Prospect Info: 2013 NHL Entry Draft [Part VII] Offense: "We Want More, We Want More." 11 Days Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well if their scouting department sees MacKinnon as a franchise center it isn't. They then could trade Ennis for help elsewhere, include Grigorenko in the proposal for the #1 pick, etc. They also have Johan Larsson who is a good center prospect.

As I said the cost won't justify trading for the 1st pick, especially considering there's reason to believe you could get Mac with the 2nd pick.

Yeah, well MacKinnon doesn't even have a 2.0, therefore he's too big of a risk for the Avs to draft.
Yes, there is his name is Crosby.:D

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe they don't think they can get Mac with the 2nd pick.

If you going to take a big risk by trading half your team might as well take slight risk and see if he "falls" to you at #2. Worst case scenario you have Jones at half the price and then turn around trade him for a Seguin. You could even save your self the heart attack and just offer that package for a Seguin.

I'm guessing most people think it's Mac because the saber fans want him but I doubt Darcy does. It just doesn't make sense from a teams perspective.

I think I want Jones. But if we are getting a forward. I honestly want Drouin.

Well your half way there.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
McDavid is probably the 2.0 of Crosby. MacKinnon is a different type of dude.

It was complete sarcasm I don't think he'll even come close to being that good.

I forgot about McDavid the new kid on the block another reason for Buff not to go full Pejorative Slur and over pay for Mac.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I forgot about McDavid the new kid on the block another reason for Buff not to go full Pejorative Slur and over pay for Mac.

i know it was sarcasm. i was following along by saying MacKinnon was a different type of dude.

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Who do you guys think will be better when its all said and done between Mackinnon and Tavares?

Personally, I really think Mack will be just a tad better.

I think Mac won't put up the numbers Tavares puts up but Mac will be the better complete player. Tavares' skating lacks and is a little softer than I'd like. MacKinnon can flat out fly and play a physical game. He's a Crosby-lite in that respect that he's an elite skilled "grinder"

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

No team plans their draft strategy based on who's available in next years draft, let alone two drafts away like McDavid. There's absolutely no guarantee Buffalo ends up with the 1st overall pick in 2015 and gets McDavid.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not sure how I missed this one. Sorry if it has already been posted. Amazing to me that a guy his size can skate like that.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater likes to throw Crosby's name around as well but I think MacKinnon is a lot closer to Duchene than he is to Crosby.

I would go in this order (based on potential):

1. Tavares
2. MacKinnon
3. Duchene

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not sure how I missed this one. Sorry if it has already been posted. Amazing to me that a guy his size can skate like that.

It's not only his skating, but the way he can drag the puck around on a string at that size with his wingspan and long reach, with his head up at the same time that is really impressive.

Add his great vision that helps him on the breakout and decision making from the point, to that talent level and athleticism, and you can see why he's so highly touted.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dater cracks me up. He comes up with his own trade scenario with Buffalo of Ryan Miller, center Mikhail Grigorenko, a defensive prospect and the No. 8 pick to the Avs for the first pick.

Then goes on to say "if he agreed to it, Avalanche executive VP of hockey operations Joe Sakic should deservedly have the shortest tenure of any hockey executive" and begins to explain why the Avs don't need Miller or Grigorenko.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad