all that bad. Morin is great and was given a long look by the Flyers and Fournier could challenge for team Canada. That's your first pair.

Weegar and Walcott are quite unknown but vastly underrated, two really great performers this season in the Q.

Vanier is knowing a great season as well while Graves and Haché are quite solid. I think the D is just fine but perhaps missing a HUGE name like some of those OHL and WHL teams will have.

I still think this Subway Series is quite boring/useless... but whatever if the Canada brass thinks it can evaluate talent during an all-star game...

when i first saw the list my thought was that this team is very good with defence looking like a no name variety, but you are correct on the allstar game mentality.Anyway, i enjoy watching it and taking it for what it is. A good chance to see players from other leagues and put a face to the names. Glad Carrier got a shot.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Erie Otters ‏@ErieOtters 15m
Congrats to Adam Pelech, Connor Brown, and Connor McDavid on being selected to Team #OHL for the #SubwaySeries!

Well that's three players for Team OHL.

butter sheep*

I can't wait for the Super Series! Was hoping to pick up tickets this Sunday for the game in Oshawa (OHL). Crossing my fingers they aren't sold out. :hyper:

butter sheep*

I hope McDavid plays in both games but I really hope he plays in the game I get tickets to (Oshawa). My luck he'll be playing the second game in Sudbury. :pullhair:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Mike Stubbs ‏@stubbs1290cjbk 3m
Josh Anderson, Max Domi, and Bo Horvat of the @GoLondonKnights named to Team #OHL for Subway Super Series...

Former prof of mine and voice of the London Knights. He's reliable.

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
OHL Roster

Daniel Altshuller (Oshawa)
Matt Murray (Sault Ste. Marie) *
Jake Paterson (Saginaw)

Chris Bigras (Owen Sound) *
Joshua Brown (Oshawa) *
Trevor Carrick (Mississauga)
Aaron Ekblad (Barrie) *
Matt Finn (Guelph)
Slater Koekkoek (Windsor)
Darnell Nurse (Sault Ste. Marie) *
Adam Pelech (Erie) *

Josh Anderson (London) *
Nick Baptiste (Sudbury)
Sam Bennett (Kingston)
Connor Brown (Erie) *
Mathew Campagna (Sudbury)
Michael dal Colle (Oshawa)
Max Domi (London) *
Brendan Gaunce (Belleville) *
Bo Horvat (London) *
Scott Kosmachuk (Guelph)
Scott Laughton (Oshawa) *
Connor McDavid (Erie) *
Brock McGinn (Guelph)
Zach Nastasiuk (Owen Sound)
Ryan Rupert (London)
Kerby Rychel (Windsor)
Chris Tierney (London)
Carter Verhaeghe (Niagara)

* means player plays in both games

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
OHL Roster

Daniel Altshuller (Oshawa)
Matt Murray (Sault Ste. Marie) *
Jake Paterson (Saginaw)

Chris Bigras (Owen Sound) *
Joshua Brown (Oshawa) *
Trevor Carrick (Mississauga)
Aaron Ekblad (Barrie) *
Matt Finn (Guelph)
Slater Koekkoek (Windsor)
Darnell Nurse (Sault Ste. Marie) *
Adam Pelech (Erie) *

Josh Anderson (London) *
Nick Baptiste (Sudbury)
Sam Bennett (Kingston)
Connor Brown (Erie) *
Mathew Campagna (Sudbury)
Michael dal Colle (Oshawa)
Max Domi (London) *
Brendan Gaunce (Belleville) *
Bo Horvat (London) *
Scott Kosmachuk (Guelph)
Scott Laughton (Oshawa) *
Connor McDavid (Erie) *
Brock McGinn (Guelph)
Zach Nastasiuk (Owen Sound)
Ryan Rupert (London)
Kerby Rychel (Windsor)
Chris Tierney (London)
Carter Verhaeghe (Niagara)

* means player plays in both games

Wow, that D looks great!

I wish they could make this into a big tournament and have the WHL, OHL, QMJHL all play each other too! (with Russia, of course!)

butter sheep*

Ok now I gotta get tickets for that team OHL game in Oshawa. That roster is stacked.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
The QMJHL defense isn't as "poor" as some people may think. Not a lot of "sexy" names, but that's actually exceptional compared to some years.

Morin, Fournier and Weegar can really play... Weegar had a fantastic Memorial Cup last year and may have played the best of any D-man not named Pouliot in the entire tournament.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Weegar is better than Jones, Matta, Wotherspoon, etc, etc... But a lot of people thought he outplayed those guys last year in the Memorial Cup...

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
That OHL roster is exceptionally deep! Might have to make the trip to Sudbury to watch them play. I'll definitely be in Gatineau for the Game 1!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Ok now I gotta get tickets for that team OHL game in Oshawa. That roster is stacked.

That OHL roster is exceptionally deep! Might have to make the trip to Sudbury to watch them play. I'll definitely be in Gatineau for the Game 1!

If you follow both OHL teams on twitter, they will be doing giveaways on tickets leading up to the game.

Was in on the media conference call after the press conference.

Some quotes here http://ohlwriters.com/articles/ohl-announces-2013-subway-super-series-rosters

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Nice to see my buddy Carrick making the OHL squadron. That team is extremely deep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad