2013 Southeast Division Discussion

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Thought that since we are somewhat still in the race, I'd start a thread. The fun starts this weekend, with these being the favorable match-ups:

Saturday:
Philadelphia vs Winnipeg
Tampa Bay vs NY Islanders
NY Rangers vs Carolina
Washington vs Florida

I feel like there's a good chance that 3/4 of these games go our way. The Islanders will be a tough match-up for us, but both Winnipeg and Carolina are facing two teams that are heating up.

Sunday:
Tampa Bay vs Washington

Pretty much the pivotal game for us. Both teams are on the tail end of a back-to-back. If Bishop is rested on Saturday and starts this game I think we have a great chance to come away with 2 points in regulation.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
The division is surely within our reach. We have had so many 1-2 goal losses its not even funny. If Bishop can be a better goalie than Garon/Lindback I think its doable. We absolutely have to beat the Caps in both games though.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
If we win both games on the weekend and Washington loses to Florida on Saturday, we can move in to the 3rd seed in the East (and hopefully hold it).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If we win both games on the weekend and Washington loses to Florida on Saturday, we can move in to the 3rd seed in the East (and hopefully hold it).

That would be...

Holy **** this division sucks this year. Oh well, may as well benefit from it.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Jets beat Flyers 4-1.

That's good IMO. All this talk about the division, which is great, but a win tonight and a NYR loss and a NJD loss tonight puts up within 4 points of the 7th and 8th spots as well!

For me I'm rooting for those two loses and then obviously a Caps loss.

That would give is 3 playoff spots up for grabs within 4 points with games in hand on just about everyone. And also keeps the division lead within 4 PTs to Winnipeg but we would have 3 games in hand.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I'd say the ship has sailed guys.....with all these away games coming up and the way we played tonight with the season on the line, it ain't happening.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Looks like it will be an interesting draft at least.

Maybe I should change this into a tanking thread. I remember us doing a standings thread in 2010 and it also eventually turned into a race to the bottom type of thread :laugh:

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I mean, there are a lot of games to go, and we're still six points out with a game in hand with two games against the caps. It's doable. We weren't going to run the table. It just sucks we couldn't squeeze a point out of that game at least.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Hopefully Cooper wears their ***** out. This has been a pretty ****** effort for anyone not between the pipes the past two nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad