2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 3

Gensfan9

Mar 20, 2012
What can you guys tell be about Barrie's first rounder Matthew Kreis?

You are going to love him! I have been high on this kid. He may work out to be a steal at 15 imo. Give him some time to fill out

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
There was some talk that on here about Jordan MacLean, and I think one poster even said he could be a late first round pick. He never ended up being drafted though.

I am just curious to why a kid falls off like that? I know it happens all the time. I have particular interest in him because he a boy from Peterborough and being from Peterborough its always nice to see hometown boys get drafted.

Eligable next season :)

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Lizotte possibly stral of draft at 25? Immediate impact next season as a 2nd rounder? What do you think Mapleleaf

Gensfan9

Mar 20, 2012
Peterborough deserves an A++. The first 4 selections for the Petes were golden. Spencer, Lizzotte, M.Webb and Coyle. Two smart 8th round selections Marino and Brancatella. The 10th round selection Sam Hunter was also good for that round. Savoy in the 12th round is fantastic. Im shocked Savoy fell that far, I believe that is a steal for the Petes. It goes on and on.

Niagara Ice Dogs A+ for there first 3 picks. McCool, Wilkie, Knott.

Don't jump the gun too quick with the rankings. You have to wait a few years. When you select the 4th overall forward in the draft, he better be that game changer. I like what they did after that pick.

Gensfan9

Mar 20, 2012
What's with Craievich falling as far as he did?
I get that he has some issues in his game that he needs to work on, but you can't teach his scoring instincts.
Thought he'd be at least a 2nd rounder..

Also surprised someone didn't take a chance on Adam Sinclair from YSE in the 15th.
Yes, he's incredibly small and already an NCAA commit, but you never know if he'll grow.
If he does, someone probably ends up spending much higher pick on him next year.

There has been way too many names been thrown around and stated this kid is a 2nd, this kid is a 3rd; how do they fall to that round.....Creivich is the one kid that i am very surprised where he fell to. I guess the only answer is that sometimes teams draft based on need and some draft based on the top player on their list. This does result in a pinfall effect.

Gensfan9

Mar 20, 2012
Lizotte possibly stral of draft at 25? Immediate impact next season as a 2nd rounder? What do you think Mapleleaf

I had him ranked a lot higher then some of the D who went before him. Belleville at 18, erie at 21, soo at 22, Saginaw at 23. His falling could quite possibly do to the fact of what center he played in. I can't find any other reason. Here's an example of a team (Petes) drafting the best player available in the first and 2nd round.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
There was some talk that on here about Jordan MacLean, and I think one poster even said he could be a late first round pick. He never ended up being drafted though.

I am just curious to why a kid falls off like that? I know it happens all the time. I have particular interest in him because he a boy from Peterborough and being from Peterborough its always nice to see hometown boys get drafted.

I mentioned Maclean more than once. Quite a few times. I never put him in the first round though. I am SHOCKED that he didnt get drafted. Kids that were selected cant touch MAclean. I dont get it.

Tristan Liggett is another one, very shocking. Big Boy, with impressive backward skating.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

That pick is A+ for the spot. Lizzotte should crack the squad no issue. Im puzzled why Erie choose Saban over Lizzotte. Saban needs to get meaner, something thats hard to teach. I like Dmen, with a nasty edge.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
What does everyone think of the Bulls draft? I personally thought they really dropped the ball here, Lemcke not rated for the first? Bricknell skates terrible? Then they go and grab Assistant coach Jason Supryka's son Josh? Grabbed 2 more goalies, what about Hayden Lavigne? Do they think he wont sign? Not to mention that they took 3 guys from Whitby, were one of Belleville scouts, is the assist coach.

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
Isn't your assistant GM the son of the Whitby coach?

You can never have too many goalies, and the Bulls always seem to find good ones. Subban was the second goalie taken after your 1st round pick Teichman.

ImaBullsfan

Mar 4, 2012
Isn't your assistant GM the son of the Whitby coach?

You can never have too many goalies, and the Bulls always seem to find good ones. Subban was the second goalie taken after your 1st round pick Teichman.
Yes the Whitby coach is OHL commish David Branch, does anyone have a report on Connor Hicks?

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
I mentioned Maclean more than once. Quite a few times. I never put him in the first round though. I am SHOCKED that he didnt get drafted. Kids that were selected cant touch MAclean. I dont get it.

Tristan Liggett is another one, very shocking. Big Boy, with impressive backward skating.

I thought McLean was a 98

dantheleaffan

Feb 26, 2010
What does everyone think of the Bulls draft? I personally thought they really dropped the ball here, Lemcke not rated for the first? Bricknell skates terrible? Then they go and grab Assistant coach Jason Supryka's son Josh? Grabbed 2 more goalies, what about Hayden Lavigne? Do they think he wont sign? Not to mention that they took 3 guys from Whitby, were one of Belleville scouts, is the assist coach.

Taking Bricknell that early maybe wasn't the best choice but you'll just have to see how he pans out im sure he will be fine. I actually like the bulls 4th round choice from whitby Laishram could be a very good player hes small but he has lots of skill, extremely fast skater. I think hes a very underrated player and a great pick up by the Bulls

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I believe there is a 98 MacLean from Peterborough who is quite good, but there is a 97 MacLean. He played on the Marlboros and was suppose to be a fairly early pick this year.

Jordan Maclean(defenseman) is a 1997 born and wears #97. Maclean is from Peterborough. I thought his work ethic was special. I thought he was worth drafting and developing other areas of his game. In my eyes the hardest thing to teach is compete level. U cant make guys compete like Roland Mckeown. I think they are born with this.

Mikey Mcleod(forward) is a 98 born, bantam player, wears #97 as well. He could be #1 for the 2014 Ohl draft.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Can anyone grade the steelheads draft. It obviously begins and ends with Day but does anyone think both Barwell and Gerhart will make the team out of camp. Anything on the other picks. Doef? Gibson? Bastien? Duggan?

GenerationalTalent

Aug 18, 2010
Jordan Maclean(defenseman) is a 1997 born and wears #97. Maclean is from Peterborough. I thought his work ethic was special. I thought he was worth drafting and developing other areas of his game. In my eyes the hardest thing to teach is compete level. U cant make guys compete like Roland Mckeown. I think they are born with this.

Mikey Mcleod(forward) is a 98 born, bantam player, wears #97 as well. He could be #1 for the 2014 Ohl draft.

Yea its too bad, he didn't go. However, I could see with his size and strength that he could end up cracking a Jr.A lineup this year, but I'm no expert.

I think Peterborough's 98 class should be as good as last year's class, if not better, so hopefully we can look forward to some attention and good prospects next year.

Racer14

Always Watching
May 16, 2011
Can anyone grade the steelheads draft. It obviously begins and ends with Day but does anyone think both Barwell and Gerhart will make the team out of camp. Anything on the other picks. Doef? Gibson? Bastien? Duggan?

Great dr4aft imo for them..the first 3 picks will play next year...the forwards should even both be in top 9 roles....lots of holes to plug...good rebuilding year then start the ascent up the standings

Hockeyplayer9723

Jan 31, 2013
You are going to love him! I have been high on this kid. He may work out to be a steal at 15 imo. Give him some time to fill out

The only flaw on kreis is that its easy to get him off his game. If he gets hit then he retaliates and takes a penalty and his mind is gone for the rest of the game.

Racer14

Always Watching
May 16, 2011
Can anyone give me some insight into the Guelph Storm picks? How did they do on draft day?

not bad

McFadden and Craievich are good picks. Some scouts had McFadden in rare air in the first round...both will play next year.

I like the pick of Tyler Boston. He is an interesting player...great wheels and hands but lacks consistency.

I like the pick of Long in the 8th as well...could be some real good value here.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
not bad

McFadden and Craievich are good picks. Some scouts had McFadden in rare air in the first round...both will play next year.

I like the pick of Tyler Boston. He is an interesting player...great wheels and hands but lacks consistency.

I like the pick of Long in the 8th as well...could be some real good value here.

This kid has alot of potential. He grew in height more than almost any minor midget player. His dad is well above 6 feet as well, so Boston could be 6-0 in the very near future. Boston for me is one of the more under-rated players this season. Works his butt off, skates very well. Smart player. Boston for me would have been a top 40 guy if he was 6 feet. I think Guelph did very well. I love some of the mid and later round picks they made.

doogie24

Jan 27, 2009
Ontario
Was Noah Jordan supposed to go a little earlier than he did?

Anyone mind giving a quick recap of Windsor's draft?

Found Werenski to London pretty funny. They would take him... clever, sneaky, and smart those Hunter brothers.

Was nice seeing Vande Sompel taken where he was. Bit of a gamble by Oshawa considering he didn't play very much this year. Good for him.

Mayo at 42 to Erie is interesting. That could pan out nicely.

Thanks to the regular contributors once again. This has to be the best source of "free" info on the age group every year. Hope it continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad