Prospect Info: 2013 *Realistic Draft Prospects Info Compilation

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
If we didn't already have Gryba, Cowen, Boro, Sdao, etc in the system/young guys on the team I'd be all over Morin.

At this point we need offence though. We've done a good job of stocking up on these kinds of players in the past few drafts.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
If we didn't already have Gryba, Cowen, Boro, Sdao, etc in the system/young guys on the team I'd be all over Morin.

At this point we need offence though. We've done a good job of stocking up on these kinds of players in the past few drafts.

if Pulock, Domi, Horvat, Lazar are gone, Im willing to trade down and get a late 1st, and 2nd. I would draft Morin.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I'd even rather a guy like Petan over Morin personally. I wanna go for a home run offensive player.

Petan scares me away just cause of his size 5' 9". I know hes dynamic at the CHL level but I dont think he will be that force in the Pros.

Petan would be a good pick, in the 2nd or 3rd round. A 1st rounder i'd be dissapointed.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Petan scares me away just cause of his size 5' 9". I know hes dynamic at the CHL level but I dont think he will be that force in the Pros.

Petan would be a good pick, in the 2nd or 3rd round. A 1st rounder i'd be dissapointed.

He was more of an extreme example of what I'd rather over a Morin type player. I just don't think he's what we need. I'd even rather Mantha then Morin and I'm no Mantha fan. I just really think we need to add a potential offensive game breaker. Not a defensive expert.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

We will draft bpa.. Not on need.. We always do

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
This year I will disagree. There is clearly something we need to add and it's not a defensive defenceman. When you have a great prospect pool, once in a while you can draft for need. This is one of those years.

Except the player we draft won't realistically be ready for another 2 or 3 years. Our roster could be very different by then

Also a prospect pool doesn't really have 'needs' :s we have solid players in each position

Anyways I still think we move the pick for a top 6 forward

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
When you lack a potential elite offensive player, then yes, prospect pools can have needs. Scoring goals will never go out of style no matter how much the team changes and he need to add offence to the system.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
When you lack a potential elite offensive player, then yes, prospect pools can have needs. Scoring goals will never go out of style no matter how much the team changes and he need to add offence to the system.

We have offence... Silverberg, stone, zibby, Pageau, Prince, puemple and even noesen bring offense

Not all are one dimensional scorers like say puemple and prince but they all bring potential top 6 forward offence

If u want an elite player then u probably need to pick in the top 5 of this draft. You are right a team can never ha e enough elite players.

My point is 3 years down the line a purely offensive player not be our biggest need.

Just go bpa as we will

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
We have offence... Silverberg, stone, zibby, Pageau, Prince, puemple and even noesen bring offense

Not all are one dimensional scorers like say puemple and prince but they all bring potential top 6 forward offence

If u want an elite player then u probably need to pick in the top 5 of this draft. You are right a team can never ha e enough elite players.

My point is 3 years down the line a purely offensive player not be our biggest need.

Just go bpa as we will

You're not gonna convince me so save your breath. We'll agree to disagree.

If we don't go with someone with some major offensive potential and go with a defensive player, Im gona be pissed.

WhiteLight*

If we don't go with someone with some major offensive potential and go with a defensive player, Im gona be pissed.

Yep.

Also why I'm not too keen on Lazar.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

every player Murray has taken in the first round for ottawa has had offensive upside

(job doesn't count)

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
every player Murray has taken in the first round for ottawa has had offensive upside

(job doesn't count)

Guys like Noesen and Zibby are 2 way forwards. Puempel has really been the only pure offensive player we've taken lately and it's still up in the air whether his development in the OHL has hurt him as a prospect. I want a Burakovsky, Zykov, Domi, etc. Even a Mantha. A Guy who had the ability to be an offensive game breaker. This draft is pretty deep in terms of offensive potential players.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Guys like Noesen and Zibby are 2 way forwards. Puempel has really been the only pure offensive player we've taken lately and it's still up in the air whether his development in the OHL has hurt him as a prospect. I want a Burakovsky, Zykov, Domi, etc. Even a Mantha. A Guy who had the ability to be an offensive game breaker. This draft is pretty deep in terms of offensive potential players.

I wouldn't mind those guys either they can be a steal
Except maybe zykov I just don't like our luck with Russians :p

Another one is Kerby rychel

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Lee was just saying on the TEAM that Murray has said with the prospect pool we have we're getting to a point where we can start drafting for need. So what I was saying pretty much :naughty:

AJ says he think's we will definitely go for an offensive player.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lee was just saying on the TEAM that Murray has said with the prospect pool we have we're getting to a point where we can start drafting for need. So what I was saying pretty much :naughty:

AJ says he think's we will definitely go for an offensive player.

Interesting

I think it is the perfect draft where teams will want our pick and might overpay for it :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wenberg looks really promising.

Silfverberg - Zibanejad - Wenberg

It would be Wennberg - Zibanejad - Silfverberg FWIW. :P

Yep.

Also why I'm not too keen on Lazar.

What don't you like about Lazar's offensive upside. He's had his struggles, but he's shown a ton of offensive potential in his career including breaking records held by hockey superstars.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
we should also be looking at guys with real outspoken leadership qualities. something i think might be lacking right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad