OT: 2013 Sparty Award! Nomination Thread

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
If everyone is up for this, let the nominating begin! You can also suggest awards you would like to see and they will be discussed!

Best poster -
Best thread -
Best avatars -
Best Signature -
Most dedicated -
Funniest poster -
Best GDT/Maker -
Prospect expert -
Nicest poster -
Smartest Poster -
Most improved Poster -
Most underrated Poster -
Best trade proposal Poster -
Others (?) Please post what you'd like to see.

Last edited:

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I thought The Waffler ran this every year in August...

Maybe I mis-remembered (Note, the word "mis-remembered" is copyrighted by Roger Clemens and may not be used without his written permission"

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I thought The Waffler ran this every year in August...

Maybe I mis-remembered (Note, the word "mis-remembered" is copyrighted by Roger Clemens and may not be used without his written permission"

Negative. I ran it last year. Just got a huge lack of help from the posters who nominated posts for "posts of the year" etc.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Then fire er up again.

The problem with post of the year though is it is hard to remember.

So are you just going to open up nomination threads for each category or something?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'd say.

#1 Best Avatar
#2 Best Thread
#3 Best GDT Maker
#4 Nicest Poster
#5 Funniest Poster
#6 Smartest Poster
#7 Most improved poster
#8 Most dedicated poster
#9 Prospect Expert
#10 Best poster

In that order.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Okay, so;

Best poster
Best thread[?] (could take a while for people to look into it)
Best avatar
Best Signature
Most dedicated
Funniest poster
Best GDT/Maker
Prospect expert
Nicest poster
Smartest Poster
Most improved Poster

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What do the winners get? An all expenses paid vacation to any destination of your choice? :win:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I feel like we should have a "Most interesting poster" award. A few posters come to mind who I enjoy reading, even if I wouldn't class them in with "Best," "Nicest," "Funniest," "Smartest," "Most improved," or "Most dedicated."

Also, we've had best mod historically. Should we keep it?

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I feel like we should have a "Most interesting poster" award. A few posters come to mind who I enjoy reading, even if I wouldn't class them in with "Best," "Nicest," "Funniest," "Smartest," "Most improved," or "Most dedicated."

Yes and yes (I hope).

Although I love all our mods, they all hold a dear place in my heart. When I think of kind, generous people, I think of our mods. Always there for us. Always looking to make the world a better place. Always looking to help out others in need.

Also, let's put a deadline on nominations. Is August 1st too long? Or earlier?

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa

Only awards I have a shot a winning, please!
But Manked's sarcasm is the best kind of sarcasm. :(

Yes and yes (I hope).

Although I love all our mods, they all hold a dear place in my heart. When I think of kind, generous people, I think of our mods. Always there for us. Always looking to make the world a better place. Always looking to help out others in need.

Also, let's put a deadline on nominations. Is August 1st too long? Or earlier?

Okay you two... There's no "Suck up" award, you can't stop now ;)

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I will be releasing my nominations for as many as 4 posters per category. I will be releasing 1 category of my nominations per hour between the hours of 8:30 - 4:30 until the categories have been filled.

To start of, here are my nominations for the best Avatar.

Bonktastic
image.php

Just fits. You see that? A ****ing #76 Bonk? Tells you all you need to know. Bonk lover, jersey lover, just a nice guy. He moved to INDO-****ING-NESIA just so we could have moderators in the night

HockeyAllTheWay (AKA HAWT)
image.php

Just a solid avy. I'm guessing it's a .png which just shows the extra dedication.

Danishh
image.php

More .png, and just nicely photoshopped

EDIT: Conspiracy, looks like Danishh might not have a .png. Looks like he eye-droppered the background and might've just gone with regular .jpeg. Not impressed. Still deserves a nomination

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I will be releasing my nominations for as many as 4 posters per category. I will be releasing 1 category of my nominations per hour between the hours of 8:30 - 4:30 until the categories have been filled.

To start of, here are my nominations for the best Avatar.

Bonktastic
image.php

Just fits. You see that? A ****ing #76 Bonk? Tells you all you need to know. Bonk lover, jersey lover, just a nice guy. He moved to INDO-****ING-NESIA just so we could have moderators in the night

HockeyAllTheWay (AKA HAWT)
image.php

Just a solid avy. I'm guessing it's a .png which just shows the extra dedication.

Danishh
image.php

More .png, and just nicely photoshopped

EDIT: Conspiracy, looks like Danishh might not have a .png. Looks like he eye-droppered the background and might've just gone with regular .jpeg. Not impressed. Still deserves a nomination

Any and all credit for the avatar I'm currently sporting should be redirected to McFist. He put it together and did a great job, but when he decided to wear a new image I asked him if I could rock this one and he readily agreed. Fantastic effort on it, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad