2013 Season Columbus Blue Jacket Team Appreciation Thread!!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
It's probably fruitless to try and find the moment that the franchise turned itself around. We're also assuming it has. Only time will tell if this year was an apparition. I don't think it was, however the players have to prove it. They have to come in just as hungry as they ended the season. Some easy victories at the beginning of the season could give them a false impression of what they need to do to win and let some bad habits creep in.

It's probably easier to figure out when we hit rock bottom.

We don't know what adding Nationwide as a minority owner did, for example. Did that change the dynamic and/or direction of the majority owner? Did the Carter trade and Wiz signings give them some lessons learned? I could go on and on.

It was a little gradual, but we seemed to move from mismanaged to looking and acting more like a professional hockey organization. Personally I think that started before Nash asking for a trade.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
It's probably fruitless to try and find the moment that the franchise turned itself around. We're also assuming it has. Only time will tell if this year was an apparition. I don't think it was, however the players have to prove it. They have to come in just as hungry as they ended the season. Some easy victories at the beginning of the season could give them a false impression of what they need to do to win and let some bad habits creep in.

We don't know what adding Nationwide as a minority owner did, for example. Did that change the dynamic and/or direction of the majority owner? Did the Carter trade and Wiz signings give them some lessons learned? I could go on and on.

It was a little gradual, but we seemed to move from mismanaged to looking and acting more like a professional hockey organization. Personally I think that started before Nash asking for a trade.

Bolded is a very good point and I don't think it's a bit negative to consider it. Many things factor into a climate change for a large organization and it rarely is quick or smooth. I think we can expect a few more false steps and stumbles along the way to relevancy. Whenever it began, I feel confident that some of the necessary pieces are now in place to effect the kind of progress we've all hoped for over the past decade, or so. At least we can now have a reasonable expectation that there is a plan in place to get where we want them to be. Whether it will succeed or not remains unknown, but I'm looking forward to watching it unfold.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

We certainly have reason to be cautious, but at the same time giddy optimism.. Although I think the apparent transition has been the result of many factors if there are single events of significance I would pick the trading of Rick Nash and the hiring of John Davidson… not just simply the hiring of Davidson by the way but the creation of the position “President of Hockey Operations” as well.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We certainly have reason to be cautiously optimistic.. Although I think the apparent transition has been the result of many factors if there are single events of significance I would pick the trading of Rick Nash and the hiring of John Davidson… not just simply the hiring of Davidson by the way but the creation of the position “President of Hockey Operations” as well.

Here I helped you in the annoying way that other people do it.

Yeah, we have no idea what changed minds. Dart board consensus is meaningless. You might has well just do a poll. I'm trying to tell you it might be far more complex than the simplistic approach of trying to find the exact cause of the apparent turnaround. It's about as pointless as trying to find "the problem".

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Here I helped you in the annoying way that other people do it.

Yeah, we have no idea what changed minds. Dart board consensus is meaningless. You might has well just do a poll. I'm trying to tell you it might be far more complex than the simplistic approach of trying to find the exact cause of the apparent turnaround. It's about as pointless as trying to find "the problem".

Good luck with this. I said the same a page ago and no one listened to me either.;)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Funny how people choose to read what they want and ignore comprehension...

"Although I think the apparent transition has been the result of many factors" (as in many factors)

Stop....

"if" (as in if I had to say) "there are single events of significance I would pick the trading of Rick Nash and the hiring of John Davidson… "

I chose to read what I want? But here you're the one telling me to stop reading before your post is finished! I read your entire post.

Lighten up, Rob. I put a smilie in there to be clear I was just funnin'.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I chose to read what I want? But here you're the one telling me to stop reading before your post is finished! I read your entire post.

Lighten up, Rob. I put a smilie in there to be clear I was just funnin'.

Now I know, :shakehead

As for the stop DSL, I was using it as in they did in the old days of telegrams.... (not to stop you from reading) ;)

Native Buddha

May 28, 2013
Rhode Island
Very good effort this year. Not the greatest team but they made that final push towards the playoffs. Yeah, came up short because they didn't get help from some other teams in the standings but overall it was a decent season!

Looking forward to some CBJ hockey next season.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You guys deserved it, and I have faith that if the NHL decided to do it baseball style where one extra game was used as a tiebreaker to see who gets into the playoffs, you guys would have defeated Minnesota in that final game. You deserved it more so than the underachieving Wild who got blown out by Edmonton in the second-to-last game of the season, and then barely beat the ****ing Avalanche in their game to choose whether they get into the playoffs.

You guys would have had a legit shot at Chicago. I truly believe you would have beaten them.

If I could have picked one team in the league to have owned the Sharks this year like you guys did, I would have picked you guys. I just wish you won one more game. But you will make it to the playoffs next year, that I guarantee. If my team is eliminated or doesn't make the playoffs, I truly do hope with my heart that the team that wins the cup next year is a team that didn't make the playoffs this year.

Good luck guys. Ps Ryan Murray is awesome

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
You guys deserved it, and I have faith that if the NHL decided to do it baseball style where one extra game was used as a tiebreaker to see who gets into the playoffs, you guys would have defeated Minnesota in that final game. You deserved it more so than the underachieving Wild who got blown out by Edmonton in the second-to-last game of the season, and then barely beat the ****ing Avalanche in their game to choose whether they get into the playoffs.

You guys would have had a legit shot at Chicago. I truly believe you would have beaten them.

If I could have picked one team in the league to have owned the Sharks this year like you guys did, I would have picked you guys. I just wish you won one more game. But you will make it to the playoffs next year, that I guarantee. If my team is eliminated or doesn't make the playoffs, I truly do hope with my heart that the team that wins the cup next year is a team that didn't make the playoffs this year.

Good luck guys. Ps Ryan Murray is awesome

Thanks, TG88, I was pulling for another win from your boys, last game, too!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad