GDT: 2013 NHL Entry Draft - TSN - 12:00PM Sunday, June 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack Kassian

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Now that i've come to terms with the trade, as long as this isn't the only move we make before the season i'll save my judgement. Not counting the little moves like 3rd and 4th line signings. Want some shakeups to hopefully actually make are team better next year.

ruiner

Feb 20, 2013
Ya, cuz if MG passed on Nichuskin he's sure to be all over Zadorov.;)

Seriously, I think we can safely discount Nucks drafting any Russians for the duration of the current regime. Would love to be proven wrong cuz Zhykov is still on board.

After how Shirokov turned out can you really blame him?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Even if he wanted out what's he going to do, not report and give up his contract? We've all seen he's a professional and he still gave his all this past half-season even with all this crap surrounding him.

True, even with AV left him in games when he got shellacked 7-8 goals.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland

Seriously, I think we can safely discount Nucks drafting any Russians for the duration of the current regime. Would love to be proven wrong cuz Zhykov is still on board.

After drafting Horvat already, I'd say we can afford to take a bit of a risk with a Russian.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Well he really has no choice in the matter he has a contract with the Canucks he probably new this situation was a possibility. Now it's settle and he's a starter again.

Even if he wanted out what's he going to do, not report and give up his contract? We've all seen he's a professional and he still gave his all this past half-season even with all this crap surrounding him.

This just warms the heart though, I'm sure it will all be sunshine and daffodils with Luongo. Oh, and cue Dreger.

GranvilleIsland

Feb 26, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.

Good, not that Russians are bad hockey players they're just not great team players. I really like the Horvat pick. I'd much rather have a Richards type.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Id be interested in trading down to get a 2nd round pick. Or hopefully Lazar/Petan might be available

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
the amount of risk that gillis takes on with this trade is unreal

The only thing greater is the lack of understanding what a good deal it is for the Canucks moving forward.

We are a much better team and in a much better position moving forward with Bo than Cory and Cory is a great goalie.

We either keep Lou and have him plus Bo or keep Cory plus nothing.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Im just gonna miss Schneids. Such a stud. Hopefully Horvat is welcomed with open arms by Vancouver and not constantly compared to Schneider...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad