Sign Brad Boyes to a cheap 1 year deal.
mm9-Spezza-Ryan
MacArther-Turris-Boyes
Conacher-Zibanajad-Condra
Greening-smith-Neil
Deadly. Pageau starts the year in bingo

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
How many times do i have to say that we are not likely to go after any more forwards? The only moves that i can see now is a possible trade for a top 4 d or a trade to get rid of the extra forwards that we do not need for picks.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
How many times do i have to say that we are not likely to go after any more forwards? The only moves that i can see now is a possible trade for a top 4 d or a trade to get rid of the extra forwards that we do not need for picks.

Doubt we're trading anyone for picks at this point, because of last year when we were running out of forwards.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Doubt we're trading anyone for picks at this point, because of last year when we were running out of forwards.

We need to though. Especially JOB who seemingly has disappeared. Why waste money on a player we will most likely never see again?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
We need to though. Especially JOB who seemingly has disappeared. Why waste money on a player we will most likely never see again?

I think we'll dump one of O'Brien, DD, Hoffman or Da Costa before training camp. It's either that or lose them to waivers. I know the cupboard is stocked but let's keep it that way.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
“It’s fine,” Rick Valette of Octagon Sports said Wednesday from his office in High River, Alta. “(The Senators) went through free agency, and they had a lot of things going on. We agreed early in July that we’d wait for a week or three and let things settle out.

“We have talked a couple of times, and we are going to move the process along now.

Thank God, I thought they reached an argument or something bad happend inbetween negotiations, great news,, Class Act of an Agent to actually give the gm some time to sort everything out.. :) *shots fired.....

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
The Ottawa Senators would seem the most likely to reach out to MacTavish on Hemsky because they lost right-winger/captain,soul of the franchise Daniel Alfredsson to Detroit when free-agency opened. They also traded Swede Jakob Silfverberg to get Bobby Ryan from Anaheim and might move him to right side from his usual left. After Ryan it’s third-liner Chris Neil, Eric Condra and J. Pageau, and they do have more than $11 million in cap room. But, maybe Sens’ owner Eugene Melnyk wants to save money not spend more.

Who might fit in a Hemsky trade if the Sens called? How about big role playing winger Colin Greening, who only makes $800,000 or so. He’s built like J.F. Jacques and is an excellent third to fourth-liner (he had 19 points in 46 games last year). Former Brandon Wheat Kings sniper Mark Stone, a big winger with nice hands, might be available too although his footspeed needs work

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2013/07/26/what-happens-if-ales-hemsky-is-untradeable/

I love how he speaks to us not wanting to acquire any additional salary, and then suggest a deal where we take on 4.5 million in salary two sentences later.

Oh, bloggers employed by supposedly legitimate publications you so poor.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I think what's most funny about Edmonton is all the leaks coming out involving their team. You recognize for the media and their fans - it's NEVER Edmonton doing the leaking, it's ALWAYS Murray (Heatley incident) or whoever happens to be the GM of the other team involved in the trade and rumors and even Edmonton on their own - making a signing, it gets leaked and apparently Edmonton is totally leakproof anyways.

They also haven't made the playoffs in what, 7 years?

It's like Lowe/McTavish have gold paint, paint something gold while no one is looking and pretend they have the Midas touch. And most people have bought it for some reason...

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
That is a very Garriochduringtheoffseason-esque blog posting. Throw a bunch of darts blindly and hope something sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad