Speculation: 2013 Off-Season Armchair GM thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I know we have the "Sharks next season" thread going, but I feel like with the elimination we need a clean break.

Here's your speculation, trade proposals, cap calculator, do-it-all 2013 off-season thread.

Get 'er going.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
I love rosterbation! Makes losing slightly easier to take for me since I have so much fun doing it.

-I'd consider moving Pavelski.
-I would bring back Torres. I really love what he brings.
-Explore options on Havlat. Tough call.
-I'd have interest in signing Vrbata, Stalberg, and maybe Bozak if Pavelski were traded.
-Burns goes back to D, find Joe another RH shot.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
For real, rosterbation is the only thing that cheers me up from losing.

June 30 can't come quick enough.

FrizzleFry22

Apr 6, 2010
San Jose
Trade all the player !

As stated before we should Neidermayer Stalberg.
Want good Left Handed LD please.

Would consider moving Pavelski, although maybe not I am just frustrated with him.

Boyle I would move while he has value, he was great but we need to start the youth movement.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Rosterbation is good this year because we know something big is more likely to happen.

Just a question here, would you be okay with Phillying it?

Philadelphia traded Jeff Carter and Mike Richards for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, a pick that became Sean Couturier, and Jakub Voracek, and a 2nd round pick.

If we were able to do something like Joe Thornton for Morgan Rielly, and then something else with Patty/Pavelski/Boyle, would you be against it? (Not considering sentimental value, or a desire for Marleau to be a shark for his career)

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
Rosterbation is good this year because we know something big is more likely to happen.

Just a question here, would you be okay with Phillying it?

Philadelphia traded Jeff Carter and Mike Richards for Brayden Schenn, Wayne Simmonds, a pick that became Sean Couturier, and Jakub Voracek, and a 2nd round pick.

If we were able to do something like Joe Thornton for Morgan Rielly, and then something else with Patty/Pavelski/Boyle, would you be against it? (Not considering sentimental value, or a desire for Marleau to be a shark for his career)

We would need young forwards not young Dmen if we trade those guys.

PlaywithGutz*

I agree that we move Burns back to defense next season.

SJ will and they are dumb..BB was the hardest working forward on the team besides JT and he was a major factor just to getting the PO's..

BB.. a big guy who "plays" the game.. the biggest problem with SJ is that Tmac tries tooooo much. Let them play the game ...

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Considering age and contracts I don't think it would be worth it. I would however look for a Jordan Staal-like return for Pavelski. Couture makes him rather redundant and he could bring a couple nice young pieces. Pavelski is our most valuable trade bait I'd say.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
New GM, new head of the scouting department, new AHL coach, new NHL coach, and new everything beneath those positions. Everything else will percolate from that and it won't be an easy transition but it is a necessary one, I feel. They're barely hanging on with what they have and they don't have many prospects to hang their hat on for the very immediate future that will help them either by playing or by being a trade chip. Hertl, Nieto, and Tierney are players we should keep and develop. After that, not much in value and not much depth on the San Jose roster that can be traded to shore up the areas necessary...especially with a dropping cap for next season.

Bite the bullet next season and build from within.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
With Torres' history, I would be afraid to sign him for more than a year if he'll end up just sitting out half the season and eating the cap. Trade Boyle. Trade Havlat. Let Gomez go and half the useless RFAs.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
With Torres' history, I would be afraid to sign him for more than a year if he'll end up just sitting out half the season and eating the cap. Trade Boyle. Trade Havlat. Let Gomez go and half the useless RFAs.

I don't know if trading Havlat is really a legitimate way to go. Buying him out is probably the only option if we're not keeping him.

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't know if trading Havlat is really a legitimate way to go. Buying him out is probably the only option if we're not keeping him.

Problem with that also means that we need to actually SIGN a free agent with the available money...and we all know we don't get free agents :shakehead

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
I also hope they don't re-sign Hannan. I know he played great but what's the point? We aren't winning, let the kids play.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No, we need defensemen too.

Specifically, #1-2 defensemen. Braun's looking like a solid #3. We have plenty of 4-6 guys both on the team (Demers, Irwin, Tennyson) and in the system (Abeltshauser, Acolatse, Demelo, Petrecki, Doherty, etc.)

So we will have the 19th or 20th pick in the 1st round?

19th if Detroit wins, 20th if Chicago wins. We'll also have the 49th pick (48th if Detroit wins) from the Rangers, our own 50th pick (49th if the Wings win), and the Pens' 2nd rounder.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I'm hoping DW brings back Gomez and Hannan. Both were very solid for us in the playoffs. As for Torres... I think he played really well for us, but his reputation means that he's an easy target for Shanaban when it comes to suspensions. I don't want the guy on the team if he's going to be out for long stretches of time. We already have Havlat. I'd agree with moving Burns back to defense and going after a Stalberg or Vrbata type. Also, Irwin needs to be demoted to bottom pairing or 7th D. Give Demers a chance in the top 4.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why waste money if there is a trade option?

What trade option is there? He's injured a lot and has a full no-move clause. If there's a window, a suitor, or somehow DW decides enough is enough and to hell with his principle, then I don't see any other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad