TSN: 2013 NHL Season Preview: NYR

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
TSN's depth chart upfront is exactly how I would have it. I could see why Hagelin is 2nd line vs Kreider. I do think Kreider ends up playing top 6 minutes though

on D the top 4 really are the top 4 but pairings likely move DZ to 3rd pair, first PP

I imagine TSN thinks Gilroy is going to be signed like most of us do

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
TSN's depth chart upfront is exactly how I would have it. I could see why Hagelin is 2nd line vs Kreider. I do think Kreider ends up playing top 6 minutes though

on D the top 4 really are the top 4 but pairings likely move DZ to 3rd pair, first PP

I imagine TSN thinks Gilroy is going to be signed like most of us do

I thought the same thing of the depth chart. Was pretty much in agreement with it.

And yes also agree with the Gilroy part.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
Per the depth chart: it's largely right in terms of who's the best in their given positions, but I don't think it is a guide for who's going to play with whom.

I think there's little chance we'll end up playing most of the season with Nash-Richards-Gaborik together. It looks dreamy on paper, but in today's NHL, you rarely get one superstar line -- teams are so good defensively, coaches like to balance out the scoring a bit so you force the other team to choose when to throw on their best defenders. As we all know, Torts doesn't go by 1st-line, 2nd-line, etc. anyway.

Edit: looking at it again, on defence, I still think Staal can come back as strong or even stronger than either Girardi or McDonagh, but only time will tell.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Per the depth chart: it's largely right in terms of who's the best in their given positions, but I don't think it is a guide for who's going to play with whom.

I think there's little chance we'll end up playing most of the season with Nash-Richards-Gaborik together. It looks dreamy on paper, but in today's NHL, you rarely get one superstar line -- teams are so good defensively, coaches like to balance out the scoring a bit so you force the other team to choose when to throw on their best defenders. As we all know, Torts doesn't go by 1st-line, 2nd-line, etc. anyway.

Edit: looking at it again, on defence, I still think Staal can come back as strong or even stronger than either Girardi or McDonagh, but only time will tell.

imo he was already better than girardi in the playoffs but this year should show us who is the better LD staal or mcd

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

I say this all the time. I said it when the Nash trade was made. I don't think you should have all 3 on one line. It is stupid. Drop Gaborik to stepan's line, move callahan up to richards line. Even out the scoring. Callahan can win loose puck battles and get it to richards who can then setup nash. Stepan and Gaborik had chemistry on the GAS line last year with anisimov for a period of time. Insert Kreider.

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik

As far as the defense goes, it's a good problem to have deciphering who is your best defenseman out of 3 options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad