• 191 Kubalik LA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So over SEVEN years have past since the 2013 draft, many beauties from this class, so lets reRank the 1st round. This is who is the best, not to match teams needs or anything like that. Lemme know if ya want someone added or think Ive missed! :)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm a Detroit fan, but I'm just saying if Tyler Bertuzzi is on a list with players like Mack and Barkov he might as well not be listed, even if he is a huge riser in hindsight
I thought about that approach, but figured that after the first few therell be a ton a guys coming up and might as well already be on the lists, also allows oyhers to suggest others ive missed so by the times guys like Bertuzzi are considered there all there

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Drouin was drafted 3OA? Yzerman sure fixed that mistake quick, didn’t he? Pretty good top 10, sans Drouin.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Drouin was drafted 3OA? Yzerman sure fixed that mistake quick, didn’t he? Pretty good top 10, sans Drouin.

Drouin was probably the most skilled prospect in the draft at the time. He felt like a perfect fit going to Tampa to replace St. Louis on Stamkos’ wing

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Drouin was probably the most skilled prospect in the draft at the time. He felt like a perfect fit going to Tampa to replace St. Louis on Stamkos’ wing
Agreed, but it’s seven years later. Re-draft with what we know know (I’m thinking that’s the point of this thread?) and Drouin is the man out of the top ten.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Agreed, but it’s seven years later. Re-draft with what we know know (I’m thinking that’s the point of this thread?) and Drouin is the man out of the top ten.
I know what the point of a re-draft is. You seemed shocked that Drouin was drafted so high, so I was just explaining that it made perfect sense at the time.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I know what the point of a re-draft is. You seemed shocked that Drouin was drafted so high, so I was just explaining that it made perfect sense at the time.
I think in most drafts there’s a player or two taken in the top three (or five) who we look back and wonder why. Drouin is clearly “that guy” in the 2013 draft class. It shows just how the drafting of 18 year old players can result in some terrible mistakes made in those top picks.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

He definitely was that skilled - like the most pure skill prospect in awhile - but it felt a bit odd Drouin (being a winger) going ahead of Jones.

Jones was neck & neck with Mackinnon all year, even ahead for a large part of if.

FLA taking Barkov was understandable as he had #1C upside too, but to pass on Jones for a winger, even one as skilled as Drouin.. Boy.

Although Tbay just won the cup with Sergachev, so can't knock em too much I suppose.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
He definitely was that skilled - like the most pure skill prospect in awhile - but it felt a bit odd Drouin (being a winger) going ahead of Jones.

Jones was neck & neck with Mackinnon all year, even ahead for a large part of if.

FLA taking Barkov was understandable as he had #1C upside too, but to pass on Jones for a winger, even one as skilled as Drouin.. Boy.

Although Tbay just won the cup with Sergachev, so can't knock em too much I suppose.

When Colorado won the lottery I was actually expecting them to take Jones 1st until they came out and announced they were going to take MacKinnon. At that point I expected Jones to go 2nd to Florida.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad